Boycott

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gone are the days when you got news of Latics from Local Text , the back of the chron or for £8 a minute on club call...

welcoooooomme.........to Oldhammmm..............ath.......let..........ic........club.............................................................callllllll...

a far simpler happier time!

Yeah. them days were well happy...JW Lees draining monies, Stop the Rot running the "red card" to the Board protests...Neil Warnock's hoofball...us not a pot to piss in...

Much simpler and happier...

After all the furore with this it's no surprise most of our transfer business is "undisclosed"

The furore is not just for a undisclosed transfer fee, it is for a accumulation of events

1 Moving to Failsworth

2 Three stands

3 Finance was in place for the new stand/ obviously not true

4 Numerous false promises when the stand would be completed then a total lack of communication?

5 Appointing DH when we have a chance of the play offs still

6 Appointing DK with no experience

7 Appointing DD with no experience

8 Promise of funds for JS

9 We the supporters belief we would see some of the sell on clause for player recruitment, then to find out it as already been cashed in

I'm sure their is more i have missed, so i can understand the furore to a degree.

Edited by mickjagger

The furore is not just for a undisclosed transfer fee, it is for a accumulation of events

1 Moving to Failsworth

2 Three stands

3 Finance was in place for the new stand/ obviously not true

4 Numerous false promises when the stand would be completed then a total lack of communication?

5 Appointing DH when we have a chance of the play offs still

6 Appointing DK with no experience

7 Appointing DD with no experience

8 Promise of funds for JS

9 We the supporters belief we would see some of the sell on clause for player recruitment, then to find out it as already been cashed in

I'm sure their is more i have missed, so i can understand the furore to a degree.

1. Never happened thankfully

2. If you never go to 3 you won't have a new one

3.I believe it was but if I'm right the plans were changed to make it bigger and better

4. Things happen. No matter who is to blame. Things go wrong. The promises they made about when it would open were obviously genuine ones.

5. Obviously thought he was good enough.

6. Worked ok with LJ

7. As much as I hated him, worked ok with LJ

8. He's brought in the CB everyone was crying out for plus extended Dummigan to end of season. Also brought Palmer in albeit temporary for now. Also free agents we can sign for a striker. 2 out of 3 positions he wanted he has and we haven't definitely not signed a new striker

9. How do you know the money cashed in hasn't gone to Gerrard wage and a potential striker?

Yeah. them days were well happy...JW Lees draining monies, Stop the Rot running the "red card" to the Board protests...Neil Warnock's hoofball...us not a pot to piss in...

Warnock was manager in 1991. I didnt hear him mentiond when I rang clubcall to hear about Graeme Sharp signing and making his debut for us at Anfield!!!

Proof that if you want to moan about the club you will even go back to 20 years to do it!

Edited by palmer1

The only way it could have been handled better would have been for them to never have said there was a sell on clause in the first place.

It seems especially daft when the initial transfer fee was "undisclosed".

If you're not going to disclose the main fee why then disclose that there are add ons or sell on percentages?

I agree 100%, it all needs to be kept schtum.

Will fans in general assume there will be a sell on from now on?

Maybe they will and assume it has been sold on the cheap!

Warnock was manager in 1991. I didnt hear him mentiond when I rang clubcall to hear about Graeme Sharp signing and making his debut for us at Anfield!!!

Proof that if you want to moan about the club you will even go back to 20 years to do it!

Oh dear...Warnock was manager in 1991?

You need to read up on your history mate! Or just keep painting it all rosy in the garden!

The only way it could have been handled better would have been for them to never have said there was a sell on clause in the first place.

It seems especially daft when the initial transfer fee was "undisclosed".

If you're not going to disclose the main fee why then disclose that there are add ons or sell on percentages?

Wasn't it Johnson who initially said there was a sell on?

1. Never happened thankfully

2. If you never go to 3 you won't have a new one

3.I believe it was but if I'm right the plans were changed to make it bigger and better

4. Things happen. No matter who is to blame. Things go wrong. The promises they made about when it would open were obviously genuine ones.

5. Obviously thought he was good enough.

6. Worked ok with LJ

7. As much as I hated him, worked ok with LJ

8. He's brought in the CB everyone was crying out for plus extended Dummigan to end of season. Also brought Palmer in albeit temporary for now. Also free agents we can sign for a striker. 2 out of 3 positions he wanted he has and we haven't definitely not signed a new striker

9. How do you know the money cashed in hasn't gone to Gerrard wage and a potential striker?

Seriously?

That explains everything then, all these angry and pissed off fans are angry and pissed off for no reason at all lol.

I always wondered if there was more to you than just giving out abuse, you're the asset strippers apologist in chief. Nice one.

To be fair, I'd rather have a season like 1997/98 than this, any day of the week. Or last. Or the one before that.

And Warnock wasn't that bad. He was screwed by the club's hierarchy. It's been horrible watching how successful his teams have been since he left us.

Oh dear...Warnock was manager in 1991?

You need to read up on your history mate! Or just keep painting it all rosy in the garden!

Simply a missing question mark which if you read my post properly you would realise!

Did we even still have club call when Warnock was in charge?

I know my Latics history very well, better than most & I don't recall ever painting things as if they are rosey....ever!

It's seems you have been unhappy watching Latics since the 90s maybe you should make some changes!

The boycotters should look at Northampton Town if they think we have issues. Why boycott investors who have ploughed millions into the club and built a new stand! If it generates some or any income for the club then that is progress. If you really want to help the club, attend the games, support the team. If you stay away then watch the decline and you wont have a club to support in the future....... and nothing to boycott.

The boycotters should look at Northampton Town if they think we have issues. Why boycott investors who have ploughed millions into the club and built a new stand! If it generates some or any income for the club then that is progress. If you really want to help the club, attend the games, support the team. If you stay away then watch the decline and you wont have a club to support in the future....... and nothing to boycott.

The thing that really grates with me is that for years, Simon Corney said that for the club to progress it needed to make money 365 days a year as match day revenue simply wasn't enough.

Tonight we have heard directly from our fan rep on the board that only match day revenue goes into the club. Now I know we have more corporate facilites than the days pre north stand and more beer via the concourses but the club still, off that statement, is only making money once every two weeks 10 months of the year

Boycott..................................to abstain from buying or using!

Well that definition is mistakenly entrenched in your mind or you have done a quick search and come up with that as something which vaguely fits your argument. 3 or 4,000 fans drifting away over a period of 11yrs is not a boycott.

The topic of boycotting the North Stand via social media is rabblerousing and pulls support in from none interested parties in order to make a minorities argument look like the majorities. Or as I suspect in our case: a very small minority looking like a larger minority.

Football today is a loss leader for people unconnected with a town like ours. How you can blame someone trying to keep hold of personal investment while keeping our club in business is beyond me. For sure the 3 Amigos have made mistakes but you can’t compare them with anyone for their time here. If they went tomorrow you wouldn’t have a plan, let alone any money.

I will debate any issue with you as long as you don’t try to pull the wool over my eyes with what boycotting means. Or the more unpleasant scenarios it can lead to. To personally stop patronising one retail establishment for another as a lifestyle choice is not a boycott. In a nut shell it has to be organised to create leverage. Like Saturday.

Guest nonaenever

Boycott !!!!! Then don't ever call yourselves true Latics fans - it's a struggle as it is - what are people trying to do? FFS they have appointed Shez - admittedly might be a little late BUT it shows they are not throwing us to the dogs - we've signed Gerrard and Palmer for a while - cracking players in our present predicament. Beat Blackpool this Saturday and we have a fighting chance. Social media is an absolute pain at times - yes have a whinge but boycott - pathetic in my opinion.

Seriously?

That explains everything then, all these angry and pissed off fans are angry and pissed off for no reason at all lol.

I always wondered if there was more to you than just giving out abuse, you're the asset strippers apologist in chief. Nice one.

So you're saying that they deliberately went out of their way to lie purposely and knowingly to the fans? Or more likely do you think they believed things would be ready and were probably quite pissed off themselves when they couldn't have it ready? They haven't profited from it not being open on time. Some absolute clowns on here and you're up there with the biggest. I'll refrain from using the word I normally do to describe you. That opinion still stands. C U Next Tuesday

Well that definition is mistakenly entrenched in your mind or you have done a quick search and come up with that as something which vaguely fits your argument. 3 or 4,000 fans drifting away over a period of 11yrs is not a boycott.

The topic of boycotting the North Stand via social media is rabblerousing and pulls support in from none interested parties in order to make a minorities argument look like the majorities. Or as I suspect in our case: a very small minority looking like a larger minority.

Football today is a loss leader for people unconnected with a town like ours. How you can blame someone trying to keep hold of personal investment while keeping our club in business is beyond me. For sure the 3 Amigos have made mistakes but you can’t compare them with anyone for their time here. If they went tomorrow you wouldn’t have a plan, let alone any money.

I will debate any issue with you as long as you don’t try to pull the wool over my eyes with what boycotting means. Or the more unpleasant scenarios it can lead to. To personally stop patronising one retail establishment for another as a lifestyle choice is not a boycott. In a nut shell it has to be organised to create leverage. Like Saturday.

Perhaps I should put this in simple terms for you;

I boycott Starbucks in that I do not patronise any of their establishments since they arrange their Tax Liabilities (quite legally) to pay very little Tax

I do not stand outside with a megaphone and attract like minded people to make lots of noise.

I still boycott Starbucks no matter what other people say about them on facebook or whatever mob protests are planned on social media.

It is still a boycott even if your understanding of the English language does not allow you to see it as such! If you can come up with a more accurate alternative term I will give that my earnest consideration but I may still choose to use the term boycott.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

So you're saying that they deliberately went out of their way to lie purposely and knowingly to the fans? Or more likely do you think they believed things would be ready and were probably quite pissed off themselves when they couldn't have it ready? They haven't profited from it not being open on time. Some absolute clowns on here and you're up there with the biggest. I'll refrain from using the word I normally do to describe you. That opinion still stands. C U Next Tuesday

To be fair your 5,6,7 responses could have been used for all your responses. "obviously thought it would work"

And that's a total apologist approach. There's a whole batch of issues and you just apathetically let it all go.

The thing that really grates with me is that for years, Simon Corney said that for the club to progress it needed to make money 365 days a year as match day revenue simply wasn't enough.

Tonight we have heard directly from our fan rep on the board that only match day revenue goes into the club. Now I know we have more corporate facilites than the days pre north stand and more beer via the concourses but the club still, off that statement, is only making money once every two weeks 10 months of the year

I suppose the other question to ask is "Does the OEC pay rent to OAFC for the use of the building?".

I believe the answer you will get is yes (based on what I've been told and normal commercial practice). I assume the £s involved will be undisclosed.

Having successful tenants in the stand should provide new income streams all year round. How much of that repays the new debt that built the stand and the old debt accrued before Blitz and Gazal bailed out I'd have no idea and we will probably never know.

I suppose the other question to ask is "Does the OEC pay rent to OAFC for the use of the building?".

I believe the answer you will get is yes (based on what I've been told and normal commercial practice). I assume the £s involved will be undisclosed.

Having successful tenants in the stand should provide new income streams all year round. How much of that repays the new debt that built the stand and the old debt accrued before Blitz and Gazal bailed out I'd have no idea and we will probably never know.

If you understand that repaying debt was the reason for the stand being built then no further questions are needed, although it certainly isn't an ideal position to be in.

Lots of people are struggling with that notion though.