Coleman, Mills, Winchester, Turner and Truelove.

I've heard they are not in the click and not fancied/liked by Dunn. One thing they all have in common is they are young and easy targets, where any of them playing that bad that they deserved to be frozen out of the first team? Its not like we have been tearing up trees since Dunn got the gig so its a difficult one to understand, we were told every player had a clean slate once Dunn took us in to this new era, apparently thats not the case.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard they are not in the click and not fancied/liked by Dunn. One thing they all have in common is they are young and easy targets, where any of them playing that bad that they deserved to be frozen out of the first team? Its not like we have been tearing up trees since Dunn got the gig so its a difficult one to understand, we were told every player had a clean slate once Dunn took us in to this new era, apparently thats not the case.[/quote

Winchester has been poor but is still on the bench, Mills is injured, Coleman's a very young lad and was probably given a rest, Truelove is always injured and Turner needed games.

I've heard they are not in the click and not fancied/liked by Dunn. One thing they all have in common is they are young and easy targets, where any of them playing that bad that they deserved to be frozen out of the first team? Its not like we have been tearing up trees since Dunn got the gig so its a difficult one to understand, we were told every player had a clean slate once Dunn took us in to this new era, apparently thats not the case.[/quote

Winchester has been poor but is still on the bench, Mills is injured, Coleman's a very young lad and was probably given a rest, Truelove is always injured and Turner needed games.

Will you please stop with this level headed reasoning, we were nearly full throttle into a paranoid delusional conspiracy there. Spoilsport.

Woof.

'Not pulling up trees' when you're two games in isn't a concern for me.

When Dunn took the gig, he admitted that we were going to shut up shop for a few games. Frustrating to watch but necessary after 3 defeats in a row including a dry bumming at home.

If the last 45 minutes are anything to go by, I'm quietly optimistic for the rest of the season. We took the game to the mighty Wigan from the whistle and were certainly full value for our equaliser, even before the sending off.

Anyway, back to the bait...

Coleman - since when has getting dropped after a few shaky performances meant a player isn't 'in the click'? If he can't come back from this minor setback I'll eat his gloves.

Mills - reported to be injured. I'll take that on face value until something concrete to the contrary comes along.

Winchester - I love watching him when on song. That hasn't happened yet this season and I presume that extends to training too. Let's all send him positive thoughts because he's a player who should be first on the team sheet.

Turner - great finish to last season and I had really high hopes that things would pop for him this year. It hasn't happened. Yet. A productive loan spell would be magic all round.

Truelove - how many games had this lad played prior to Dunn being appointed? Hardly been sidelined since, has he?

Or, maybe the OP's right and we're allowing a former Premier League ponce to dismantle our 'best squad in years' from the ground up?

I've heard they are not in the click and not fancied/liked by Dunn. One thing they all have in common is they are young and easy targets, where any of them playing that bad that they deserved to be frozen out of the first team? Its not like we have been tearing up trees since Dunn got the gig so its a difficult one to understand, we were told every player had a clean slate once Dunn took us in to this new era, apparently thats not the case.

Interesting if true.

I'd prefer to see youngsters given time and chances to develop, but Dunn's priority is to put out a functional, and hopefully entertaining, team so if he doesn't feel they are good for that then ultimately that's his choice. For what it's worth, from what I've seen I'd like to think all those players could play a big part in the team progressing over the next year or two, Winchester especially who's an entertaining player to watch regardless of his flaws.

Either way, I think that post is overly critical of Dunn. Not tearing up trees? He's had 2 games. Clean slate? Maybe Dunn has quickly judged their characters and doesn't feel they are right for us. Young and easy targets? 4 of them are young but I wouldn't put Mills in that category. I wouldn't call them easy targets either as most if not all of those players are rated by our fans. For a post that doesn't have a clear source, it's not really fair to be that negative towards Dunn.

Never heard so much bollocks in all my life. Coleman has been awful the last few games he played such a soft touch. Won't collect a single cross. Gets bullied from set pieces. So he should be dropped. Cornell has got better in the second game and looked solid! Cleared crossed didn't get bullied looked comfortable.

Mills is injured Winchester has been awful not a patch on last year. Just because someone was good last season doesn't make them an automatic starter!!

Higdon is the sort of player we have been missing. Big striker who bully's people. Turner needs games elsewhere he isn't ready yet.

Not a case of picking your mates it's called Competition and if your not up to it you should be dropped! I can't complain with his selections. Poor reasoning to start such a stupid rumour.

Dunn buddies at Oldham?

He hasn't been here 2 months yet.

Poeple don't become buddies in that short time, it just does not work like that. If someone is all pally like that at work people steer well clear.

He hasn't and arguably in the best position. Seen them up close and a bit of an idea strengths and weaknesses. but not pally enough to be worried about making straight forward decisions.

Winchester is the strange one for me.

While he doesn't have the work rate of Croft (i.e. doesn't run around as much), his keeping hold of the ball would compensate for that if Dunn wants us to be tight. And he can defend a bit.

He's far, far more of an attacking threat than Croft though and has ability you'd expect Dunn to admire.

Unless something's gone on behind the scene's we're wasting one of the best talents we've had in recent years not just to his detriment but to the detriment of the team too.

Edited by HarryBosch