Shez's Strengths and weaknesses

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We certainly have a keeper, I hope whoever gets the gig sticks with Coleman, tons of ability, and by playing will only get better.

As much as I like to see the kids get a chance, he can't be learning on the job here. Fine margins staying up, and he's been dropped once already this season.

I certainly wouldn't be averse to a loanee in that position. It ranks along with a centre-back as the two most necessary additions.

the players better call him gaffer or boss this time around, none of this Shez bollocks!

hes not your team mate or friend hes your boss!

Think the last time he was here he went from player, to reserve team coach, then to manager so was probably still seen as "one of the lads" to a lot of the players. This time he will be the boss from day one as no one in the squad will have been part of that original circle

Think the last time he was here he went from player, to reserve team coach, then to manager so was probably still seen as "one of the lads" to a lot of the players. This time he will be the boss from day one as no one in the squad will have been part of that original circle

From the first team squad I can only think of Winchester and possibly Coleman being at the club at the same time Shez was manager?

Wow some miserable boogers on here and twitter. Reality check is Gaurdiola didn't fancy it. For those saying not the man they wanted. NONE say who they wanted. Says it all really if you cant give Sheridan a chance who can you at this point. Dunn was no better than Kelly in cold light of day results wise. Nice bloke I am told but his appointment a farce. His words damaging.

Shez must have had a say on Wellens, same with Philly. the lack of words from Dunn after game tells you he knew last week he was gone with a defeat to Millwall. The clear out of all management the correct thing after Holdens ridiculous "improving" interview.

Obviously hope we escape but at least someone who has retained a positive contact with Corney and even if down the experience to cope with realities.

Strengths its Shez

Weakness its Shez - blunt but need that now.

I would have preferred to continue down the young and hungry route as we had been doing, more than happy for someone to see us as a stepping stone as long as they add value whilst doing so a la Johnson.

Would Sheridan have got any other job in our league? I think not.

On the plus side he knows the fans have got his back which gives him a base to build from.

I would have preferred to continue down the young and hungry route as we had been doing, more than happy for someone to see us as a stepping stone as long as they add value whilst doing so a la Johnson.

Would Sheridan have got any other job in our league? I think not.

On the plus side he knows the fans have got his back which gives him a base to build from.

So Johnson added value, yet you have such a low opinion of this bunch of players - how does that work?

The young and hungry route has taken us nowhere but downward. I don't know if this is bait, but you can't seriously prefer and unknown punt to Shez, with our record with rookies...

So Johnson added value, yet you have such a low opinion of this bunch of players - how does that work?

The young and hungry route has taken us nowhere but downward. I don't know if this is bait, but you can't seriously prefer and unknown punt to Shez, with our record with rookies...

Young and hungry Johnson took us on leaps and bounds from young and hungry Dickov.

But, this is now the right kind of manager and it's a club legend into the bargain...

Whether it proves successful or not we'll see but this is less of a gamble than, eg, a Mark Cooper in my eyes.

Credit to Corney for doing something that makes perfect sense for once when that's exactly what's needed....

Young and hungry took us to Anfield and Goodison Park and 5th in the league...

I didn't care much for the Johnson soundbites but always said he did a decent job, improved players, bought a few gems and for a short time last year had us thinking we could go anywhere and win - it only went tits up when he took his eye off the ball.

Jim Bentley would have been my choice but I want nothing more than for Shez to do well.