Fans Behaviour

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a joke? http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/club-news-fan-behaviour-2696668.aspx

I get the no Pyro stance but not one mention of the horrendous policing of the incident. Putting more unprofessional police into the stadiums will just increase tensions.

Just the one question. Who started it? If the answer to that is an Oldham fan then in the context of the article the subsequent behaviour of police is utterly irrelevant.

Load of crap that. The smoke bomb things are pointless. I'm all for atmosphere and stuff but those smoke bombs are a waste of money. Hardly anything comes out of the thing. As for the fans behaviour, the police absolutely man handled that lad and started throwing a fair few punches to his face and body. Is it really any wonder why a few fans saw it and kicked off?

Is this a joke? http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/club-news-fan-behaviour-2696668.aspx

I get the no Pyro stance but not one mention of the horrendous policing of the incident. Putting more unprofessional police into the stadiums will just increase tensions.

I spy with my little eye something written or dictated by Barry.

Load of crap that. The smoke bomb things are pointless. I'm all for atmosphere and stuff but those smoke bombs are a waste of money. Hardly anything comes out of the thing. As for the fans behaviour, the police absolutely man handled that lad and started throwing a fair few punches to his face and body. Is it really any wonder why a few fans saw it and kicked off?

It didnt kick off though did it? The only punches I saw thrown inside the ground were that of the policeman.

So people misbehave on away trips and the Police use that as an excuse to raise more money from us at home.

The only problems I have seen at away games were the result of poor ticketing, bad stewarding and brutality from the police.

Wading into the crowd when a smoke bomb has been set off is a bad idea - identify the culprit and wait until he/she moves then grab them and ban them. Simples.

If that was model policing they have got the wrong model and should not allow stewards to dictate how they act.

To the average person, the Bury video looks like the OAFC fans being aggressive. The Bradford (home match) stone throwing incident speaks for itself and the MEN have already made the most of the Rochdale away game. I don't think any are that significant but Oldham is losing the PR battle here. Police are facing cuts, they've spotted a way of raising money, they have the MEN behind them, doesn't take a genius.

I can't remember the last time there was any trouble at a game at BP.

Doncaster fans fighting amongst themselves is probably the most recent, and it didn't involve Oldham fans. Beyond that, it goes back years...

Let's be honest, a few kids throwing stones 100s of yards away from the ground ie. Crawley and Bradford is a pathetic excuse to charge the club more

The fact some of you will diagree with this (as seen in a recent thread) says it all.

Go and have a good time but :censored:in behave! then there can be no arguments about how the police handled things as they will have no need to get involved if you don't give them a reason.

26 years years watching Latics and ive never been kicked out of a ground arrested or even warned by a steward or the police. It's not difficult is it?