Just to add again that Lee Johnson has won two games at BP with Barnsley.

Holden, Kelly and Dunn have managed two home league wins between them since Johnson left.

So including the 2 wins with us in January and February, LJ won double the amount of games at BP in approx. 2 months that Holden, Kelly and Dunn won in 10 months.

That's depressing.

Ched Evans, LJ leaving, Holden appointed, Kelly appointed, New stand not finished, Dunn appointed, 2nd from bottom, 6 league wins all calendar year, Philliskirk now apparently our star player, New stand still not finished.

The real depressing thing is that before it gets better, it's gonna get worse.

Ched Evans, LJ leaving, Holden appointed, Kelly appointed, New stand not finished, Dunn appointed, 2nd from bottom, 6 league wins all calendar year, Philliskirk now apparently our star player, New stand still not finished.

The real depressing thing is that before it gets better, it's gonna get worse.

Somebody should put those words and more to Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start The Fire".

That Notts County thread is fascinating. How things have gone from being that positive to this negative within the space of a year is hard to take.

And it is by an large the same team as now.

Decent manager, GK and CB and we could climb away from the relegation spots.

Highlight for me was "GK apologising for lack of a shout.."

Edited by singe

Imagine we didn't have our good start to the year.

7 of those wins came Jan-Mar.

Everybody still blaming Dunn then?

Of course they are.

Not saying he's the saviour at all but the problems at the club started long before he arrived, perhaps Johnson saw it coming? This group of players are individually having poor seasons by their own standards and as a result are not good enough collectively for this league. The balance and chemistry is not working, some out and some in during January may just improve things though.

Of course they are.

Not saying he's the saviour at all but the problems at the club started long before he arrived, perhaps Johnson saw it coming? This group of players are individually having poor seasons by their own standards and as a result are not good enough collectively for this league. The balance and chemistry is not working, some out and some in during January may just improve things though.

Can you name a player who has improved under Dunn/Holden/Browns coaching? Its a struggle, the fact so many of an average squad have regressed so badly is even more of a concern.

Probably not but I can see a lot of players being played in the same positions but not meeting their earlier standards this year, that has occurred under Johnson through to Holden, to Kelly and now Dunn. The players can take much of the blame for our current predicament followed by the manager(s) and the board.

Edited by Stainrod

Can you name a player who has improved under Dunn/Holden/Browns coaching? Its a struggle, the fact so many of an average squad have regressed so badly is even more of a concern.

Regressed since September? We've been :censored:e for 13 months.

Probably not but I can see a lot of players being played in the same positions but not meeting their earlier standards this year, that has occurred under Johnson through to Holden, to Kelly and now Dunn. The players can take much of the blame for our current predicament followed by the manager(s) and the board.

What I don't get is if they aren't happy with the coaching how does that explain the attitude? Liam Kelly plays with the right attitude, if he doesn't like Dunn then he's going about things the right way - commitment and effort and what's happened? Interest from a team with much better prospects.

The rest of them will go on to have careers mid table league one at absolute best. Most probably much lower. I agree with you, I just don't buy that a new manager will come in and suddenly make them consistently produce the form they showed for a few weeks 15 months ago.

The players and the manager can take an equal share of the blame in my eyes, but changing the manager is the thing that's most likely to make a difference for the rest of the season.

The board should take most of the blame for this year though.

About the time Holden joined!!!!!

I'm undecided on this. It does tie in, but are we saying he has so much secret influence on the team that managers can get the sack and yet he still stays on in his job?

There's a collective blame to be taken. Personally I don't think it's as simple as Dunn leaving + new manager = success with this team.

If we're going to be fair to Dunn he needs to be given the chance to bring in the sort of ambitious, mentally tough players we need. In the few live games I've seen we've had spells of decent football, just missing solidity at the back and confidence going forward.

Of course they are.

I don't think anyone is blaming just Dunn, but he is reponsibile for the results since mid September and despite claiming he could turn it round before Joe Royle.

I'm undecided on this. It does tie in, but are we saying he has so much secret influence on the team that managers can get the sack and yet he still stays on in his job?

There's a collective blame to be taken. Personally I don't think it's as simple as Dunn leaving + new manager = success with this team.

If we're going to be fair to Dunn he needs to be given the chance to bring in the sort of ambitious, mentally tough players we need. In the few live games I've seen we've had spells of decent football, just missing solidity at the back and confidence going forward.

THis for me. We've had 4 managers in that time.

Except, Dunn leaving, I think we need an experienced manager, if only because our position is so perilous. I went to Gillingham, I saw the way the players can play for him, I think long term he has a case. I just think time is fast running out and we can't get enough players to save us. And a decent manager would be able to get this lot playing enough to be in a better position we are in, giving a longer time to sort the root of the problems.

Look at Johnson (whom I loathe) he came in and lifted the players, and saved us from relegation. That is the sign of a manager with potential.

The players and the manager can take an equal share of the blame in my eyes, but changing the manager is the thing that's most likely to make a difference for the rest of the season.

It really isn't though... Its just easy than replacing the whole squad and makes everyone feel like they did something....

The reality is you get another inexperienced manager in looking for a break working with zero resources and the same bunch of players.

Why don't we just back Dunn and give him some time....

It really isn't though... Its just easy than replacing the whole squad and makes everyone feel like they did something....

The reality is you get another inexperienced manager in looking for a break working with zero resources and the same bunch of players.

Why don't we just back Dunn and give him some time....

Because we will be relegated.