Season Tickets 2016-17 (Ticket Hotline: 0161 785 5150)

Thought it was well known that after the 5 matches for £15 the club weren't going to bother again. Most didn't turn up for the 3rd, 4th and 5th matches. I'm sure I heard Simon say somewhere that he wouldn't be running anything like that again.

Edited by boundaryblue80

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was well known that after the 5 matches for £15 the club weren't going to bother again. Most didn't turn up for the 3rd, 4th and 5th matches. I'm sure I heard Simon say somewhere that he wouldn't be running anything like that again.

I've been anti those offers forever, they were always aiming to get random people in when you could almost guarantee :censored: dull games in the rain and cold. Remember the club did this when people were (not unreasonably) suggesting a deal for the banked up home games. The cash back idea is pretty smart in that context

I used to bring my eldest son to matches, when he decided he didn't want to go any more I stopped soon after. Sitting on my own combined with crap on the pitch just wasn't enjoyable. The 5 match offer got my brother and me back in the ground (he'd been away a lot longer). The cheap season tickets for under twelves meant that we could afford tickets for our lads too. The five of us have had season tickets ever since. Sometimes lapsed fans need a nudge to get them back in the ground.

Fortunate enough to have the funds for the first offer, and then very happy that the teams performances made it worthwhile.

Given the short notice and money up front aspects of the deal, I can understand some feeling a little upset about not being able to take up the offer - but not enough to hold a grudge against the club.

The next offer is decent - prior to March I'd have been very happy with a £300 ticket - and I hope that people that felt they missed out can take advantage.

The talk of a £150 discount only applies to those who bought before the first game, others will have saved £100 and £50.

Life is full of these kind of variations.

I am currently on a EuroStar heading to Brussels for he weekend and got an early bird ticket for £29. If I'd bought it yesterday it would be over 4 times that.

Someone else might be better at haggling when hey buy a car, or negotiate a discount on their Sky bill etc.

As someone else said, finding these things out always pisses on your chips, but that is life.

Whatever we have all paid, hopefully come May next year it will have felt good value

Won't let me copy the link but there's some unsurprising news on the Official, it seems some refunds will not be made until the week 3rd May depending on what stand you've purchased in, cashflow problems again methinks.

Edited by yarddog73

There was no problem with me paying for my tickets over the phone. I assume they can sort out crediting my card in the same way. Getting to the ground during the week isn't possible for me and getting to the ground before 12 on a match day is very inconvenient.

Guest nonaenever

It does look a bit sterile in there.

As a kid you do tend to watch the fans as much as the football. The buzz is as much the draw of going. It's almost as though someone who came up with the idea didn't attend as a kid themselves...

I can understand they are conscious of kids pissing about round the RRE if they made it free in there. That being said, you'd be a sad bastard to complain about it.

Oh but complain they do! We should be trying to make BP a cauldron of noise - dare I say - even a HOSTILE atmosphere for visiting teams (believe it or not it can win you a few points over a season). However, too many Latics fans of late seem to be of the "left wing pussy" variety - I got glared at by one for daring to scream at the ref the other week (and I didn't even swear!) - it's a bloody football match with emotions - more Athletico types the better for me - not "flask and butty brigade" sat with their mummies and daddies - thank you - now, where's that beer?

Envelopes were given with receipts in. There were lads outside the main entrances handing them out in a couple of the 4 games from what I saw.

They'll still have whoever hasn't picked up there's yet

I can understand why the club are doing this. I waited ten minutes to get a receipt - be waiting hours for hundreds to insert debit/credit cards ? it's not really hard to comprehend that one set start date for all is a recipe for disaster.nuch rather wait a couple of weeks and walk up than waste hours potentially stood waiting in a queue

Envelopes were given with receipts in. There were lads outside the main entrances handing them out in a couple of the 4 games from what I saw.

I can understand why the club are doing this. I waited ten minutes to get a receipt - be waiting hours for hundreds to insert debit/credit cards ? it's not really hard to comprehend that one set start date for all is a recipe for disaster.nuch rather wait a couple of weeks and walk up than waste hours potentially stood waiting in a queue

Bandit behaviour if you ask me but I haven't bought one.

Not sure I picked one up or if I still have it if I did - I assumed it would simply be credited back to my card.