Do you know what I love.........

I know John Sheridan may not be the messiah (but hopefully will be!), but Lee Johnson despite how well he is doing in Barnsley (fair do) is not mentioned in a thread subject title on the first page of OWTB! And rightly so, because what epitomises Oldham for me, has returned!

I know I'm stating the obvious for many who are on this site, and repeating sentiments......but I just wanted to add my positivity!! :-)

Edited by wiggy0406

I know John Sheridan may not be the messiah (but hopefully will be!), but Lee Johnson despite how well he is doing in Barnsley (fair do) is not mentioned in a thread subject title on the first page of OWTB! And rightly so, because what epitomises Oldham for me, has returned!

I know I'm stating the obvious for many who are on this site, and repeating sentiments......but I just wanted to add my positivity!! :-)

So you're happy there's no thread about Johnson on the page... Yet you start one?...

I liked LJ - if he moves on to bigger and better things then good for him. It's just a job - it's not personal!

I liked the bloke too whenever I met him. Away from the cameras, the press and no need to deliver PR spin he came over extremely genuine about how he wanted the club to succeed.

You can't knock the bloke to further his career with Barnsley - Money to strengthen, owners supporting rather than hindering and a much less toxic atmosphere in and around the club especially the boardroom.

However that's a closed chapter now. Shez is our manager and I'm delighted with the appointment. Loves the club, has a longstanding connection with OAFC and favours attacking football with two up front - what more would you want in a manage?!

My daughter was mascot at Bristol City in November 2013 and we were waiting for the team to get off the bus, he spent giving it the prodigal son act for 15-20 mins and then barely acknowledged her thankfully Scott Murray was a diamond as was Bobby Mimms our keeper coach at the time. Then in the dressing room Korey Smith was brilliant and Dave Mellor made her day by making a fuss.

Tbh I think Brizzle will entertain the self promoting prick....

He would. He has no sense of loyalty. Totally driven by his own agenda. He couldn't give a :censored: about Barnsley. Johnson plc. That's all that matters.

He's still a :censored:.

So, like most of us, he'd take a better job if one came along?

I don't get why football people are held to different standards than the rest of us.

So, like most of us, he'd take a better job if one came along?

I don't get why football people are held to different standards than the rest of us.

I think its more to do with old school way of thinking, Football is a tribal game and even though its come a long way of the years and its very different now, the mentality is that they should be devoted to the club as much as we are.