Seeing as Shez

What I find completely weird is that you couldn't hear a peep from the Chaddy - even when the Athleticos were singing away - always thought it was down to the acoustics and the roof "holding" the sound in. Now though - the away fans "boom out" from the Chaddy (even when not many of them) and the RRE is deathly quiet (even when the Athleticos are singing away!) - conclusion - humans clearly sing louder when they are "away" than at "home". I know they sing more but now realise they sing louder too.

The conclusion is, away fans are usually pissed.

Also, grown men are always going to be louder than young lads

You say that but against Millwall there was a lad who sounded no older than 10 (younger than the other Athleticos), and I could hear him clear as day every chant. And I sit Chaddy End side of the Main Stand Upper. So that pisses on that theory doesn't it.

Edited by bowl

What I find completely weird is that you couldn't hear a peep from the Chaddy - even when the Athleticos were singing away - always thought it was down to the acoustics and the roof "holding" the sound in. Now though - the away fans "boom out" from the Chaddy (even when not many of them) and the RRE is deathly quiet (even when the Athleticos are singing away!) - conclusion - humans clearly sing louder when they are "away" than at "home". I know they sing more but now realise they sing louder too.

Its weird that we have fans who very vocally back the team away from home yet don't make a peep at home games, always thought that strange.

The chaddy end is the next stand on the list to be done up according to staff at the club

I would have thought the Main Stand would have been the priority as the Chaddy is nowhere near as bad as there. But I guess the Main Stand is where the changing rooms etc. are so it will be far more expensive.

May also have summat to do with the houses that are being built at the moment? Maybe they're looking to change things with regards to their privacy and it won't be to the home fans best interests?

You mean demolish the top part, lower the roof and making it more aesthetically pleasing to look at for the householders?

Sure i've read/heard somewhere that the thinking with the chaddy will be just another North stand, so with boxes, but no shops or anything at the back of it.

Why?

That would be wasted money. The Chaddy is about adequate as it stands. If there's no money-making ploy I don't get that.