Season Tickets 2016-17 (Ticket Hotline: 0161 785 5150)

It was a great offer...as a long-time season ticket holder, for the first time in a long time I feel like I've been thought about and rewarded. Which is what the club was hoping for.

Only thing I would say is that I think they could maybe have afforded a bit longer than they did for fans to gather money for it. I know quite a lot who have had ST's and couldn't afford the cash right now but will still be paying £350 in the summer. But anyone who is bitter that they will have to pay the full price really will moan at anything. It's a bit like those ST holders who cried at the March 5 games for £15 offer in 2012. I was an ST holder...but I was over the moon the club tried to get people in that way. Yet some thought it was unfair they had shelled out on an ST and then this offer meant the average cost of attending games without one was reduced down to a price close to those who had paid for an ST.

The club should be thanked for it's efforts on this one.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great offer...as a long-time season ticket holder, for the first time in a long time I feel like I've been thought about and rewarded. Which is what the club was hoping for.

Only thing I would say is that I think they could maybe have afforded a bit longer than they did for fans to gather money for it. I know quite a lot who have had ST's and couldn't afford the cash right now but will still be paying £350 in the summer. But anyone who is bitter that they will have to pay the full price really will moan at anything. It's a bit like those ST holders who cried at the March 5 games for £15 offer in 2012. I was an ST holder...but I was over the moon the club tried to get people in that way. Yet some thought it was unfair they had shelled out on an ST and then this offer meant the average cost of attending games without one was reduced down to a price close to those who had paid for an ST.

The club should be thanked for it's efforts on this one.

Agreed.

Also, there is nothing stopping the club doing a further promotion for a lesser amount, i.e. early bird offers of £300 if you buy before 31st May etc.

I thought it was a terrible offer at first, given we'd won about twice at home /in a whole year. Happy to say I was well wrong on this one. It also unified the club and supporters in a strange sort of way. The atmosphere at the Chesterfield match seemed improved as a whole.

Well done OAFC.

I thought it was a terrible offer at first, given we'd won about twice at home /in a whole year. Happy to say I was well wrong on this one. It also unified the club and supporters in a strange sort of way. The atmosphere at the Chesterfield match seemed improved as a whole.

Well done OAFC.

The way I looked at it was that I couldn't lose. I was always going to buy a season ticket for 2016-17 irrespective of which division we are in. Luckily I could afford to shell out early.

I would add one final thing though...my ever suspicious mind plays devils advocate over how or why such a good (potential) offer could be given. Having seen us go for a loan of £241,000 in December was it a way of getting cash in fast to repay it? We can only ponder these things as we will never know unless the books tell us next year (and some folk say we have no right to know)....

Edited by boundaryblue80

I would add one final thing though...my ever suspicious mind plays devils advocate over how or why such a good (potential) offer could be given. Having seen us go for a loan of £241,000 in December was it a way of getting cash in fast to repay it? We can only ponder these things as we will never know unless the books tell us next year (and some folk say we have no right to know)....

The discount is c£150k based on 1,000 sales.

I reckon it was an offer driven by cash flow issues.

My assumption is that it will be a hole filled by new stand revenues which could otherwise have been invested in the playing budget.

If that was the case then that's a good thing. Clear a loan and reward fans in the process

.... And start next season down £400k - :censored:ing genius that.

£400k would amount to around 2,700 fans taking full advantage of the offer (i.e. getting in ahead of the first game). Based on the snippets of information available, that sounds significantly higher than the actual number. Also, if the purpose was to pay off the loan, you would need to account for the saving in interest before coming to your total loss figure. And, if there are people who bought a ticket, who wouldn't otherwise have, you would need to factor them out of the £400k loss.

400k is the amount the club generated through sales if 150k is refunded to fans and 250k has been spent to service a loan as some are speculating then that's 400k lost from next seasons budget isn't it?

We are getting a bigger cut from the solidarity agreement with the PL.

We also have potential added revenue from the completion of the North Stand. How much that is none of us know either way and let's not have one of those threads again because they are based on conjecture and speculation and very little if any facts.

I'm still expecting us to have another bottom half budget though.

400k is the amount the club generated through sales if 150k is refunded to fans and 250k has been spent to service a loan as some are speculating then that's 400k lost from next seasons budget isn't it?

Of which £250k was already gone before the offer.

The Companies House Website is updated daily (though with certain processing delays) and there is nothing to show that the loan from Necarcu has been settled

There are quite a few assumptions being made regarding the financial consequences of the deal.

For me the assumption that 1,000 season tickets equates to a cost of £150,000 will be well wide of the mark.

Similar to the previous poster I renewed 2 seniors and 2 juniors. The juniors I purchased for convenience and were not included in the deal.

The cost to the club for my 4 tickets will be £120 not a potential £600.

Acknowledging concessions, the 1,000 figure was quoted by the club who then had a further three days of sales before the first game and a month of sales against fewer games.

£150k of discount isn't an unreasonable estimate.

So, what figures have you got for the three further days and sales before three further games?

So, what figures have you got for the three further days and sales before three further games?

Christ I'm simply making what I believe to be reasonable estimates based on the information available, to contribute to the discussion.

If you want an exact breakdown ask the :censored:ing club.

Christ I'm simply making what I believe to be reasonable estimates based on the information available, to contribute to the discussion.

If you want an exact breakdown ask the :censored:ing club.

I'm contributing to the discussion without blasphemy or swearing:

Number of disabled tickets; undisclosed.

Number of senior tickets; undisclosed.

Number of junior tickets; undisclosed.

Number of adult tickets; undisclosed

Total number of tickets sold undisclosed.

By all means stick like glue to the £150,000 based on the only fact we have, 1,000 tickets. But allow someone to challenge you for a few facts without getting shirty.

Edited by mikeroyboy