all this talk of a change in management

I have been banging on about Corney for a while now, i think the revelation about Vardy speaks absolute volumes about the owner, a complete lack of willingness to take a punt on a talented player, he'd much rather oversee loan signings incurring no or little cost.

I too find the current 'brand' of football painful to watch, yes, we are loyal fans but we all have a limit and i have reached mine insofar as paying 22 quid every week to watch unbridled dross is concerned.

50/60k on Joe Colbeck - what does that speak?

Maybe splashing 60k on players like Joe Colbeck made him a little wary. 30k for someone who may potentially do well is a lot of money.

If he can win some games and/or entertain us people will stop "bashing" him...

It's a two way street. All he has to do is do his job a bit better. That's not an unreasonable thing to ask is it?

He has to learn how to do his job first. We must be patient whilst he improves.

The unreasonable bit is to expect him to have learned it already within 10 games, especially with his best 2 forwards out injured plus others.

Most struggling clubs can go towards mid table with only 2 better players. Most clubs in mid table can progress towards the play offs with another 2.

Hopefully soon we will have the 2 so will move upwards. For Dunn the challenge will be to get those next 2. That is when we should judge him, not now!

What another load of bollocks to say they are ticking us over until we make a profit.

SC knows better than anybody that his hopes of every getting any return on his money are Nil -

There's an old saying in football , how do you make a million out of a club , invest 10mill !!!

Best to preclude it with 'I know nothing about this but' doesn't Corney, not the club, own the new stand and all its money-making functions, and hasn't he sold off club land privately?

We all know by now he saved the club etc. but that is the past, and things can change.

That for me is part of the problem, the land is now no longer owned by the club, the new stand is not owned by the club, they are separate entities.

It is unclear yet if the Club owns the North Stand but I think that they do.

What is clear is that any profits from it will go into OEC Ltd. Perhaps that is just to repay the set up costs.

Any potential buyer would have to include in their bid The North Stand including all functions Income etc.

They still wont get anything like £8M for the club. But they will want their money back for the Land

I can understand all this moaning about how poorly we are playing but I really do not get the abuse directed at Simon Corney-many on here thought the new stand would never be built-it has. Many thought it would never open/be in use-it is. Nobody can deny the ground is in a better state now than it has been for years.

He's the Chairman and has chief responsibility for the state of the football club - would you say it's in a good place at the moment? I wouldn't..

I've seen the thinking behind most of his decisions up to the Evans fiasco, but since then I've no clue what his thinking is. There was a hastily-removed "Corney quits" headline on the Chron website straight after the Evans deal fell through. Maybe there was something to that and while he's obviously not "quit", I think he might have had enough and is perhaps leaving a lot of the decisions about the club to the rest of the board...

He's the Chairman and has chief responsibility for the state of the football club - would you say it's in a good place at the moment? I wouldn't..

I've seen the thinking behind most of his decisions up to the Evans fiasco, but since then I've no clue what his thinking is. There was a hastily-removed "Corney quits" headline on the Chron website straight after the Evans deal fell through. Maybe there was something to that and while he's obviously not "quit", I think he might have had enough and is perhaps leaving a lot of the decisions about the club to the rest of the board...

I do suspect that you are correct and I think that we need a CEO. My major worry is that he would probably wear a red fleece

It's a two way street. All he has to do is do his job a bit better. That's not an unreasonable thing to ask is it?

No Harry it isn't. However, it cannot be very nice for him to come on here and read a poll thread where one of the options is to sack Dunn in order to get a currently less successful manager to the club. Dunn is learning how to muddle through games at the moment which is something that I feel is critical if he is to build a foundation for success; we are proving difficult to beat. I think and hope that Dunn is a stayer. And I think that he will do his job a bit better given time.

Corney just needs to employ somebody to run the club, do his job.

There must be someone out there who could.

Somebody who could not only run the club well off the field but also have the contacts, experience & nouse to appoint decent managers & coaches and sign decent players...

Whatever money he had to pay such a person would surely be recouped and then some.....?

This for me ...

The quality of the directors and people running the club on a day to day basis are letting SC down. SC is too busy to give 100% attention and his track record of keeping the club ticking with just enough investment / effort may well backfire with relegation one day soon.

I appreciate the efforts SC has put into the club over the years - and the money! But it needs strong daily leadership as well and that seems missing.

No Harry it isn't. However, it cannot be very nice for him to come on here and read a poll thread where one of the options is to sack Dunn in order to get a currently less successful manager to the club. Dunn is learning how to muddle through games at the moment which is something that I feel is critical if he is to build a foundation for success; we are proving difficult to beat. I think and hope that Dunn is a stayer. And I think that he will do his job a bit better given time.

Build a foundation for success as the 8th loan of his short reign rocks up in a week or two, have a look at the back of yesterdays program,our squad must have had 40 names on it nearly twice as many as Mansfields and that doesnt even include our latest recruit, fans in the stand were asking who was coming on as nobody recognises the players, if thats foundation we are well and truely :censored:ed.

What a load of balls,

SC has supported every manager he has appointed, ok he has not made the perfect choice everytime but to say he hasn't supported them is total bollocks.

What another load of bollocks to say they are ticking us over until we make a profit.

SC knows better than anybody that his hopes of every getting any return on his money are Nil -

There's an old saying in football , how do you make a million out of a club , invest 10mill !!!

He has made it clear that he will sell the club but only to somebody that can take us on to another level.

He could have walked a long time ago like the 2 other amigos but he didn't and has kept us afloat to live another day.

An absolute crap posting and i would suggest you get a lesson in business management before you start spouting crap about SC.

Read my post properly instead of twisting it into what you want to hear and you might get a better understanding of my point. Firstly I say until they can make a profit not we. This maybe by developing the land, selling the land, oec or whatever. Coupled with a prospective sale fee a profit for tta is more than possible. Even if not in the short term.

As for supporting the managers, yes I fully agree he has done in the past but the past is the past. Vardy is just a drop in the ocean and quoting names like Joe colbeck from years ago isn't a reasonable argument. I'm talking the present and the only player we have put reasonable investment in in recent times is baxter who would virtually guarantee a return. A no brainer if you like.

It's quite clear for all to see he has no ambition to provide the fans with a product we can back anymore. The minimum we expect as fans is to see someone who is literally doing everything they possibly can to bring success to the club regardless of capital but he has no inspiring qualities. He and the tta used to inspire so much optimism but these days he doesn't want to be here.

As for the manner of your post I could take you seriously if you had a constructive and we'll worded argument but to suggest my post is bollocks, that I'm talking crap and I should get a lesson is business management is condescending and looking to get a reaction. Not the words of someone I will continue to have a reasonable debate with

It is ridiculous to talk about changing the manager after a handful of games. The problem is that the Board have put Dunn under ridiculous pressure because of the way they handled the Kelly situation.

Under normal circumstances our fans tend to show reasonable patience (not all granted but on the whole). Unfortunately this season a precident was set that seems to have changed a few people's mindset. I can see a logic to people saying that we haven't seen an improvement since Dunn came in so he should be treated the same way as his predicedsor. The reality is that presumably there were more fundamental issues with Kelly and we now have someone the board believe in and he needs to be given time.

Furthermore the fact the club has had 4 managers in the last year will inevitably lead to there being a number of players who are on the payroll who Dunn won't fancy. The instability makes it impossible to organically improve the squad hence the crazy number of loaned we are seeing.

Whilst I don't hold Dunn responsible for any of this it doesn't stop me being frustrated and indeed angry at what's happening. As manager, he will sometimes get the brunt of that frustration.

I don't buy that - if he's been preparing for management he'll have known how he wants his team to play a long time ago. If he didn't and he's making it up as he goes along Corney really has dropped an almighty bollock.

I don't buy that - if he's been preparing for management he'll have known how he wants his team to play a long time ago. If he didn't and he's making it up as he goes along Corney really has dropped an almighty bollock.

Thats very very naive. Nobody can even start to implement any plan until they have assesed the players available.

Read my post properly instead of twisting it into what you want to hear and you might get a better understanding of my point. Firstly I say until they can make a profit not we. This maybe by developing the land, selling the land, oec or whatever. Coupled with a prospective sale fee a profit for tta is more than possible. Even if not in the short term.

As for supporting the managers, yes I fully agree he has done in the past but the past is the past. Vardy is just a drop in the ocean and quoting names like Joe colbeck from years ago isn't a reasonable argument. I'm talking the present and the only player we have put reasonable investment in in recent times is baxter who would virtually guarantee a return. A no brainer if you like.

It's quite clear for all to see he has no ambition to provide the fans with a product we can back anymore. The minimum we expect as fans is to see someone who is literally doing everything they possibly can to bring success to the club regardless of capital but he has no inspiring qualities. He and the tta used to inspire so much optimism but these days he doesn't want to be here.

As for the manner of your post I could take you seriously if you had a constructive and we'll worded argument but to suggest my post is bollocks, that I'm talking crap and I should get a lesson is business management is condescending and looking to get a reaction. Not the words of someone I will continue to have a reasonable debate with

SC has not had a chance to support Dunne with a budget of any sorts because he was made manager after the transfer window shut.

All he can do is bring loans in and he has certainly supported him in that.

They must at least give Dunne the chance to bring players in during the January window first.

I agree with an earlier post that SC has been fully occupied with the new stand and doing his own business in the states.

The people he has left to run the club are poor commercial people and probably need replacing.

As for the supporters action - what action do you propose - take over like Stockport , no brainer and no thanks.

Your post i guess was bourne out of sheer frustration at the current state of affairs , fair enough as a lot of fans feel like that but to suggest that they are sucking the life out of the club is ludicrous.

Until he can sell it to somebody better then we have to support the club and hope that he eventually gets it right.

SC and DD bashing are all too common and easy to do at the moment , do people believe they set out just to do a bad job !!!

They like all the backroom staff are probably working their whatnots off to make it work . Some are just not good enough but not easy to get rid of or replace.

It 's a lot harder to support a club when they are in this position but i wish they would instead of moaning about it.

Edited by losesome

Thats very very naive. Nobody can even start to implement any plan until they have assesed the players available.

Did he not train day in day out and play in the same team for Kellys 9 games? He would of had more of an heads up than most about the ability of the squad.

He's been here all season - surely he must have had some ideas before he took over?

I think there's enough quality in the current squad to be doing better - I don't think it's unreasonable to expect results to improve soon. If we're relying on Dunn's dealings in the transfer market in January to save our season, I think we might have had it.

This is not a thread about the manager, managers come and go, this is a thread about the supporters who tend, if the club shares their aspirations, to stay. The problem is that support is bleeding away!

This year has already become a trial and I'm going out of habit with no hope as we are on course for league 2. The coming and going of managers has much to do with this and those who run our club are the ones who have to take responsibility for this.

The FA must share some of the blame as they are peddling a way of playing which leads to league 1 clubs playing 4 5 1 which does stifle anyone playing 4 4 2 but ultimately the product we get is sideways and backwards rather than up and at them. It is a system based on not conceding rather than on scoring more goals than the opposition - it is the same system that the Man U fans are up in arms about and which resulted in the worse Manchester Derby for years.

The failure to open the North Stand on time has hurt both reputation and pocket and because it has been so miserably handled added to my mistrust and frustration. I understand from the North Stand construction thread that the football club has a lease until 2031 and that it is the football club that has found and is still finding the money to build and some day finish the North Stand. If ( a big IF) this is correct then the football club should benefit from the income but it also is saddled with paying off the debts presumably by 2031.

However having said all this the only thing you can do is to vote with your money and stop supporting your team.

Did he not train day in day out and play in the same team for Kellys 9 games? He would of had more of an heads up than most about the ability of the squad.

9 games is enough? I agree its long enough to decide about a few things;

Who are our wide players that can go past their fullbacks and cross a ball? Croft and/or Yeates-Pass. Poleon-pissing myself laughing!

Who are our playmakers? Himself, Green and/or Winchester?-Pass

Who are our best strikers? Cassidy and/or Forte-Yeah they'll do-oh dear both injured. Get a loanee in or play Poleon up there

Who are our best 2 central midfielders? Kelly and Jones-Yeah they'll do for me-:censored: both playing crap-better get Philly back in there and borrow someone

Who are our best 2 fullbacks? Anybody but Brown but Mills is Ok-:censored: Mills in injured. Get in 2 loanees

Who partners James Wilson at the back? Oh :censored: didnt Kelly bother signing anybody. Get in 2 loanees.

And some on here expect us to be winning games and playing attractive football. Its easy this football management isnt it?

Edited by ChaddySmoker

rudemedic

Yet no doubt someone will come on and say "but they saved us"; that simply isn't the case they've taken a club that was dying giving it some new live but now it is getting to the point that the club is soon going to go back on life support.

So isn't this saving the club?

You also conveniently forget that all this club, like most others runs at a loss. So who stumps up the money then?

50/60k on Joe Colbeck - what does that speak?

Maybe splashing 60k on players like Joe Colbeck made him a little wary. 30k for someone who may potentially do well is a lot of money.

50/60 k Fooook me thats a staggering ammount of money that is!!!

50/60 k Fooook me thats a staggering ammount of money that is!!!

Is for us. If we sold 4000 tickets to a home game, even if for some reason they were all adult tickets, that would come to £88k. So when you consider everything that gets paid out, player wages, staff, police etc I'd say we're losing money there. So yes, a huge amount

9 games is enough? I agree its long enough to decide about a few things;

Who are our wide players that can go past their fullbacks and cross a ball? Croft and/or Yeates-Pass. Poleon-pissing myself laughing!

Who are our playmakers? Himself, Green and/or Winchester?-Pass

Who are our best strikers? Cassidy and/or Forte-Yeah they'll do-oh dear both injured. Get a loanee in or play Poleon up there

Who are our best 2 central midfielders? Kelly and Jones-Yeah they'll do for me-:censored: both playing crap-better get Philly back in there and borrow someone

Who are our best 2 fullbacks? Anybody but Brown but Mills is Ok-:censored: Mills in injured. Get in 2 loanees

Who partners James Wilson at the back? Oh :censored: didnt Kelly bother signing anybody. Get in 2 loanees.

And some on here expect us to be winning games and playing attractive football. Its easy this football management isnt it?

Best post for ages chaddysmoker.