Swindon Town v Oldham Athletic (20/10/15)

On to the next and in the last half hour, swindon have parted ways with their manager and have put their chairman in charge of temporary first team affairs.

Do we go with the same team with dieng taking Burns place due to suspension? We need 3 points here as i cant see us picking any up against rochdale on Saturday... Though i said that on both occasions last season and we did the double!

Onwards to the next, but with 13 games gone and 4th from bottom with only one win on the board and a few teams with a game in hand over us, it really is worrying!

Oh when the blues!!!

Edited by RoyleArmy1994

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornell

Dummigan

Wilson

Dieng

Lafferty

Winchester

Kelly

Fulton

Jones

Higdon

Poleon

(replace any player of your choice in any position with Philliskirk....)

On curent form that could be Jones rested. Edited by BP1960

Winchester needs to be in the no 10 role no matter what, ran the show first half on saturday the lad. Will be interesting to see what formation he plays with Higdon coming back.

I was pretty annoyed to see Philly starting on Saturday but thought he played quite well to be fair. He'll keep a place.

Liked the "mopping up" we seemed to do on saturday too first half with Kelly and Fulton just hanging back and keeping things ticking over between Philly/Winch/Jones.

Can we drop Dummigan? He'll be off soon and we need to give our other right backs game time. Eckersley and B Wilson in particular if they are part of Dunn's plans.

Would like to keep Lafferty longer but can't see it happening.

No reason why they won't stay for 3 months if we can/want them to do so.

Can we drop Dummigan? He'll be off soon and we need to give our other right backs game time. Eckersley and B Wilson in particular if they are part of Dunn's plans.

Would like to keep Lafferty longer but can't see it happening.

Eckersley was a strange signing.

Might as well keep playing him, looked the dogs bollocks on saturday. Should get better with more games too.

Dieng in the middle with Wilson and Lafferty on the other side looks decent!

Burn will be a decent player but his sending off sat might be a blessing in disguise, Can bring Dieng into the team now with Wilson, their partnership last year when we were unbeaten for like 12 games was very good.

First game managed to see with Lafferty in side. Was really impressed. A player in an Oldham shirt who can deliver a good first time cross. Been a while. David Eyres possible last player to manage more than one of those in a game. Wonder what he's doing now. Reckon he could still do a job

The longer we drift along without a win just entrenches us more and more in the mire. Traditionally we've had a reasonable start to a season and went on a winless streak second half so having it this way round is worrying me more than it normally does. A must-win for us tonight I reckon. Or 4 points from 6 between now and Saturday as a minimum.

Personally, I feel we're going to finally get relegated this season. Higdon staying fit for his whole spell is crucial. can we get him for the reason of the season or is it three months and he gets seen off with a picture of a spitfire?

Lee Power was on TalkSport earlier. There's no audio of it up on the website yet.

He owns the club outright after buying them as part of a consortium when they were losing £5m a year and now balances the books.

They have a model based on them developing talent and selling on for decent money & also for developing Premier league loanees meaning they're offered better players than the likes of us.

The line wasn't great but it sounded like he was saying he does all the player recruitment and has a coaching team that will stay in place and that whichever manager comes in will have to buy into their way of doing things and a prescribed style of play.

He said that the passing, attacking style of play also helps towards getting good money for their players and attracting top Prem loans.

The manager is just there to pick the team and make substitutions. I'm sure he said the manager wouldn't be expected to get involved in coaching either.

Lee Power was on TalkSport earlier. There's no audio of it up on the website yet.

He owns the club outright after buying them as part of a consortium when they were losing £5m a year and now balances the books.

They have a model based on them developing talent and selling on for decent money & also for developing Premier league loanees meaning they're offered better players than the likes of us.

The line wasn't great but it sounded like he was saying he does all the player recruitment and has a coaching team that will stay in place and that whichever manager comes in will have to buy into their way of doing things and a prescribed style of play.

He said that the passing, attacking style of play also helps towards getting good money for their players and attracting top Prem loans.

The manager is just there to pick the team and make substitutions. I'm sure he said the manager wouldn't be expected to get involved in coaching either.

A job made for Judas.

Tonight's the night we get our 10th draw of the season!

The big question in selection is if Higdon should come back in for Philliskirk. Other than that, it should stay the same as Saturday.

Could be Jones who misses out, he's not in the best of form out wide.

If we bring Higdon back it means a change of formation. Tough one for Dunn tonight.

Jones was OK I thought on Saturday but I think he will be sacrificed. He certainly doesn't seem happy out wide & its been written all over his face when subbed in the last few home games