Boycott

Surely if any boycotting is to happen, although I can see only one reference to it and doubt it will happen, then it makes sense to channel any money saved to say PLayershare. This will give them some clout and influence.

It's alrght not giving money in, but something good has to come out of it, and using that leverage is imperitive IMHO.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some proper embarrassing things on social media at the moment after the Tarky incident.

It's like ppl couldn't cope with a little bit of optimism...

So many experts (in hindsight), so many experts that must know the real financial picture - yet can't understand why a club wouldn't want to disclose all issues publicly, so many experts that, unlike Corney, are psychic.

Some proper embarrassing things on social media at the moment after the Tarky incident.

So many experts (in hindsight), so many experts that must know the real financial picture - yet can't understand why a club wouldn't want to disclose all issues publicly, so many experts that, unlike Corney, are psychic.

and if you diasgree or offer another side to the argument you get abused like some on here

we have some lovely fans...

and if you diasgree or offer another side to the argument you get abused like some on here

we have some lovely fans...

What astounds me is how irate and apopleptic up some people are getting about something they cannot possibly know the figures for.

I am certain that a large part of the add on was the bonus on promotion.

So it very conceivable that the sell on was much less than normal. Half on promotion, half on seel on could easily be the case. But we do not know.

The fee could be a lot less than people estiamte. But we do not know.

The money we took in lieu of the sell on fee could be high or low to the eventual fee. But we do not know.

So many have assumed the worst case secanrio.

In any case, getting the stand open brings in revenue and could be worth mroe than the fee money used anyway. But we do not know.

Why people get so het up about something we simply do not know, I don't know.

What astounds me is how irate and apopleptic up some people are getting about something they cannot possibly know the figures for.

So it very conceivable that the sell on was much less than normal. Half on promotion, half on seel on could easily be the case. But we do not know.

The money we took in lieu of the sell on fee could be high or low to the eventual fee. But we do not know.

In any case, getting the stand open brings in revenue and could be worth mroe than the fee money used anyway. But we do not know.

Because we didn't sign anyone on Monday after the expectations of us getting a couple in. If we'd have signed Grant Holt then there would have been nowhere near the levels of breakdown we're seeing now!

because they have decided to boycott long ago

Absolute tosh. They've stopped going because value and entertainment have been crap.

Has the near annihilation of family run retail outlets in our town centers, filling stations, newsagents, pubs been boycotts? No.

It's easy to find better value for your £20 plus. Football is no longer affordable for many working class families not forgetting of interest to them. Owners willing to fund it are not on social media but there are plenty of agitators.

Boycott all you want - we'll get to the end quicker.

Because we didn't sign anyone on Monday after the expectations of us getting a couple in. If we'd have signed Grant Holt then there would have been nowhere near the levels of breakdown we're seeing now!

Er, he is a free agent. We still could.

Funny how no one has mentioned it though, and every comment relates to Tarky/Finances.

I said I think Shez was mad letting anything out of the bag till we signed, and Gordon will get a kicking because he alluded to some big name signning on LP but none were signed and sealed.

We still might make some big name loan signings (though I doubt it). Again, people are getting het up without knowing.

Funny how no one has mentioned it though, and every comment relates to Tarky/Finances.

I said I think Shez was mad letting anything out of the bag till we signed, and Gordon will get a kicking because he alluded to some big name signning on LP but none were signed and sealed.

We still might make some big name loan signings (though I doubt it). Again, people are getting het up without knowing.

Totally agree, we could sign Holt and Dale Jennings for example then Shez would have all the target positions sorted. Expectations were in place but not delivered. All I'm saying is if we'd have made the signings the tarky thing would have been less of an issue. Now it might be seen as a reason for the lack of signings. And could explain why every thread is being turned into a "board is ruining us" debate!

Alright mate, calm down

I can guarantee that we will always have the hardcore 3400 for a Saturday league game

Think you will be very surprised next season in that case unless some minor miracle (including staying up) occurs.

People talking like it's just about the Tarky sell on clause. It's laughable. There are many many ST holders talking of not renewing this summer. And I don't mean the usual, toy-throwers who change their minds like the wind but 30/40yr plus attendees who have got to the very end of their patience. But hey....it's alright.....

And we are absolutely nailed on to win on Saturday too! Who do we play?

Totally agree, we could sign Holt and Dale Jennings for example then Shez would have all the target positions sorted. Expectations were in place but not delivered. All I'm saying is if we'd have made the signings the tarky thing would have been less of an issue. Now it might be seen as a reason for the lack of signings. And could explain why every thread is being turned into a "board is ruining us" debate!

We seem to have reached some kind of critical mass where everything the club say, do or don't do (especially don't do) is microanalysed in an ever increasingly maniacal manner

CARRIE_zpszbe4uuy9.png

Gone are the days when you got news of Latics from Local Text , the back of the chron or for £8 a minute on club call...

welcoooooomme.........to Oldhammmm..............ath.......let..........ic........club.............................................................callllllll...

a far simpler happier time!

Edited by palmer1

We seem to have reached some kind of critical mass where everything the club say, do or don't do (especially don't do) is microanalysed in an ever increasingly maniacal manner

You can include the previous management team in that, where every facial expression of an interview was analysed. At least now with Shez we can forget about all that bollocks for a while.

Absolutely no doubt it could all have been handled better. It doesn;t seem to take much for it all to kick off! Sooner we get clear of relegation the better!

Absolutely no doubt it could all have been handled better. It doesn;t seem to take much for it all to kick off! Sooner we get clear of relegation the better!

The only way it could have been handled better would have been for them to never have said there was a sell on clause in the first place.

It seems especially daft when the initial transfer fee was "undisclosed".

If you're not going to disclose the main fee why then disclose that there are add ons or sell on percentages?

Edited by HarryBosch