Liam Kelly

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is starting to worry me now is that these players are attracting interest from others because they aren't as bad as many have made out...again, we were in a playoff chase in Feb this year. Now that their values have dropped along with their performances we are easy pickings. IF our manager is causing these players to under-perform massively (as is suspected)..we are going to lose quality in the side that another manager could work well with.

This...its obvious many of our players are good enough. Too many out of position and / or playing a style that doesn't suit.

Philliskirk...played all over

Jones...in and out played in multiple spots

Winchester....regressed massively

Murphy...started to look like a striker and then shipped out

Yeates...plays well then dropped

Mills...in and out

Dieng...full back, midfield, center back

Coleman..one mistake and pulled out leaving cornell to mess up again and again

Probably more but we've messed about too much all season rather than just keeping it simple.

No way we should be in bottok 3

By that presumably you mean only the comments that in your eyes back up your view that he's a :censored:?

Don't think I'm the only one now do you, I have been consistent though I knew he was a :censored: from day one.

If thats how he wants to talk about a guy who scored and contributed to our best attacking performance at home this season then we are well and truly :censored:ed, its a shame Dunn himself hasn't been as good as okay since he as had the job, for a bloke whose bottom of the class in the management stakes he has a bad habit of calling others :censored:.

Don't think I'm the only one now do you, I have been consistent though I knew he was a :censored: from day one.

If thats how he wants to talk about a guy who scored and contributed to our best attacking performance at home this season then we are well and truly :censored:ed, its a shame Dunn himself hasn't been as good as okay since he as had the job, for a bloke whose bottom of the class in the management stakes he has a bad habit of calling others :censored:.

Maybe he feels he contributed badly towards their 2nd goal (as did many others) and that when bearing down on goal in the first half, he inexplicably chose to pass the ball and :censored: it all up rather than just shoot for goal.

“He’s come back and is very confident at the minute and scoring goals so I thought he deserved his chance to play,” the manager admitted.
“He hasn’t been used to playing with us for the past couple of months but I thought he did quite well today.”
Seems a little bit removed from calling someone :censored: that pal...

Maybe he feels he contributed badly towards their 2nd goal (as did many others) and that when bearing down on goal in the first half, he inexplicably chose to pass the ball and :censored: it all up rather than just shoot for goal.

He got no help from anyone with that ball for 2nd. Looking back he probably should have put out of play. He passed because it wasn't a good angle and it was a perfect pass that Philliskirk should have hit first time but took an awful touch. Nothing wrong with him passing to someone in a better position

He got no help from anyone with that ball for 2nd. Looking back he probably should have put out of play. He passed because it wasn't a good angle and it was a perfect pass that Philliskirk should have hit first time but took an awful touch. Nothing wrong with him passing to someone in a better position

He was in the same spot as where the lad for Sheff Utd scored from. He could've shot and if the keeper spills it, DP is perfect to follow up and capitalise (which is why DP probably never expected the pass and took an awful touch). He didn't need any help for their 2nd goal as you rightly said...you just stick the ball out. You help yourself. But then Kelly should've closed down the man before he crossed it, Cornell should've caught/punched it away, Eckersley blocked it and James Wilson not stood there playing "heads, shoulders, knees and toes" as it trickled over the line. But Murphy should have stuck either the ball or the man into row Z!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Rhys scored and his performance was okay is how I read it, what a motivator this man is.

What exactly did he say in person to Murphy though?

I'm not sure Murphy will be checking the website or Chron to read about it..

It's what's said the changing room and like the rest of us you don't know so again you are making judgements based on disliking Dunn rather than facts

Edited by palmer1

From a pure playing point of view I wouldn't be against a sale, there are plenty of Liam Kelly's out there.

Not sure I like the message it would send out though, that could be terminal.

If there are plenty of Liam Kelly's then why do Wigan specifically want ours?

What is starting to worry me now is that these players are attracting interest from others because they aren't as bad as many have made out...again, we were in a playoff chase in Feb this year. Now that their values have dropped along with their performances we are easy pickings. IF our manager is causing these players to under-perform massively (as is suspected)..we are going to lose quality in the side that another manager could work well with. Worst still...the manager causing them to under-perform will then be getting in his own, possibly less quality players to replace them....we really are now at a massive junction IMO. Whether players come and go before Saturday...for me, it's 3pts or Dunn has to go before not only are we that far from safety but we've sold off any of the players that could get us out of this.

This is it.

Clearly Dunn wants his own in, as any manager would.

But few get the chance for a completely new team. you have to get some already on the payroll performinng.

And you don't sell the family silver without decent replacements. And it looks like we are going to sell before we buy.

If Meppen the Weapon is the answer, we are doomed to the question is "Is Dunn up to the job of saving us".

Edited by singe

They think he could enhance their squad presumably.

There are not plenty of Liam Kelly's out there. There are however plenty of Wesolowskis out there. Masive massive difference. Don't want to get into that again *slowly backs out of thread*

There are not plenty of Liam Kelly's out there. There are however plenty of Wesolowskis out there. Masive massive difference. Don't want to get into that again *slowly backs out of thread*

You're correct. Kelly is better than Wes - he is more assured on the ball and he is a greater leader of men.

It may be a misjudgement to assume we need an entirely new defence - Dummigan, Dieng, Mills and Wilson would all suffice if led by a confident keeper and a tough centre back. An overhaul may be just as disastrous as no change at all, as much as I have faith in the recruitment of Dunn. Kelly is a leader and we are desperate for his type. He is not expendable for that reason.

Edited by NewBlue

You're correct. Kelly is better than Wes - he is more assured on the ball and he is a greater leader of men.

It may be a misjudgement to assume we need an entirely new defence - Dummigan, Dieng, Mills and Wilson would all suffice if led by a confident keeper and a tough centre back. An overhaul may be just as disastrous as no change at all, as much as I have faith in the recruitment of Dunn. Kelly is a leader and we are desperate for his type. He is not expendable for that reason.

Not sure I've seen much evidence of that, visually anyway.

Just out of interest, what are you basing this faith on?

Posted similar on another thread, but generally I've been impressed by his recruitment so far in difficult circumstances.

Only Fuller - 1 out of 8 - has been a disaster, which is a far better ratio than most other recent managers. Given more time to assess our weaknesses and identify players I reckon he'll prove shrewd.

Posted similar on another thread, but generally I've been impressed by his recruitment so far in difficult circumstances.

Only Fuller - 1 out of 8 - has been a disaster, which is a far better ratio than most other recent managers. Given more time to assess our weaknesses and identify players I reckon he'll prove shrewd.

So to follow your opinion you have generally been impressed by recruitment so far in difficult circumstances & 7 out of 8 signings have been a success, makes it even more alarming their has been no up turn in results which is very very very worrying indeed.

Fulton was garbage. But for the Southend game, Higdon would've been classed as a mistake (he was very hit and miss.) Dummigan...jury is still out for me. Rasulo can't even get on the pitch. Wellens is a past top player but most think he's a mistake to bring back (jury out for me.) Eckersley started slowly but he improved but now going to be out injured. Fuller...you've already assessed. Lafferty? Again, can't judge him off what we've seen (altho he was crap at Rochdale) and gone back anyway.

Have his sticking plasters worked? Have they improved us? Nope. Not at all. Not saying they won't given time but unfortunately. we are fast running out of time. And this squad of players that have shown they are capable of much more hasn't been improved on either through his management skills. For me...fail to win on Saturday and he doesn't get to play in the market. It's as simple as that. And he has to find solutions not continual sticking plasters.

Edited by boundaryblue80

So to follow your opinion you have generally been impressed by recruitment so far in difficult circumstances & 7 out of 8 signings have been a success, makes it even more alarming their has been no up turn in results which is very very very worrying indeed.

I'd rank 3 as successful, 2 as average and 2 as unknown but look decent acquisitions.

All said and done though, we don't have a leader at the back, and that is pivotal, as are management skills, which I don't know whether Dunn possesses or not. But in terms of recruitment, I think we'll do alright.