Liam Kelly

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulton was garbage. But for the Southend game, Higdon would've been classed as a mistake (he was very hit and miss.) Dummigan...jury is still out for me. Rasulo can't even get on the pitch. Wellens is a past top player but most think he's a mistake to bring back (jury out for me.) Eckersley started slowly but he improved but now going to be out injured. Fuller...you've already assessed. Lafferty? Again, can't judge him off what we've seen (altho he was crap at Rochdale) and gone back anyway.

Have his sticking plasters worked? Have they improved us? Nope. Not at all. Not saying they won't given time but unfortunately. we are fast running out of time. And this squad of players that have shown they are capable of much more hasn't been improved on either through his management skills. For me...fail to win on Saturday and he doesn't get to play in the market. It's as simple as that. And he has to find solutions not continual sticking plasters.

Very harsh.

Fulton was clearly a decent player, but had no bottle, Higdon was good, Dummigan excellent, Rasulo clearly a good player and won us the Chesterfield game - no idea what has happened since - Wellens we don't know yet, but on the face of it he's a very adequate back-up in centre-mid, Eckersley average, Fuller :censored:e, Lafferty excellent.

You are acting like he's had all summer to recruit these; he has brought them in on a weeks notice in most cases, and for more than half to have been adequate is very respectable, in my opinion. These are loanees. Your expectations far exceed reality, especially when given the history we have in the loan market is generally gash.

They have improved particular positions greatly. Dummigan, Lafferty and Higdon especially have been welcome relief to some truly :censored:e existing players. As a team we have not improved, and I'm not going to defend his management skills, but individually he has made us better, which I think is justification for rating his recruitment skills.

Very harsh.

Fulton was clearly a decent player, but had no bottle, Higdon was good, Dummigan excellent, Rasulo clearly a good player and won us the Chesterfield game - no idea what has happened since - Wellens we don't know yet, but on the face of it he's a very adequate back-up in centre-mid, Eckersley average, Fuller :censored:e, Lafferty excellent.

You are acting like he's had all summer to recruit these; he has brought them in on a weeks notice in most cases, and for more than half to have been adequate is very respectable, in my opinion. These are loanees. Your expectations far exceed reality, especially when given the history we have in the loan market is generally gash.

They have improved particular positions greatly. Dummigan, Lafferty and Higdon especially have been welcome relief to some truly :censored:e existing players. As a team we have not improved, and I'm not going to defend his management skills, but individually he has made us better, which I think is justification for rating his recruitment skills.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. The sum of all parts is that we are going nowhere fast with his man management of the existing players and his sticking plaster recruits. Before Coventry, I asked for an improvement and results over the 4 games up to and including Colchester. He has been robbed of the Blackpool game however what I saw for the majority of the Coventry game was not an improvement. Monday was a little bit improved but no points. Colchester is so massive...it is last chance saloon for me. Win or bust.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Anyone classing 7/8 signings of dunns as a success is clearly watching a diffrent game.

We are toss.

We will sell Liam Kelly and probs Philly too.

We will replace with loans again amd maybe get a freebie defender.

The tactics will remain the same.

The excuses will continue except IF he gets the transfer window he can say needs time to gel.

I am fully expecting relegation under this nob head.

We should get rid but for me club are afraid to hold hands up amd admit they have made yet another mistake.

David Dulls taking us to league 2.

I will we amazed if we win another 4 games this season if am honest.

Anyone classing 7/8 signings of dunns as a success is clearly watching a diffrent game.

We are toss.

We will sell Liam Kelly and probs Philly too.

We will replace with loans again amd maybe get a freebie defender.

The tactics will remain the same.

The excuses will continue except IF he gets the transfer window he can say needs time to gel.

I am fully expecting relegation under this nob head.

We should get rid but for me club are afraid to hold hands up amd admit they have made yet another mistake.

David Dulls taking us to league 2.

I will we amazed if we win another 4 games this season if am honest.

He actually said 1 out of 8 was a disaster. Someone else then wrongly assumed he said 7/8 were a success. Which he didn't. Clearly.

Rhys scored and his performance was okay is how I read it, what a motivator this man is.

It depends what he wanted from him. If you analysed his performance very critically he missed 3 really good chances, was beaten too easily for their 2nd but did score a tap in.

If I was talking about Cassidy there he'd probably be getting stick from some.

Is anybody else getting bored by the constant Dunn bashing, the same twenty or so posters have said the same about Kelly, Holden, Johnson and Dickov. It's really tedious from people who probably think they reflect 3000 Latics fans. Not a happy clapper but come on, this team needs more support than any team in our recent history, we are more likely to go down than any previous squad in the last 20 years but can still make it with a bit of backing and positivity. Great to hear the team getting clapped off at the weekend. Let's stick with it as we always do.

Edited by Stainrod

stainrod....just go have a look at the should david dunn be sacked thread. 75% of voters and its alot more than 20 have said yes.

The team get clapped off when the majority of fans see effort I was not in attendence at donny but the impresion i get is their was effort from players just tactically got ot wrong and individual mistakes costing us.

On the flip side crew away the team got some boo's and a chant of what the :censored:in hell was that again by alot more than 20fans or posters on here.

For a lot of us its off field issues over the last 12 months that have lead to us being where we are now. Iys frustration but i am certain 99% go games wanting us to win. Imo dunn is well out of his depth.

1. Liam Kelly is the most influential player in our team. He is the engine. Consistently when he is injured we have not performed as well. He sometimes makes mistakes because he has to cover so much ground. Without a replacement as good or better things can only get worse.

2. If you hold the foolish belief that any money received will be spent on bringing players in you live in cloud cuckoo land. The money is destined for the North Stand which will in retrospect be seen as the reason why we were relegated.

3. The test of any manager is if he can improve performance with the same group of players. Our performances have gone worse. The test of a managers ability in the transfer/loan market is if he can improve the performance of the team. Our performances have gone worse.

'1' is my opinion supported by fact, '2' is conjecture and '3' sadly is fact.

Edited by Hands on

Is anybody else getting bored by the constant Dunn bashing, the same twenty or so posters have said the same about Kelly, Holden, Johnson and Dickov. It's really tedious from people who probably think they reflect 3000 Latics fans. Not a happy clapper but come on, this team needs more support than any team in our recent history, we are more likely to go down than any previous squad in the last 20 years but can still make it with a bit of backing and positivity. Great to hear the team getting clapped off at the weekend. Let's stick with it as we always do.

Acting devil's advocate, the majority didn't clap them off on Saturday, simply walked off without acknowledgement.

That is still a significant improvement from Crewe and other results, we rescued some pride on Monday, but I've been surprised by how many usually level-headed supporters have shown their dismay at the current set-up, including Dunn himself. Probably because they know this group are better than this.

Only wins will get fans behind the team. Getting to the point where anything less isn't good enough.

I haven't slated Johnson or Dickov they both git my full support, and I said Kelly needed more time. Dunn, in my humble opinion, is a massive :censored:ing clueless idiot and should be sacked

It's not really tedious is it... We're dreadful and he's the manager. It's hardly a knee-jerk reaction.

Most people want him sacked.

I haven't slated Johnson or Dickov they both git my full support, and I said Kelly needed more time. Dunn, in my humble opinion, is a massive :censored:ing clueless idiot and should be sacked

This is what I'm getting at. Fans who are able to make judgements like this based on 90 minutes football every two or three weeks against someone who has been involved in the game all his life, played at the very top of the game and has the benefit of seeing these players every day in training plus has experienced working for a number of top club managers himself. Put like that?

Edited by Stainrod

See how we get on if we go along with the minority who feels he deserves more time...

Regardless of the bigger picture, even if we don't make another signing and lose our best players, he's not going to make a fight of it.

I'm in the minority then, he's said he will bring in the players he wants in January. Football fortunes can change quickly so I'm hoping he can produce the goods.

This is what I'm getting at. Fans who are able to make judgements like this based on 90 minutes football every two or three weeks against someone who has been involved in the game all his life, played at the very top of the game and has the benefit of seeing these players every day in training plus has experienced working for a number of top club managers himself. Put like that?

Fans up and down the country and around the world do exactly the same - do the Real Madrid fans know more about the inner workings of the game than Rafa Benitez - do United fans know more about the game than Van Gaal, did Liverpool fans know more than Rodgers??? No of course they didn't and don't but they are entitled to their views and express them the same way we do its how it's always worked.

I did not slate or call for the heads of any of the managers you mention - but Dunn was and is a mistake and yes I believe he should be relieved of his duties sooner than later

See how we get on if we go along with the minority who feels he deserves more time...

Regardless of the bigger picture, even if we don't make another signing and lose our best players, he's not going to make a fight of it.

You can sack him, but all the evidence points to the next cab off the rank being similar, recently retired and inexperienced.

It will still be the same core of players who have not been winning many games for a year.

Also speaking from within the minority; I really don't know what people expect to happen after we sacked him. Other than a new rookie manager with a lower profile and greener horns than the one we have now.

As bad as it sounds, I would be willing to take the risk and potentially end up with someone like Johnson who changed things around completely at the end of the season he came in - if we get another poor manager, he will only do what Dunn will and relegate us anyway. I just cannot see Dunn changing this around whatsoever, whereas at least there is the possibility of a new manager doing so.

Every team who has built a new stadium with the exception of Arsenal has been relegated. For new stadium read North Stand.

I have some sympathy therefore with the problems we are experiencing and I think staying up would be a commendable achievement and a credit to the club.......IF.....

As bad as it sounds, I would be willing to take the risk and potentially end up with someone like Johnson who changed things around completely at the end of the season he came in - if we get another poor manager, he will only do what Dunn will and relegate us anyway. I just cannot see Dunn changing this around whatsoever, whereas at least there is the possibility of a new manager doing so.

It took Johnson two seasons to turn us (briefly) into a decent side.