On to Bury at home (23/1/16)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little surprised by the anti-Bury sentiment.

Yes there are some idiots that are attached to all clubs, and Bury are no different. But they are a local team, trying to survive in the contested football area of the north west in the shadow of the PL giants.

They have been run badly, and gambled on trying to get promotion unsustainably.

Sound familiar? I recall the buckets outside Gigg Lane a few years back, and I remember the crassness of Latics fans chanting "We've got loads of money" and waving notes in the air towards. Wonder what some of their fans thought when shortly afterwards we were plunged into financial chaos - probably similar to some of the comments on this thread.

Remember how it felt in the aftermath of Moore and that I wouldn't wish that on any club. Supporters have no real control in how well or badly a club is run, and for the most part they are a good group of people who follow the same slightly demented path of following their local team through thin, and very thin.

I wish them all the best, but for the 90 minutes on Saturday.

I'm not generally one to follow the Latics away from home but I did go to the Bury game when they were in need of support and indeed contributed to the bucket collection outside the ground and in all truth would probably do so again in the optimistic hope that genuine football supporters would do the same if the roles were reversed.

As with the previous comment, I wish every football team the best - except for the 90 minutes they share the pitch with my beloved Latics.

Bucket wankers.

Says it all when they've tom pope sat on the bench.

I'd love it if they went pop after this seasons spending way beyond their means.end up with the bin dippers from birkenhead

Why do people feel sorry for the fans. They laugh at Bolton and loved every signing they made knowing full well they can't sustain it

Edited by Rocky_Latic

We've still no idea how this will pan out for them. They may well just get through this by selling a couple of players & pay off their debts having already amassed enough points to only need a point a game to survive the drop. I was poking around their forum when they were on their summer spree. Given their recent financial history, there were very few dissenting voices. They ere positively giddy.

Quite a few Bury fans have been VERY concerned about things from the very start, but realistically, what are we supposed to do about it?

Believe me when I say we've not all been laughing like maniacs whilst furiously rowing the Shakers canoe towards the rapids!

Most people are fearful of another financial meltdown and just want the club on an even keel, a bit like Dunphy does at 'dale if I dare say that.

I still suspect ( or maybe hope! ) that John Whittaker may be lurking in the shadows providing backing ... who knows?

As for Bolton -yes, those of us of a certain age have no time at all for them and perhaps do laugh at them, but that's as far as it goes.

No right minded person wants to see any club, even a local rival, go to the wall Shirley?

Quite a few Bury fans have been VERY concerned about things from the very start, but realistically, what are we supposed to do about it?

Believe me when I say we've not all been laughing like maniacs whilst furiously rowing the Shakers canoe towards the rapids!

Most people are fearful of another financial meltdown and just want the club on an even keel, a bit like Dunphy does at 'dale if I dare say that.

I still suspect ( or maybe hope! ) that John Whittaker may be lurking in the shadows providing backing ... who knows?

As for Bolton -yes, those of us of a certain age have no time at all for them and perhaps do laugh at them, but that's as far as it goes.

No right minded person wants to see any club, even a local rival, go to the wall Shirley?

4 CCJs, 1 high court writ & 1 winding up petition since the end of last season. With all that information in the public domain, I'd have expected someone with too much time on their hands to wonder where it was going to end rather than just hope it was just some accounting anomoly that a mystery backer would fix.

Bucket wankers.

Says it all when they've tom pope sat on the bench.

I'd love it if they went pop after this seasons spending way beyond their means.end up with the bin dippers from birkenhead

Why do people feel sorry for the fans. They laugh at Bolton and loved every signing they made knowing full well they can't sustain it

Shouldn't judge any clubs fans by a minority of loud mouths, most fans are fine at all clubs.

Not one for bigging games up too much but Saturday is a large one now, a win for us pulls them into the picture at the bottom.

Excuse the cliche, every home game is a cup final from now on.

We won't stay up without a massive turn around in home form. That starts Saturday and continues every home game afterwards.

Next 3 games are absolutely crucial...

Bury H

Shrews A

B'pool H

An absolute minimum 7 points needed but have to take maximum points off Shrews and Blackpool simply because they're also in the mix.

We need to start winning football matches and if we were to lose a couple of these I reckon we'd be well and truly fu****!!!

Next 3 games are absolutely crucial...

Bury H

Shrews A

B'pool H

An absolute minimum 7 points needed but have to take maximum points off Shrews and Blackpool simply because they're also in the mix.

We need to start winning football matches and if we were to lose a couple of these I reckon we'd be well and truly fu****!!!

This is what worries me. Fail to get even 6 points from these 3 games and we may as well prepare for life in league 2