Swindon Town v Oldham Athletic (20/10/15)

You can't argue with two goals in two games. Brilliant stuff.

Having seen him live tonight for the first time this season, you can't argue with him full stop. I don't know if that is how he has played in other games but what I saw tonight showed why he gets so much praise, and keeps getting picked by manager after manager. He is the embodiment of, yes a cliche, keeping care of the ball and even before he scored he was in my thoughts as possibly man of the match, until he played the one and only bad pass I saw him play in the 82nd minute.

You could always see why clubs like Chelsea wanted.

How he gets stick on here, I really have never understood.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. I bet Dunn's got a perma 'told you so' smirk at the moment too.

If he can get anywhere near the form he was in when he came back, he'll easily justify his place. Just needs to be given a role.

...seen him live tonight for the first time this season...

...How he gets stick on here, I really have never understood.

He, as well as others, have been shocking. Not helped by where he's been played on occasions but stick has been warranted.

Good news that he looks to be finding form though.

Absolutely. I bet Dunn's got a perma 'told you so' smirk at the moment too.

Not the only one! Credit to Dunn really though for sorting out the formation for a team (and club) that was on it's knees 10 days ago,

Say it again Harry! If it is 3 in 3 on Saturday, are you showing your backside outside the Regal Moon? (Cue Diego getting a picture)

Not the only one! Credit to Dunn really though for sorting out the formation for a team (and club) that was on it's knees 10 days ago,

Say it again Harry! If it is 3 in 3 on Saturday, are you showing your backside outside the Regal Moon? (Cue Diego getting a picture)

In comes Winchester and Philiskirk scores two goals. Maybe Danny has been refusing to play well in protest at Winchester's exclusion.

Having seen him live tonight for the first time this season, you can't argue with him full stop. I don't know if that is how he has played in other games but what I saw tonight showed why he gets so much praise, and keeps getting picked by manager after manager. He is the embodiment of, yes a cliche, keeping care of the ball and even before he scored he was in my thoughts as possibly man of the match, until he played the one and only bad pass I saw him play in the 82nd minute.

You could always see why clubs like Chelsea wanted.

How he gets stick on here, I really have never understood.

YES!

Makes me laugh on here people actually say stuff like 'Ive never seen somebody give the ball away so much' when one of his biggest attributes is his ball retention!!!!!!

Idiots.

YES!

Makes me laugh on here people actually say stuff like 'Ive never seen somebody give the ball away so much' when one of his biggest attributes is his ball retention!!!!!!

Idiots.

He is prone to being shoved off the ball and giving it away a lot when he is out of form.

When he is playing well he retains the ball well and makes the passes, where he might lose possession if he wasn't playing well.

YES!

Idiots.

Makes me laugh on here people actually say stuff like he can play in midfield when he plays not in midfield and we win and call other people who state that he cannot play in midfield idiots.

Oh and the midfielder who they want him to replace scores the winner (from midfield!)

Next up the Dale with both playing.

Makes me laugh on here people actually say stuff like he can play in midfield when he plays not in midfield and we win and call other people who state that he cannot play in midfield idiots.

Oh and the midfielder who they want him to replace scores the winner (from midfield!)

Next up the Dale with both playing.

Say what???

On a completely unrelated note but it needed posting:

Wildshut, Boro's Lightning fast LM who caused us all sorts of problems, is on loan at Wigan and played a starring role for them last night. How on earth did that happen?

Parachute payments?

No.

I've said previously this is a player who will consistently score 10 to 15 goals a season for us if he sticks around long term.

YES!

Idiots.

Agree with that, although he has given it away in some truly awful positions in midfield on a few occasions this season. I like him for the reason he grafts his bollocks off and keeps hold of the ball but what was annoying me was how Winchester wasn't in the side infront of him as he offers more creativity, now we've managed to sort something that has them both featuring that's a big plus.

Listen to LP commentary of Latics' goals - about 1min 30sec long.

https://clyp.it/4qwn5o5f

V direct 1st goal with Higdon doing what we brought him in for - Cornell kicked out to Higdon, under pressure he lays it off to Winni who flicks it on to Jones to Curl one in to the top corner from outside the box!

Borrowed. Thank you!

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/47571-201516-video-highlights-brought-to-you-by-playershare/page-2#entry809614

This was a must win game for all sorts of reasons and win we did. Fantastic. Leaving Dieng out confuses me.

Some balance is needed as we have now beaten two teams who are below us in the table and failed to beat anyone else.

Win the next two games and our season will be back on track.

This was a must win game for all sorts of reasons and win we did. Fantastic. Leaving Dieng out confuses me.

Some balance is needed as we have now beaten two teams who are below us in the table and failed to beat anyone else.

Win the next two games and our season will be back on track.

Both teams were above us when we beat them ;)

Goals / highlights up on the sky sports app. Was it as one sided as the highlights make out? They show about 10 of our chances and only show their goal.

Pretty much yes, certainly in terms of creating chances and penetration.

Funnily enough, BBC shows them as having had 53% possession, which you wouldn't really expect given that domination but really, a good proportion of that was them passing the ball between keeper and defenders trying to find a pass out, before finally having to resort to riskier passes or longer, more hopeful balls into channels.

Whilst we didn't press to the intensity of the better LJ days (I really don't think Winchester seems suited to that sort of game), we did pen them in quite effectively, and stifled a lot of their game before it even got started.