Liam Kelly

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so it begins....

First rule of transfer window club?

Believe everything posted on OWTBs & predict doom!

When it is reported on by Matt Chambers then it usually has substance to it. Rather than the usual made up :censored:e by some sad bastard using #oafc on Twitter.

Not the same this...Furman went off playing in the African Nations Cup for a month and in the meantime was engineering his way out of the club. At least we will get a fee for Kelly if it happens.

Furman was missing games through international duty. He was one more yellow card away from a ban.

So Lee Johnson and Simon Corney engineered a loan to contract deal amid interest from Doncaster, and we used the money from the saved wages to get Korey Smith on loan.

Edited by IceStationLatic

He's a valuable player to us, don't you think?

Off course, at this moment in time he is our most valuable.

I'm only going to worry when he doesn't line up against Colchester on Saturday

Clubs would be stupid not to be interested in him, he is a quality player.

We can't sell its a sign of giving up, it will condemn us blah blah blah

On the other hand if the offer is right we sell! We always do no matter where we are in the league as we are a selling club. It doesn't mean people have given up it could just mean we can finish the stand pay the players on time & bring in 4 or 5 more without having to sell 4 or 5.

A luxury? Shudder to think how many goals we'd have conceded if he wasn't there.

There is absolutely no way Wellens could cover the same ground Kelly does. Getting rid of your influential captain would somehow make these bunch of twats underperform even worse.

Philliskirk, and practically the rest of this massive squad is expendable. Kelly is not.

Surely by releasing a few of these players we'd have freed up enough money to bring in the required players - a centre back and a goalkeeper.

I do think that his influence is somewhat limited.

The players are capable, yet are not performing. There are other factors, not least the manager, but as Captain, he should be able to lift the players more than they currently.

Obviosuly, he is still the most committed, valuable and best player we have.

Furman was missing games through international duty. He was one more yellow card away from a ban.

So Lee Johnson and Simon Corney engineered a loan to contract deal amid interest from Doncaster, and we used the money from the saved wages to get Korey Smith on loan.

We got the better end of the deal in that case but I don't recall it being the club forcing the issue on this one but his agent. Either way, I didn't like how he left. Kelly on the other hand...we knew of interest in the summer and have probably held onto him longer than expected. I wouldn't be upset at seeing him go...yes, I would rather keep him but at times he causes us as many problems as he does helps the side. He's been at fault for losing the ball/not dealing with it a few times that has led to goals and his passing is shocking at times. Then there's his ability to foul constantly and moan at the refs. On Monday, he didn't get a blatant free kick on the end of the box purely coz he had spent 5 minutes moaning at the ref about a different free kick that he didn't get awarded. Maybe he can be guilty of trying too hard sometimes. Either way...as a captain, he's not cutting it and if there's money on the table it is worth taking. I'd had Mike Jones the armband then as I think he would be better suited to it.

In what DD would describe as "paper talk", Matt Chambers says there is the prospect of an imminent bid from Crawley for Rhys Murphy........ the League Two club is thought to be mulling over a cash offer.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/95926/waiting-game

Like his quote at the end Rhys did ok we go again. I wonder what he thinks of Cassidys performance

On one hand he's by far our best player and on occasions can single-handedly carry this team..

On the other, he's a luxury we can't afford and his sale could generate funds for positions we desperately need to improve. Plus we have other CMs to fill his role (Jones, Wellens).

Wellens isn't our player.

In what DD would describe as "paper talk", Matt Chambers says there is the prospect of an imminent bid from Crawley for Rhys Murphy........ the League Two club is thought to be mulling over a cash offer.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/95926/waiting-game

Was told on Monday that they have definitely made a bid for him. Hopefully after his goal we have gone back for more :wink:

What is starting to worry me now is that these players are attracting interest from others because they aren't as bad as many have made out...again, we were in a playoff chase in Feb this year. Now that their values have dropped along with their performances we are easy pickings. IF our manager is causing these players to under-perform massively (as is suspected)..we are going to lose quality in the side that another manager could work well with. Worst still...the manager causing them to under-perform will then be getting in his own, possibly less quality players to replace them....we really are now at a massive junction IMO. Whether players come and go before Saturday...for me, it's 3pts or Dunn has to go before not only are we that far from safety but we've sold off any of the players that could get us out of this.

Edited by boundaryblue80