Rumour season again

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard yesterday that next season the main stand upper will be closed........time will tell.

If so that's another few hundred fans lost who won't want to get rained on in the new stand or go behind the goal, the lower main stand is an option, but you need to be in the right spot there to avoid the rain too.

BTW I noticed there were no directors in the main stand yesterday, have they abandoned it already?.

I wonder if we are heading for a 3 stand ground again?

Edited by BP1960

If so that's another few hundred fans lost who won't want to get rained on in the new stand or go behind the goal, the lower main stand is an option, but you need to be in the right spot there to avoid the rain too.

BTW I noticed there were no directors in the main stand yesterday, have they abandoned it already?.

I wonder if we are heading for a 3 stand ground again?

I quite enjoyed my first experience in the new stand. Infinitely better than the upper main slum.

Come on BP, a change is good now and then.

Exeter at home on a cold Tuesday in January...can't wait.....

Guest nonaenever

I suppose basically, pure economic sense. Even yesterday, with a few more there, the ground looks pitifully empty - which also affects the chances of a good atmosphere. Bury made quite a racket - we were quiet (except the odd bit of noise from the new stand nearest Chaddy). Athleticos are great BUT you honestly can't hear them (and I was sat RRE end of Main Stand). Put the Athleticos in the new stand nearest the Chaddy End - guaranteed atmosphere. I know shutting Main Stand upper will naff off some people but it takes an awful lot of people to staff it - and everyone could comfortably go in the new stand/RRE - saves money AND improves atmosphere. Seems sensible to me.

I can assure you that #1 Athleticos won't be let into new new stand #2 the atmosphere will be terrible with a full empty side, just like it was for years #3 aside from the leg room, the Main Stand is by a distance the best vantage point to watch a game of football from #4 without the Athleticos in the RRE that would look just as pitifully empty

I'm front row of the upper and imo I've got one of the best seats in the house. No posts. Decent height from pitch level, fairly central, always dry no matter what the weather, no sun in eyes. No matter where you move me to it would be a down grade (viewing wise) and I include the new stand in that.

I'd still go but it would be with a heavy heart I leave the main stand behind.

Edited by philliggi

I suppose basically, pure economic sense. Even yesterday, with a few more there, the ground looks pitifully empty - which also affects the chances of a good atmosphere. Bury made quite a racket - we were quiet (except the odd bit of noise from the new stand nearest Chaddy). Athleticos are great BUT you honestly can't hear them (and I was sat RRE end of Main Stand). Put the Athleticos in the new stand nearest the Chaddy End - guaranteed atmosphere. I know shutting Main Stand upper will naff off some people but it takes an awful lot of people to staff it - and everyone could comfortably go in the new stand/RRE - saves money AND improves atmosphere. Seems sensible to me.

Main stand upper is usually quite busy most games. In terms of % of seats used probs best in the ground. Closing this area does not make economic sense as people who sit there sit there for a (several) reason(s). Take this away and we will lose some of these people completely.

No point mithering yourself considering atmosphere in the debate.

There will be none with 2500 fans in a 13,000 ground, with 72 Dagenham supporters in the Chaddy singing Allez Allez Oh.

Said the same about the Chaddy: :censored: upsetting more supporters when we've hardly got any left to lose.

No bad thing in my view. Fans already too disbursed within a stadium that's currently too big for us. Upper section of chaddy shut have been closed when it was our home end and the small section of the RRE should not be used.

Are people really mourning the loss of the main stand upper? I suspect that the same people were against the failsworth move. We wouldn't be in this situation if that had come off.

No I am saying that fans are too disbursed relative to the size of our ground and fan base. It makes sense on many levels to concentrate fans into smaller areas.

May be a sweeping generalisation but that's my prediction. Guess will never know if I am right. My point being that times change and we got to move on. No point being nostalgic about the crumbling main stand. That's life mate.