FT: Blackpool 0 Oldham 0

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we though? You are asking us to win 5 games when we have only won 4 all season. This league is shocking this year and I doubt we will require 50 points.

The way shez has us setting up we are gunna draw a fair few games here on inwards purely due to us not being good enough in attack. If we stay up its gunna be tight but I don't agree with comments like "we must win 5"

We are 5 points off safety and have 17 games left.

We say the league is shocking and gets worse every year, yet the points needed is still always 48+bar one season.

Either we win at least 50% of our remaining games with a few draws or we need to go unbeaten until end of the season with the odd win to get near that many points.

That Main opportunity summed us up: the antithesis of clinical - Murphy was atrocious all night, Holloway never looked like scoring either, despite the decent amount of the ball we had in their half. Had very few shots for the time we spent in decent areas.

Midfield again did well - Palmer was our motm for me, perhaps conpeting with Lafferty. Defence relatively solid against a tricky Blackpool strike force (Philly had his invisible cloak on for the last hour after an impressive start), although Coleman is evidently still shaky.

Brilliant following I'd add. Must've been circa 1000 for a rearranged February Tuesday nighter after Wigan three days earlier. What a sad state Blackpool are in too. Never been in a stadium where the apathy was so palpable.

Coleman (5) Bag of nerves whenever he's near the ball.

Dummigan (7) Would like him permanently

Wilson (6) Decent

Dieng (7) Won a lot of aerial duels, which is unlike him.

Lafferty (6) His decent shot aside, not the best game.

Kelly (6) Got about, as he does, but lots of misplaced passes.

Palmer (8) Probably our best player. Again.

Winchester (6) Faded again, clearly not a winger.

Forte (6) Looks disinterested at times, though improved as the game went on.

Murphy (6) Movement excellent but first touch poor. I think there's a player in there.

Holloway (7) When he's match fit, he'll be great for us.

The goals for record is so poor that it will take us down, the players brought in won't change that unfortunately. The defence's record isn't that bad in comparison with other teams in the bottom half. Jusl think, if it doesn't look like it's working out then we always bring on 'goal-machine' Cassidy!

Coleman (5) Bag of nerves whenever he's near the ball.

Dummigan (7) Would like him permanently

Wilson (6) Decent

Dieng (7) Won a lot of aerial duels, which is unlike him.

Lafferty (6) His decent shot aside, not the best game.

Kelly (6) Got about, as he does, but lots of misplaced passes.

Palmer (8) Probably our best player. Again.

Winchester (6) Faded again, clearly not a winger.

Forte (6) Looks disinterested at times, though improved as the game went on.

Murphy (6) Movement excellent but first touch poor. I think there's a player in there.

Holloway (7) When he's match fit, he'll be great for us.

I thought Lafferty was MOM.

We are much improved on the basis of Saturday and Tuesday. My frustration is that we're getting to say 25 yards from goal on the flank and Lafferty, Dummigan, Forte, Winchester or whoever are just trying to whip it in - beat your man and put it in the six yard area!

We certainly didn't murder them and it was a typically crap game on an atrocious pitch between 2 nervy sides.

We played marginally the better football but our lack of confidence in the final third was palpable. The end product was non-existant and our best chance was created by Lafferty driving with the ball as those in front (Winchester aside) had appeared unable to do.

The Main miss was an absolute shocker but they equally missed some great chances, particularly the Patterson chance near the end.

Probably a fair result...... just not quite enough at this stage of the season. We need a run of wins to pull us into the mix and drag others back in - am still not convinced despite the upturn.

Was an absolutely horrific miss that was genuinely easier to score.

He panicked and snatched at the header as he felt the challenge coming from behind. Certainly not the finish of a natural goalscorer - Although at least he was following the shot for the rebound in all fairness....

Sheridan's made a massive difference to this team since he came but the 9 or 10 wins he said was needed for survival still look light years away.

Draws will not keep us in this division and I just can't see where the goals to get the wins required are coming from!

5 games 1 win, 2 draws, 2 defeats, averaging the usual 1 point per game.

1 goal scored in seven and a half hours of football and no signs of it changing!

Gills aren't all that away from home. We will win Saturday.

We aren't all that at home. They've won more away than we have at home.

Joel Coleman tried his best to throw away a clean sheet. How we haven't beat them I don't know though, they were one of the worst sides I've seen in a long time.

1 goal in 5 under Shez, people would have been calling for other managers heads by now, but now he's brought in 2 strikers so hopefully this will change. Although I hope Curtis Main doesn't sleep a wink tonight. A shocker of a miss.