Boycott

Why is there any surprise that 100% of the new stand revenue isn't all going into the playing budget? And why is it wrong?

Do people think this is pure profit now for Blitz and Gazal as opposed to them recouping a small amount of the millions they're down on the whole thing?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair your 5,6,7 responses could have been used for all your responses. "obviously thought it would work"

And that's a total apologist approach. There's a whole batch of issues and you just apathetically let it all go.

Honest mistakes. Why are they being battered for them? How many business decisions are made thinking there's no chance this will work? Some jokers here

Why is there any surprise that 100% of the new stand revenue isn't all going into the playing budget? And why is it wrong?

Do people think this is pure profit now for Blitz and Gazal as opposed to them recouping a small amount of the millions they're down on the whole thing?

They can take as much or as little of everything as they want.

If they want to put ticket prices up to £50 then they can do.

The only surprise is that so many are surprised.

Hilarious! - Boycott the North stand!

I'm going to Boycott all beer, supermarkets, utility providers and any radio programme with Geoffrey Boycott in it.

If you can't get behind the club and the team, take up gardening, go and watch City or United or something!

This forum is unbelievable

You cannot have a difference of opinion to other people and God forbid somebody should say anything bad about the running of the club or the guy that saved the club all those years ago.

If people feel the need to boycot the new stand then let them. Who are the bunch of muppets on here, that shout them down every time they offer a difference of opinion, to say what they can or can't do?

And another thing I suppose I and not a TRUE latics fan because I don't think the club can't do anything wrong

Just to clarify I DO support the boycot because I do not believe that the owners have the true interests of OAFC at heart and that they are more interested in OEC so why should I give them any more of MY hard earned cash but I suppose that means that I am NOT a true latics fan and that I should be shouted down by some of the muppets on here.

If we get relegated for funnelling a large part of our playing budget into an OEC project I think some fans may decide enough is enough.

Having thought about it for a day or two my likely course of action if relegated will be a season of away days, looking at League 2 as it stands there's a couple of grounds in there I need to tick off and the cost of away days next season will shoot through the roof, so money saved through buying my season ticket will go towards that. I can pay for home games as and when and if we continue as a club to make :censored: up after :censored: up it will make it easier to stay away and find something else to do.

Everyone has the right to be stupid but he abuses the privilege

'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.'

I think Emerson was saying, debate the opinion - the idea - rather than attacking the person.

I'm saying cool off or you're gone.

He isn't a sir :)

Read above. We have explained that away!

'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.'

I think Emerson was saying, debate the opinion - the idea - rather than attacking the person. I'm saying cool off or you're gone.

But what did Lake & Palmer (not Roger or Palmer1) say about it?

I think Emerson was saying, debate the opinion - the idea - rather than attacking the person.

I'm saying cool off or you're gone.

Or we could debate my opinion of him and his incessant spouting of what, in my opinion, is :censored:

Still think it's a curious decision to boycott the North Stand on match days when on another thread it's being said that OAFC related events (of which a match day is one) is the ONLY thing that directly contributes to the finances of OAFC. Wouldn't it be a better idea to boycott weddings/meetings etc. that don't contribute?

Still think it's a curious decision to boycott the North Stand on match days when on another thread it's being said that OAFC related events (of which a match day is one) is the ONLY thing that directly contributes to the finances of OAFC. Wouldn't it be a better idea to boycott weddings/meetings etc. that don't contribute?

Nah, if OEC goes bust we really are goosed!

That's true, but lets say the boycott of OEC non-matchday events was successful, the owners of the OEC would eventually pull out of Latics and there would be no rent nor any matchday hospitality income. I doubt it would be easy to attract another hospitality company to set up in the stand when we are a non-league club.