Acknowledgement.

You're probably correct to a degree, Twis, but I don't think the manager instils that freedom or confidence into the team either. We look insipid in general.

This isn't a new precedent. The tactics have been consistently negative, and you can see it in the way they delegate possession and invention.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the pissed up morons screaming foul mouthed abuse at the team they're supposedly there to support really think they're helping? Do they :censored:, they haven't the intelligence to suss that out. If they were that angry at the team's performances they just wouldn't go anymore. Embarrassing

I have to agree. I had the misfortune of being there on Saturday. As usual I took my boys and my niece. The abuse they had to listen to for 90 mins was unbelievable. The sad thing is that I've watch Oldham for over 30 years and seen hundreds of morons come and go, unfortunately the impact they have on the enjoyment for children and families can be huge.

I have to agree. I had the misfortune of being there on Saturday. As usual I took my boys and my niece. The abuse they had to listen to for 90 mins was unbelievable. The sad thing is that I've watch Oldham for over 30 years and seen hundreds of morons come and go, unfortunately the impact they have on the enjoyment for children and families can be huge.

Theyve 'paid their money' so if they want to blight other peoples day they feel completely within their rights.

Theyve 'paid their money' so if they want to blight other peoples day they feel completely within their rights.

I agree entirely. There is very little point arguing with them as they are usually half cut and have the intelligence of a cockroach.

They won't be here in a years time but whilst they grace us with their presence a lot of genuine supporters (rather than pissed up drama queens) will have had enough.

My youngest woke up at 3am having a nightmare on Sunday morning and it wasn't the appalling football that mentally scarred him. Although that being said for a large part of the game people were supportive and it was only the last 20 minutes that things got a bit heated.

Edited by BARNS

Having read through these comments on the thread I am generally one of the more positive supporters and people who know me would back that up.

However there are times where I get sick of it (not very often) and do have a go. Over the past 2 years I've had a go twice! At MK Dons when we got thumped albeit against a great side 7-0 because of the manner we lost the game, we lost that game by giving up and yes I hurled abuse at them as they came over at the end but the next day thought to myself:

At least they acknowledged the support that stayed until the end watching an absolute hammering and seemed to show a bit of remorse for the pathetic display (even if they felt like putting the V's up to supporters)

Onto Crewe, the second time I have joined in with the 'negative' songs AT THE END (not during the game) I did that due to the manner we got beat, not because we had lost to bottom of the league. The manner in which we were beaten was awful! and that was plain to see with the stats! 1 shot on target and that term should be used loosely may I add.

I had a go as a collective effort, from the top right through to the players.

Must admit having looked at the video it gets more toxic when it was clear they had no intention of even glancing at the supporters who had been largely supportive (especially in the section I was in) for certainly 85 minutes of the game.

Just a thought I had, if they had played so poorly but drew 0-0 or won 1-0 they would have been straight over taking the plaudits so it has to work both ways I'm afraid

Just my opinion like and people may disagree, comments and abuse doesn't help but surely frustration can be accepted after the dross we have watched for the last 9 months or so and I've only missed Gills away this season and Bradford at home during that time

Aww bless all this swearing at football matches must be a new fad.

Dear me, my first memories of going to games are of running battles outside and inside grounds seeing fans having the :censored: kicked out of them and general mayhem, is watching Oldham on a par with that now? I don't think so.

If you want the corporate feel to a match day where fans sit on there hands all game and politely applaud when a goal is scored head of down to the Emptyhad or Old Trafford they will welcome you with open arms. Part of supporting a small club in the lower leagues is the passion and the banter shared by fans, dickhead fans attend most games in the country its not something exclusive to Oldham. Its more worrying watching home games where most fans don't even give a :censored: when we go a goal down, our record away is actually much better in front of the knuckle draggers so stop making piss poor excuses for this bunch of losers to hide behind, its the team at fault not the fans.

Dear me, my first memories of going to games are of running battles outside and inside grounds seeing fans having the :censored: kicked out of them and general mayhem, is watching Oldham on a par with that now? I don't think so.

If you want the corporate feel to a match day where fans sit on there hands all game and politely applaud when a goal is scored head of down to the Emptyhad or Old Trafford they will welcome you with open arms. Part of supporting a small club in the lower leagues is the passion and the banter shared by fans, dickhead fans attend most games in the country its not something exclusive to Oldham. Its more worrying watching home games where most fans don't even give a :censored: when we go a goal down, our record away is actually much better in front of the knuckle draggers so stop making piss poor excuses for this bunch of losers to hide behind, its the team at fault not the fans.

So true. If you go to a game especially away you expect to hear that kind of language. Its funny that its ok for people to come on here and call/abuse those fans who called and abused the players on saturday.

This 1000%.....it's football ffs not Sunday mass

There's a difference between swearing at a match (which my 9 year old lad fully understands is part & parcel of going to a match) and grown men sat a few seats apart with us in the middle, threatening each other ("I'll :censored:ing knock you out you :censored:ing :censored:").

Of course these hard men don't have the balls to actually follow through with anything but, for the record, my lad (who knows we're crap but continues to follow & support the team) thinks all involved, are :censored:.

Edited by Twisbrogan

We all know that the team is completely at fault. What some of us do not appreciate is being told in an expletive filled rant every 30 seconds at matches.

Most people swear either for emphasis or in place of the knowledge of the correct grammar. The former is fine-the latter is just plain ignorant.

We all know that the team is completely at fault. What some of us do not appreciate is being told in an expletive filled rant every 30 seconds at matches.

Most people swear either for emphasis or in place of the knowledge of the correct grammar. The former is fine-the latter is just plain ignorant.

Calling Cornell a useless :censored: :censored: for getting beaten to the ball against Southend in the air is acceptable

A lot of people on here simply cannot understand the difference between passionate support and downright threatening behaviour.

Just because you're inside a football ground doesn't make it OK to shout the kind of nasty, vitriolic :censored: that was on show at the weekend. Try doing that in the high street at 3pm and see how long it is before you're being bundled into the back of a police van.

We talk about encouraging the next generation of fans then put the fear of God into them when things aren't going our way.

If watching Latics works you up that much, do everyone, including yourself, a big favour and find something else to do on a Saturday.

What about mild racism? Is that ok because, well, at least they aren't chucking bananas on the pitch like in the 80s.

Bad language is one thing, any sensible fan would expect that especially at away matches where there's no family away section. But I don't see why the sort of threatening behaviour that'd scare the :censored: out of most kids and possibly put them off going again is fine. Just because fans aren't lobbing darts at each other.

I agree to a point but that was 30 years ago and the world moves on. One of my first football memories was seeing my dad get the crap kicked out of him in the subway behind Elland Road because he was wearing an Oldham scarf. It was possibly one of the most upsetting things I have seen in my life and trust me I have seen a lot of death and misery from places I have worked over the world.

It is a fine balance between creating an atmosphere where families feel safe but at the same time has a slight edge and a lot of passion. Most teams I've visited across Europe, Asia, and South America create a very hostile atmosphere for the opposition fans without the need to threaten and intimidate their own fans!! In fact the last dozen times I've seen fighting at football matches have been Oldham fans fighting each other.

There's a difference between swearing at a match (which my 9 year old lad fully understands is part & parcel of going to a match) and grown men sat a few seats apart with us in the middle, threatening each other ("I'll :censored:ing knock you out you :censored:ing :censored:").

Of course these hard men don't have the balls to actually follow through with anything but, for the record, my lad (who knows we're crap but continues to follow & support the team) thinks all involved, are :censored:.

Presumably you were near"dog :censored:" and his mate. No excuse for their behaviour in any situation and in most they would be sectioned.

Where were the stewards? We seem to go from one extreme to another with stewarding,from sleepy Crewe stewards to aggressive security guards at Gillingham looking for a scrap with anyone that breathes.