New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...club waiting for the ink to dry after Evans signed his contract last night in an estate agents

I've had some rubbish pens myself....just don't let Evans out to make a phonecall

He's got a mixed bag of accuracy, he also said Sheridans compensation package was so high he wouldn't be going anywhere.

I'm fearful that Evans' name was put out by his agent or him to pressure another team he was in talks with, and that we're being played. So many other teams need managers.

It seems to rest on enough teams not wanting to take on a divisive figure.

I'm fearful that Evans' name was put out by his agent or him to pressure another team he was in talks with, and that we're being played. So many other teams need managers.

Not many vacancies at the moment is there?

I suppose he can afford to bide his time though.

There's only Forest and Port Vale, isn't there?

He's got a mixed bag of accuracy, he also said Sheridans compensation package was so high he wouldn't be going anywhere.

I love gossip but it does make me chuckle when posters post a rumour with so much detail for authenticity. Either their sources as so shocking or they have too much time on their hands.

Only thing I can add is a certain Mr D has not been interviewed nor had the role discussed with him. Wages, budget and plans have always been a major issue and in his mind will always be. That's straight from the horses proverbial...and begs the question if Evans is a realistic candidate as I get impression his demands would be similar

The beauty of Evans is that I expect no loyalty from him.

If he packs up and walks away 2 months into the job I'd not be that surprised. Shez was entirely different after he'd played up his affection to the club.

If he left us after two months, he'd probably do so having built us a decent side. Edited by dec666

If he left us after two months, he'd probably do so having built us a decent side.

With the delays /lack of commitment to a decision, it does have the feel of a job term stint, in which case persuading decent players to join, when they know another coach will be coming in, may be difficult.

A close source informed me that the delay is due to Steve Evans having just told his Mrs that he lost the house on the Iceland v Portugal game, and that he doesn't yet have the heart or courage to tell her that they may be moving to Oldham

Knowing our club they'll announce it at 2pm today

Ha!

England 1-0: Liam Kelly signs for Orient.

England 2-0: it's Bunn.

England 5-0: "Darren Kelly has clearly learned from his recent experience and we are happy to welcome him back"

Edited by Crusoe

Ha!

England 1-0: Kelly has signed for Orient.

England 2-0: it's Bunn.

England 5-0: "Mr Kelly has clearly learned from his recent experience and we are happy to welcome him back"

England 1-0 Wales : Kelly signs for Orient

England 1 - 2 Wales : Hodgson signs for Oldham

Edited by Midsblue