Season Tickets 2016-17 (Ticket Hotline: 0161 785 5150)

Think this will be the first time in 6 or 7 years I don't bother. Wasn't able to stump up the £350 and now knowing that most are going to be paying £200 (whilst not begrudging the offer or those who took advantage of it), I don't fancy paying almost twice as much as others.

In fairness, it probably gets given away 10 times a season so it's not necessarily the most cost-effective purchase anyway. I'll probably just pay into the 7 or 8 games I really fancy and do the same number of aways.

Edited by longtimeblue

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think this will be the first time in 6 or 7 years I don't bother. Wasn't able to stump up the £350 and now knowing that most are going to be paying £200 (whilst not begrudging the offer or those who took advantage of it), I don't fancy paying almost twice as much as others.

In fairness, it probably gets given away 10 times a season so it's not necessarily the most cost-effective purchase anyway. I'll probably just pay into the 7 or 8 games I really fancy and do the same number of aways.

Twice as much? Bad maths...

This is a point that many others do not appreciate! The offer plus the resultant 'discount' makes the original price less attractive than it was initially.

Even with the £50 discount offer it still is unattractive now to a lot of fans. The new benchmark for a season ticket becomes £300 or perhaps even less.

Whoever advises Corney on his marketing plans should get a right bollocking!

There will be well over a thousand paying normal price, you're just being emotional. It was touch and go us finding the money to stump up for the offer, it's no reason to feel worse off if you couldn't make it. There would have been a fair few of us eating our credit card bills for a few months if the gamble hadn't come off.

There will be well over a thousand paying normal price, you're just being emotional. It was touch and go us finding the money to stump up for the offer, it's no reason to feel worse off if you couldn't make it. There would have been a fair few of us eating our credit card bills for a few months if the gamble hadn't come off.

It's like paying £6K to go on holiday and having to lie on the sun lounger trying to ignore the 'knobhead' who keeps telling you that he only paid £3K and has a better room. Totally spoils it.

It's like paying £6K to go on holiday and having to lie on the sun lounger trying to ignore the 'knobhead' who keeps telling you that he only paid £3K and has a better room. Totally spoils it.

I only sat in my seat for about 15 minutes this season, I don't know if I'll spend much more next. I fully expect to be pissed off by people kicking my seat, shouting :censored:e, not noticing females wanting to get past and so on. I'd be amazed if the average price per match gets a repeated airing.

This is a point that many others do not appreciate! The offer plus the resultant 'discount' makes the original price less attractive than it was initially.

Even with the £50 discount offer it still is unattractive now to a lot of fans. The new benchmark for a season ticket becomes £300 or perhaps even less.

Whoever advises Corney on his marketing plans should get a right bollocking!

Fold the club, we don't deserve one. They do 2 decent season ticket offers and people moan? Bloody hell.

Jesus some of you need a right good slap. The offer was put out yes short notice but over 1000 people took the offer on! A new offer with £50 off the season ticket price and you still moan!! Not many clubs will be doing adult tickets cheaper than that!! The club can't win sometimes. This time round they need a pat on the back to say well done for listening to the majority of fans who wanted an incentive like this. ?? well done Oldham and give your head a wobble you moaners!!

Businesses offer discount for early purchases for cash flow. It's nothing unusual or sinister.

You wouldn't moan on a train because the guy opposite paid half as much as you did because he bought his ticket ages ago and gambled on nothing coming up that would mean missing the specified train. Or would you?

Fold the club, we don't deserve one. They do 2 decent season ticket offers and people moan? Bloody hell.

Someone was always going to moan about it whatever the club had done. The offer had regained some lost goodwill with the majority of its core support due to everything that happened in 2015. Thats a good thing I'm going to have to wait until the end of the season to buy mine unfortunately it's not going to ruin next season for me knowing others have paid less effectively.

'Almost'... It was always in there.

I hope your boss gives you "almost" your full wage by taking 25% off it.

There's an offer for you to pay less than last season and still you moan. All it amounts to is envy of others.

YOU have not lost out compared to what you expected to have to pay, you have GAINED by £50.

You also didn't have to gamble anything. Those that took the offer could have seen 4 defeats, relegation and be paying exactly the same as someone sat next to them in league 2. They'd have paid cash sooner,comitted to the club and got nothing back for their faith.

Edited by real

That's a :censored:ing fancy holiday that!

I find this all very disturbing. First the offer of a gamble on our results if we stump up £350. Yes I paid my £350 and now wait for some sign that the prize earned of £150 is going to be repaid. Second a limited offer of £50 off the now confirmed price of £350 for a 2016/17 season ticket.

Why does this disturb me you might well ask. Obviously they made the first offer because they needed the money for some reason. It now seems obvious that the second offer has been made because they need to raise cash to pay me and the 1,000 others our cash prize.

What is going to happen next season if all the money from these two offers has already been spent?

Why does this disturb me you might well ask. Obviously they made the first offer because they needed the money for some reason. It now seems obvious that the second offer has been made because they need to raise cash to pay me and the 1,000 others our cash prize.

What is going to happen next season if all the money from these two offers has already been spent?

I think we should be able to pay for matches as we leave, just so we can ensure that we get to see something. I spend most half times suspiciously watching the car parks just to make sure that the playing staff don't drive off after being made redundant.

I do think that the free under 12's with an adult being limited to the quiet zzzzzone is counter productive long term.

Ok I appreciate that some kids and parents are precious, but how many of us would have wanted to come back to Latics as kids if our first ever experience was in an empty, silent area away from all the action and the swearing and the songs???

No thanks

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Are you sure you've got your knobheads the right way round there? :lol:

Next time you want to book a holiday send me the details first and we'll split the £3k saving.

You can go in the 100 club seats and, using your own twisted logic, enjoy the same game far more than the people who didn't fund it from saving money on a holiday :grin:

I do think that the free under 12's with an adult being limited to the quiet zzzzzone is counter productive long term.

Ok I appreciate that some kids and parents are precious, but how many of us would have wanted to come back to Latics as kids if our first ever experience was in an empty, silent area away from all the action and the swearing and the songs???

No thanks

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It does look a bit sterile in there.

As a kid you do tend to watch the fans as much as the football. The buzz is as much the draw of going. It's almost as though someone who came up with the idea didn't attend as a kid themselves...

I can understand they are conscious of kids pissing about round the RRE if they made it free in there. That being said, you'd be a sad bastard to complain about it.

People who didnt take up the great offer to begin with, and now moaning about £300 offer only have themselves to blame. I was going to get a season ticket regardless next season, as I have paid into pretty much every home game this year. Ive not moaned that Im paying £22/game and sitting next to a guy who paid £14/game at the start of the season. £300 is not unreasonable and is infact still a very good deal. If you aren't happy because its not £200, then thats your own fault for not buying under the original offer.

Just get a ST at £300 now, because you know come August (once weve signed Matty Palmer on a 5 year deal) youll get the buzz every pre season brings and be in attendance but stumping up the £22 like I have all season anyway!

Edited by youngen