Lafferty

Returned to Burnley due to injury and probably won't see him in an Oldham shirt again.

Massive loss to the team on the left side and as good a FB as you will see at our level. An excellent all round player that will be missed. Let's hope Eckersley or Mills can fill the void!

With Forte still out, hopefully the money can go towards a pacey winger.

Its said Yeats was outstanding for the reserves, so under DDs philosophy he could start on the left wing on Saturday.

Edited by BP1960

That is sad and bad news I only saw him play in the loss to Scunthorpe and could see he had some class , even though I think that was not his best performance- I saw him referred to by somebody as the worst ever full back to have played for Latics or something along those lines

FTFY

Edited by Monty Burns

Its said Yeats was outstanding for the reserves, so under DDs philosophy he could start on the left wing on Saturday.

Perhaps. I think that Poleon is the only one similar to Forte in the squad with pace, however he is better upfront rather than on the wing and we need someone on the wing to be able to take the game to the opposition as we currently look to slow, especially when trying to break.

• 2 months later...