Oldham Nil

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replace the manager, results stay the same, 20 games later, replace the manager...

Well it depends on how much we're willing to invest in a different manager. If we're just going to take another punt on a random, then there's probably not much point in getting rid of Dunn.

Hartlepool got Moore, Newport got Sheridan - both experienced managers at clubs with arguably smaller resources than we do.

Our board either don't have the nouse to appoint well or have spent every last penny they're willing to spend on the new stand (which isn't even fully open yet..) and have neglected the football side of things. Either way, it's terrible mis-management.

There has been no noticeable change in the players since Dunn took over which suggest they are stuck in the

downward spiral of lack of confidence they had under Kelly.

In these situations it is either plod on until we get that scrappy 1-0 win and then build from there or change the manager.

Dunn has had 2 wins on the bounce last month and we have gone down hill rapidly from there which only leaves the second option!!

He is just not good enough to lift the players and must be replaced before it's too late.

You can't replace 18 players , so replace the manager and his coach !!!

No noticeable change? Is that really true? Things were looking up with 2 wins on the trot and a good 2nd half recovery against Barnsley until a last minute goal means defeat, confidence drops again and 2 :censored: performances follow.

Dummigan and Wellens to come back in hopefully gives us a boost going forward. Then he's close to having a full squad to pick from for the first time. Still too early to judge for me.

We don't need to change 18 players by the way, one or two in could make a massive difference to the rest.

No noticeable change? Is that really true? Things were looking up with 2 wins on the trot and a good 2nd half recovery against Barnsley until a last minute goal means defeat, confidence drops again and 2 :censored: performances follow.

Dummigan and Wellens to come back in hopefully gives us a boost going forward. Then he's close to having a full squad to pick from for the first time. Still too early to judge for me.

We don't need to change 18 players by the way, one or two in could make a massive difference to the rest.

That what i said ,

in these situations you can carry on until you get that scrappy win - Dunn got 2 scrappy wins and hasn't been able to build on that.

Since then our performances have gone down hill to the point where we made a side that has lost 8 games on the trot look like

Barcelona for the first hour !!!!

Obviously Dunn cant lift these players and hoping that the return of 2 loanees will do is a sign of how desperate we now are.

The only loanees i would have is Dummighan / Yeates who are doing what they are supposed to be brought in for - improving an area where the team is lacking and maybe the young lad from MKD.

All the others i would send back - Fuller (waste of playershare money) Fulton (not interested in oafc)Higdon (did a job for a short while)

Wellens (past his sell by date)

Hopefully all will be released in January and we can bring in somebody decent with the money saved.

I am just praying that a fully fit Cassidy and Forte back in the side will bring about a reversal of form because nothing Dunn does will

do it.

That what i said ,

in these situations you can carry on until you get that scrappy win - Dunn got 2 scrappy wins and hasn't been able to build on that.

Since then our performances have gone down hill to the point where we made a side that has lost 8 games on the trot look like

Barcelona for the first hour !!!!

Obviously Dunn cant lift these players and hoping that the return of 2 loanees will do is a sign of how desperate we now are.

The only loanees i would have is Dummighan / Yeates who are doing what they are supposed to be brought in for - improving an area where the team is lacking and maybe the young lad from MKD.

All the others i would send back - Fuller (waste of playershare money) Fulton (not interested in oafc)Higdon (did a job for a short while)

Wellens (past his sell by date)

Hopefully all will be released in January and we can bring in somebody decent with the money saved.

I am just praying that a fully fit Cassidy and Forte back in the side will bring about a reversal of form because nothing Dunn does will

do it.

Barnsley was the very next match after the 2 wins though. 1st half we were bad, 2nd we were better and if dummigans shot had gone in instead of an inch wide then we would have had 3 wins and Southend might have been a different game. As it was, that didn't happen, Barnsley scored on the break and we were back to square one.

Yeates is our player, not a loan. As is Fuller so not sure where we're sending him back to. Wellens has had about 20 mins on the pitch but you're writing him off. Fulton - agreed. Higdon probably will go back now Cassidy is fit again. But he did a decent job and scored a few goals.

The last sentence reads like when we're :censored: it's Dunn's fault but if he has a fully fit squad and we start winning then it's the players doing well not Dunn?!

He's a couple of months into his first job. He's probably making mistakes all the time. He might yet learn from them and do well, he might not. Just don't see how some people can be so 100% sure he won't turn it around.

Barnsley was the very next match after the 2 wins though. 1st half we were bad, 2nd we were better and if dummigans shot had gone in instead of an inch wide then we would have had 3 wins and Southend might have been a different game. As it was, that didn't happen, Barnsley scored on the break and we were back to square one.

Yeates is our player, not a loan. As is Fuller so not sure where we're sending him back to. Wellens has had about 20 mins on the pitch but you're writing him off. Fulton - agreed. Higdon probably will go back now Cassidy is fit again. But he did a decent job and scored a few goals.

The last sentence reads like when we're :censored: it's Dunn's fault but if he has a fully fit squad and we start winning then it's the players doing well not Dunn?!

He's a couple of months into his first job. He's probably making mistakes all the time. He might yet learn from them and do well, he might not. Just don't see how some people can be so 100% sure he won't turn it around.

Yes we are :censored: at the moment and Dunn has to take a lot of the blame - despite a lot of it being the players fault the buck stops with him as unfortunately he is the current manager.

The point i was making is that the only light i can see at the end of the tunnel is the return of Cassidy and Forte will provide the spark the team need to get back to winning ways because i can't see Dunn doing it without them.

I sincerely hope that Dunn proves me 100% wrong and gets us into the top half of the league but so far rookie mistake or not i have seen

NOTHING in Dunn's tactical / motivational skills to suggest that under him we are heading anywhere but league 2.

Yes we are :censored: at the moment and Dunn has to take a lot of the blame - despite a lot of it being the players fault the buck stops with him as unfortunately he is the current manager.

The point i was making is that the only light i can see at the end of the tunnel is the return of Cassidy and Forte will provide the spark the team need to get back to winning ways because i can't see Dunn doing it without them.

I sincerely hope that Dunn proves me 100% wrong and gets us into the top half of the league but so far rookie mistake or not i have seen

NOTHING in Dunn's tactical / motivational skills to suggest that under him we are heading anywhere but league 2.

I think he can do something, he is able to change the game at half time, something Dickov could hardly ever do.

There have been glimpses.

The problem is he can't seem to get the players to start a match. Or do the right thing for 90 mins.

We give a transfer window and it doesn't work we are down, or do you trust someone else with that.

Who knows what the answer is.

Edited by singe

Peterborough's chairman when asked by an Oldham fan about attacking football. https://twitter.com/dmac102/status/673588274758316033

Makes me feel sick typing it, but Matt Busby at the red scum lived by an attacking philosophy, reasoning that it'd mean greater entertainment, hence higher crowds, and therefore more money to bring in better players.

Makes me feel sick typing it, but Matt Busby at the red scum lived by an attacking philosophy, reasoning that it'd mean greater entertainment, hence higher crowds, and therefore more money to bring in better players.

It's also the best form of defence, especially when you've got defenders who are best kept as far away from the ball as possible...

Deano has been back on, he is once again urging all fans to create a vile atmosphere vs Millwall.

He also hates David Dunn with a passion.

These are the same fans who would be calling him this and that if he left us with a bit of success.

I'm not a huge fan of Dunn the man, from what I've seen, heard and deduced, but this personal hate campaign against him has made me actually feel like rallying round him...

I suppose I would stuggle to name 4 players who could exploit defences with pace and speed of thought.

I remember when Jimmy Armfield was asked what what so special about Big Joe's team "they are all quick" he said.

Ritchie, Holden, Milligan, Henry, Barlow etc - Not sure there was a great deal of pace there