Season Tickets 2016-17 (Ticket Hotline: 0161 785 5150)

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you've got your knobheads the right way round there? :lol:

Next time you want to book a holiday send me the details first and we'll split the £3k saving.

You can go in the 100 club seats and, using your own twisted logic, enjoy the same game far more than the people who didn't fund it from saving money on a holiday :grin:

Well done Harry at last you got something correct-but not much of the saving will be going into Corney's pocket.

If I had been mugged to join the 100 club this season I would have had a lot more to complain about

I find this all very disturbing. First the offer of a gamble on our results if we stump up £350. Yes I paid my £350 and now wait for some sign that the prize earned of £150 is going to be repaid. Second a limited offer of £50 off the now confirmed price of £350 for a 2016/17 season ticket.

Why does this disturb me you might well ask. Obviously they made the first offer because they needed the money for some reason. It now seems obvious that the second offer has been made because they need to raise cash to pay me and the 1,000 others our cash prize.

What is going to happen next season if all the money from these two offers has already been spent?

THIS***********************. Some people just cannot understand what a crap deal this was for the Club-OUR Club

No, but it certainly helps-a lot

Cashflow no doubt played a part but they lost a lot of goodwill fudging up the opening of the new stand, they had to do something (even if though the offer came with no guarantees)

We will see come the summer but I do sense Corney is a bit more engaged than he was a year ago.

Edited by deyres42

There really are some sad cretins that follow us...

Hey...I couldn't afford a season ticket for the first time in about 10 years the season we had the Grimsby freebie game (paid in every home game still) and got locked out of it. Did I piss and moan about it??? No...it's life...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Think this will be the first time in 6 or 7 years I don't bother. Wasn't able to stump up the £350 and now knowing that most are going to be paying £200 (whilst not begrudging the offer or those who took advantage of it), I don't fancy paying almost twice as much as others.

In fairness, it probably gets given away 10 times a season so it's not necessarily the most cost-effective purchase anyway. I'll probably just pay into the 7 or 8 games I really fancy and do the same number of aways.

Can you kindly change your username to longtimebluewhenitsuits then please?

There really are some sad cretins that follow us...

Hey...I couldn't afford a season ticket for the first time in about 10 years the season we had the Grimsby freebie game (paid in every home game still) and got locked out of it. Did I piss and moan about it??? No...it's life...

I missed Celebration Sunday due to getting run by overwhelming numbers, in prearranged shenanigans in Shaw during the match. I wish I went to the match instead.

Cashflow no doubt played a part but they lost a lot of goodwill fudging up the opening of the new stand, they had to do something (even if though the offer came with no guarantees)

Fair point but it has become a costly initiative prompting further offers to provide funds for the refunds to be paid. It is all about nicking funds from a later date and then nicking even more to satisfy the cost. If the club had a flexible market for ticket sales it would be a lot more encouraging. The problem though is that it doesnt-the paying customers are down to the 'hardcore' supporters and this initiative merely gives them some satisfaction-it doesnt attract new income!

I really don't understand the negativity towards these offers shown by some posters.

The club put on an offer which turned out well for those of us who took it up.

Obviously, some fans were not able to given the short notice, others didn't want to.

The club puts on another offer to allow fans who couldn't/didn't want to participate in the first offer to still get a (smaller) discount. Very fair of them in my opinion.

Of course ,the club may have other motives that have contributed to making the offers (i.e. cash flow) and they may not (several other solvent clubs started selling season tickets before us). As fans, we can't influence that, so why would you not take advantage of one of the discount offers if you were planning to get a season ticket anyway?

The bloke sat next to you may have paid less than you if he got in on the first offer, but you've both paid less than you would have done otherwise.

maybe through the season, as they have done in the past at historically poor attended games due to Xmas or whatever, they will do a three for the price of 1 ticket or summat? who knows .. that would normally trigger complaints from some season ticket holders .. time will tell.