Where does now rank amongst the worst times to have supported OAFC?

This is not the worst team we have had. By and large they are competent pros doing a competent enough job.....the problem is that it is so sterile. There is currently no player at the club you want to see with ball. Groves and Stainrod etc were from a different stratosphere but now we don't even have a Harkins or even the sight of Matt Smith trying to clatter into a centre half or even Sid dribbling the ball into touch at high speed..... This lot take no risks, there are no smiles on their faces, .and it is a good job they have their names on their shirts because we would not recognise them otherwise

It might not be worst time to have supported us but it is up there with the most dreary

I'm hoping Rasulo will change that, he's a flair player with silky skills. I want to see him purely as an attacker taking on defenders and shooting on sight.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This lot take no risks, there are no smiles on their faces"

Absolutely! Nail on head bunch of mard arses!

And the biggest slapped arses are in the board room. How dare those nasty fans demand the team give a :censored: and actually attack teams and actually go for the jugular and win a game. Safety first on and off the pitch. :censored: scared to have a go....instead we plod along to oblivion.

The last time I saw a team in blue go for it was the youth cup final

last season....in April. The first team maybe a ten minute spell at home to Notts county when we scored two in a minute after Carroll's brain fart....

As for rasulo BP yes there's a player but don't worry we'll drag him down to our level.

Not simply Simon Corney the whole board have had an 'annus horriblis' but unless results improve things are looking a whole lot worse for all of us in 2016.

It's such a missed opportunity 2015 with the dawn of the new stand promised to be such a great year for the club instead we're stuck in this recurring nightmare of mediocrity and have gone backwards on the field (no surprise there)

A lot of the "worst moments" pre date any involvement by SC .

The club has had unambitious Boards well before , then new blood and ambition appears . Harry Wilde taking over as Chairman is a great example. We all hope for that again and it's deeply disappointing that one if the men who, let's not forget, saved the club from extinction should now be presiding over this slough of despond.

He's in a corner - wanting to sell , needing to recoup money, probably still caring about the club....Some conflicting priorities there .

He's had some good ideas but they've been poorly executed - new stand,director and managerial appointments, - and it is time for new investment and fresh ambition. However I'm not naive enough to think that either the current owners are willing to write off millions or that there's a queue of people with money enough to invest big sums and keep us solvent.

In the meantime people like me will continue to attend not because it's necessarily enjoyable bit because it's a club we are committed to and we have the hope that history will repeat itself - and good times will come again. Late 50s, late 60s, when Moores quit were really dark times.

We are overdue good times and I understand the frustration of many ...believe me I feel it too. In the meantime I will continue to journey over for home games and get to aways when I can. It's the club I support not any individuals on or off the field, and for me that's what being a "supporter" is about

Edited by LaticsPete

Perhaps, if fans do wish to make a statement to the board about the team, home form and the direction of the club, it would be a good and positive protest to attend the youth team's next FA cup fixture against Morecambe instead of the first team's replay against Mansfield.

Just a thought...

Perhaps, if fans do wish to make a statement to the board about the team, home form and the direction of the club, it would be a good and positive protest to attend the youth team's next FA cup fixture against Morecambe instead of the first team's replay against Mansfield.

Just a thought...

protest? theres neither the fans or the :censored:ing fight in them to pull it off......prices will go up but :censored: all will change.....this club will plod on without either hitting the reset button or attracting the big bucks and we are nowhere near either

Just a thought...

In fact, that's a cracking idea - I'm going to do just that. It would be better if we could drum up enough interest to do so, but I guess that won't happen.

Say 6 or 700 that aren't thinking of going to the Mansfield game because they're fed up with the club, support our youth team instead for that FA Cup game, maybe the powers that be will notice a slight difference

In fact, that's a cracking idea - I'm going to do just that. It would be better if we could drum up enough interest to do so, but I guess that won't happen.

Say 6 or 700 that aren't thinking of going to the Mansfield game because they're fed up with the club, support our youth team instead for that FA Cup game, maybe the powers that be will notice a slight difference

If the attendance at the youth game was even half of the Mansfield fixture that would generate some awareness of protest. It's somewhere to start anyway.

You could probably get a decent number through Twitter or Facebook alone.

Objectively yes I think so. 8 away games unbeaten is competent . 4 defeats in 16 is competent ...... Having said that it is tortuous to watch and I think what I am saying is that the whole is significantly less than the sum of its parts should be?

Conversely - 2 wins in 16 league games.

Sport: "An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment"

Compete: "Strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others"

Conversely - 2 wins in 16 league games.

Sport: "An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment"

Compete: "Strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others"

I don't we think disagree particularly in fact but just for arguments sake..

Competent: "having suitable or sufficient skill or knowledge for some purpose"Being selected and paid to be a professional footballer would ipso facto suggest that they have demonstrated competence.

PS"strive to gain or win something" means something completely different than " gain or win something"

PPs I bet our colleague forum members are transfixed by our discussion of semantics.....apologies all

I say this with a heavy heart but I'm going to be truthful no matter if I get pelters...

First game late 60s, regular for 35 years and season tcket for 28ish.

I'm so, so bored it's untrue. When I look on the calender and I see its a home game on Saturday it's an "oh no" moment.

I dont know wether its Latics or me or a mix of both? I just simply dont enjoy the game.

I've no idea who the team or for that matter half of the players are from week to week. I rely on the bloke next to me to tell me who the latest loan signing is.

Away games are more fun but that may be the beer as I drive and dont drink for home games.

Been to Bury, Fleetwood and Morecambe (non Latics agmes) and enjoyed it a lot more.

I'd love to see a side of permanant players, even youngsters, who give it a right go...even if it means a struggle.

Definately my last season as a season ticket holder.

I say this with a heavy heart but I'm going to be truthful no matter if I get pelters...

First game late 60s, regular for 35 years and season tcket for 28ish.

I'm so, so bored it's untrue. When I look on the calender and I see its a home game on Saturday it's an "oh no" moment.

I dont know wether its Latics or me or a mix of both? I just simply dont enjoy the game.

I've no idea who the team or for that matter half of the players are from week to week. I rely on the bloke next to me to tell me who the latest loan signing is.

Away games are more fun but that may be the beer as I drive and dont drink for home games.

Been to Bury, Fleetwood and Morecambe (non Latics agmes) and enjoyed it a lot more.

I'd love to see a side of permanant players, even youngsters, who give it a right go...even if it means a struggle.

Definately my last season as a season ticket holder.

Pretty much where I'm at it's like a relationship where you know it he end is inevitable except the line is "it's not me, it's you...."