Fans Behaviour

Vaguely remember it "kicking off" before the game in March at the pub outside the train station. If this is the incident M.E.N are referring to its pathetic as from what I was told it was a group of about 10 Bradford inbreds shouting abuse from the outside and 1 or 2 Oldham idiots retaliating. Nothing dramatic.

Pretty sure Latics would of been referring to the home game a couple of weeks ago and the M.E.N have crossed wires. If so , again its well over the top as those kids in the video might not have even been at the game.

There's far, far worse sets of supporters than our lot.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People saying "Just stay out of trouble. It's easy" just don't know the half of it. I got into a scrape at home last night.

The missus started the ball rolling by asking me to stack the dishwasher. As soon as the order goes up, you’ve got to be on your toes. I didn’t fancy this one to be honest but I couldn’t wriggle out. I wasn’t wrong either, as soon as I went into the kitchen, I knew the situation was well on top.

We had had a Chinese and there were plates, cups, bowls :censored:ing everywhere. And the filth was everywhere too. I got myself together. No matter, I’d been here many times before and you don’t get a rep from sitting on your arse not having a go.

In for a penny, in for a pound I thought. I don’t mind rolling up my sleeves and getting my hands dirty so I set about them right from the off. They weren’t expecting it like that so that’s precisely what I did.

The cups at first. Right dirty bastards they were and the only thing to do was to go straight into them, rinsing them a bit before stacking them in a line. To be fair, they put up quite a decent show and some of them were right slippery :censored: - but I rounded them easily in the end.

Cutlery next and they weren’t for moving. Stood firm they did and you had to take your hat off to them. Saying that, most people know that I’m not into blades and I wasn’t going to let them get the better of me. Not on home turf. No :censored:ing way. No one gets the better of me at home.

Anyway, I couldn’t back down, she’d go mad plus I done the hard bit already.

I got right in amongst them grabbing them with my fists. At one stage I must have had 10 – 15 of them right there, in my hands, but I never :censored: out. If they can see your arse, you might aswell give up there and then. Hang up the marigolds so to speak. In they went in the end but they struggled like :censored: and I was getting a sweat on. Came across a few stragglers later but it was easy pickings by that stage.

Plates last. As most people know, they’re all front. There they were, lording it up like they were big time but I knew they weren’t. They were about 10 handed aswell but as soon as I’d given the one at the top a slap, the rest followed easily. I was really buzzing by this stage having nearly got the job done. In the last one went before I brought out “One Wash Lenor” to mop up.

Door shut – job done – nice result.

But if you think that was on top, wait to I tell you about an away day at Tesco’s last November and me having a mare shaving the other week.

But if you think that was on top, wait to I tell you about an away day at Tesco’s last November and me having a mare shaving the other week.

We went to Tesco the other week. You never been in a :censored:ing ruck until you've managed to get a trolley back to the 51 plate family hatchback with a stuck wheel.

Giving it the big one, got stuck into the dishes, saying it was a bit naughty & it was getting on top, could not do it without the help of some liquid sounds a bit of a fairy to me.

possibly the most contrived pun of all time. Unlikely to be a worse one; you could have it inscribed on a tablet and let it finish there

Edited by Dave_Og

Although what happened at Bury was a bit ugly it was nothing compared to what went on nearly every week in the early 80s when I started watching Latics so I think who ever penned this statement wants to get a grip. Back then (when it was actually a working class sport) the sight of any aggro was enough to make you forget about how :censored:e life was, few pints, a bit of a ruck with the opposition then home on the football special. The match day experience in 'modern' football has become a bit sterile and let's face it, apart from 2 or 3 seasons (a long time ago now) we haven't had a right lot to get excited about so no wonder a few of 'the youth' decide to have the odd skirmish. Perhaps they've heard their dads waxing lyrical about the good old days of the 70s & 80s.

Perhaps to you it is bollocks, but that's the way it is and has been for many a year...not just in Oldham. Maybe the whole reason for going is for the 'skirmish' and 90 minutes of football just spoils an otherwise good day out?

I refer you to my previous post. Dont go take up boxing or something like that if you want a day out fighting because people who are doing that are not Oldham fans.

I refer you to my previous post. Dont go take up boxing or something like that if you want a day out fighting because people who are doing that are not Oldham fans.

As much as I see where you are coming from, boxing and MMA don't really offer the same environment as being "a lad" at the footy.. In most cases there a lot of beer and drugs involved also there's the sense of security that being with your mates offers, at the end of the day young lads and even some grown men treat this behaviour as a hobby, blowing a little steam off, something they can do at weekend and return to the normal lives the minute it's over with...

whilst you might not agree with it that's the mentality of it.. Taking up boxing, MMA or even joining the army and fighting for the county requires a lot more commitment.

Edited by OAFCM35

Who were the fans supposed to contact if they were concerned about behaviour today?

The fans liason officer at BP. I believe the club have ears on the ground on match days home and away with regards to our match day experience and I think there is a hotline/contact number too. But I don't know it

The fans liason officer at BP. I believe the club have ears on the ground on match days home and away with regards to our match day experience and I think there is a hotline/contact number too. But I don't know it

Ears on the ground with regards to our matchday experiance, now that made me chuckle.

Who does? The story on the official site smacks of 'Look, Officer, we're doing what we can to deal with the bastards...' They say, if you have a problem, refer to the fans' liaison or whatever but don't provide any contact details.