New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

i believe he's a fat bastard who has strung us along because he's got an eye on another job. I always thought he'd be looking at other options. That's what we were, an option for him which he kept on a back burner. The club gets slagged off whatever it does. It gets ridiculous at times. This is one of them. They showed a bit of ambition. FFS, give them a break.

Dowie-ESQUE. Not necessarily Dowie. The clue was in the ESQUE.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yawn ........ It's been nothing but dull moments! I'm so bored with this now. Why are the club so insular? There's little or no communication from the club to the fans. I don't just mean with the 'manager' situation. It seems that everytime one of our better players or prospects is sold all we are told is an 'undisclosed fee'. There's nothing to get the fans excited, no consolation of seeing that at least we got a decent fee in order to soften the blow. The treatment of the fans is very very poor. I definitely think that there is something very wrong at the club. Why would a manager like John Sheridan who has got a lot of affection for the club, sign a rwo and a half year deal, suddenly leave after 4 and a half months to join a club in a division below after finishing the season on such a high?? Rant over!

From what i heard we had a deal with Evans agreed but then couldn't agree a deal on the backroom staff !!!

Can see TP and Shirtliff starting the season off as we now need to act quickly to even have a chance of putting out a starting 11 come August.

Yawn ........ It's been nothing but dull moments! I'm so bored with this now. Why are the club so insular? There's little or no communication from the club to the fans. I don't just mean with the 'manager' situation. It seems that everytime one of our better players or prospects is sold all we are told is an 'undisclosed fee'. There's nothing to get the fans excited, no consolation of seeing that at least we got a decent fee in order to soften the blow. The treatment of the fans is very very poor. I definitely think that there is something very wrong at the club. Why would a manager like John Sheridan who has got a lot of affection for the club, sign a rwo and a half year deal, suddenly leave after 4 and a half months to join a club in a division below after finishing the season on such a high?? Rant over!

Personal gain. At least in part.

So...am I right that we upped our wage for the manager and also upped our playing budget from £1.2m to £1.8m, which is a 50% increase?!

Sorry for asking but I've read so many bull:censored: sensationalist claims from fans 'in the know' over the last week that I've lost count.

If we have and we sign a manager on a lower wage than Evans then does this mean the surplus is added to the playing budget?

I'm confident that even Corney can secure a decent manager with that on offer and who can build a decent squad if we do have that sort of budget and our disposal.

Keegan implied that whilst Evans turned us down the club are definitely going for a name. Does that include Adams or Bunn or someone else?

From what i heard we had a deal with Evans agreed but then couldn't agree a deal on the backroom staff !!!

is shirtliff still there

Can see TP and Shirtliff starting the season off as we now need to act quickly to even have a chance of putting out a starting 11 come August.

So...am I right that we upped our wage for the manager and also upped our playing budget from £1.2m to £1.8m, which is a 50% increase?!

Sorry for asking but I've read so many bull:censored: sensationalist claims from fans 'in the know' over the last week that I've lost count.

If we have and we sign a manager on a lower wage than Evans then does this mean the surplus is added to the playing budget?

I'm confident that even Corney can secure a decent manager with that on offer and who can build a decent squad if we do have that sort of budget and our disposal.

Keegan implied that whilst Evans turned us down the club are definitely going for a name. Does that include Adams or Bunn or someone else?

Do Adams and Bunn count as names? If not for their playing exploits here they wouldn't would they? The problem they've got now is that they almost got a manager with a proven track record so they've suddenly raised expectations. I think the feeling is that if they now go with unproven manager all remaining goodwill will erode so they're focusing on trying to get somebody with something approaching a track record. They may well sound out some of the bigger available realistic names - Adkins perhaps.

Very easy to lose track of claim and counter claim.

All of it needs

pinchofsalt-carousel.jpg

Edited by singe

I think as far as I saw it, it was a rumour that the budget has been upped substantially. Nothing concrete but if we are getting to the stage of coming that close to getting Evans then it may have some mileage.

Phil Neville?

Great mates with Scholes and whilst that counts for nothing I can see him suggested us if our playing budget has increased plus...just finished his badges, quits Valencia, wants to be a manager rather than assistant, most probably do the job for nowt....

....no sources but just throwing a 'name' out there

For some I could see this happening or I could see Corney cheekily asking him via Scholes

Doomed if this happens

Doomed if this happens

Doomed if this happens[/quote

How are we doomed? TP has more contacts in the game than most! Technically his teams are always spot on.

And Shirtliff I believe had a big say in our improved defence. I have to say, it would be temporary at first to sort things out, but a decent run could really hand it on a plate.

It's surely about ability not your name.

He will have extensive Youth contacts through years at that level, and I think that basing our squad on Youths should be one of our building blocks to get our identity back.

And Shirtliff I believe had a big say in our improved defence. I have to say, it would be temporary at first to sort things out, but a decent run could really hand it on a plate.

It's surely about ability not your name.

He will have extensive Youth contacts through years at that level, and I think that basing our squad on Youths should be one of our building blocks to get our identity back.

We can't base our future on youth if the most promising go to Premiership clubs before playing a first team game.

The kit man has just tweeted with regards to the 3 keepers that have left ... using the hash tag #propercoaching!

is that a dig at our ex keeper coach or a dig at the club?

Congratulations @joelcoleman33 & @chrisrenshaww all the best boys #proper coaching now

Congratulations @DavidJCornell0 on your move @ntfc proper GK coach @P_Kenny1

Of that is genuine from someone at the club he shouldn't be at the club beyond tomorrow.