Lafferty loan extended

• 4 weeks later...

Ah fair enough, we might be struggling then.

Yep. But if they go up he might negotiate a release.

Hopefully Shez can create a buzz around the place that the likes of him, Palmer and Gerrard will want to be a part of next season.

Burnley and him could come to an arrangement where they just cancel his contract. Like we did with Rooney.

But, with 18 months to go, and the fact that they paid 100k+ for him, I imagine they'll wait to summer and try and sell him. I'd want to be playing if I was him, try and get in the NI Euros squad.

If burnley go up he'll be surplus to requirements so doubt they'd stand in the way of getting him off their books for next to nowt.

I'm sure Burnley would happily let him go but he'll want compensating for the difference in the wage he'd earn in his last year at Burnley and the wage we could offer him.

Burnley are loaded no doubt about that and going up this time too by the looks. A very well run club in a very small town massive fan base from years ago and no prem league giants on their immediate doorstep granted but not too far away either..my path first crossed with them in 1992 with work when they were in old div 4 and we were loving life in the premier league..how times have changed! Just goes to show it can still happen in a small town they will become established in the greedy league this time if they hold their nerve and go up.

Anyway Lafferty..they dont need or want him so let's sort his release and get him on a 2 yearer if we can!

What is the deal with Lafferty? I know we can't extend his loan but why not? Can he go on loan elsewhere this season or do league rules demand he stay in Burnley reserves for the rest of the season?

Eckersley on the bench for the ressies today, may be Laff's replacement

I was in the minority on here in thinking he'd started to look decent after he'd got a few games under his belt, the type of player you need in a scrap. Still wish we were keeping Lafferty though, he really does look class.

I was in the minority on here in thinking he'd started to look decent after he'd got a few games under his belt, the type of player you need in a scrap. Still wish we were keeping Lafferty though, he really does look class.

I did too. Not great though, hope he takes his mate with him!

Disappointing to lose him but we could do worse than Mills as his replacement. Eckersley would be OK at left back defensively, but Mills would offer more going forward.

Also frees up a loan slot. Keeper or winger ideally.