Pitch or midfield ?

We looked very flat and the first half was terrible.

The second half was still way better than anything we saw under Dunn though.

Cassidy looked better when he came on. I'd start him ahead of Main on Saturday.

We really need Murphy to find his Crawley form for me. As good as Holloway is I've never seen a forward look so unlikely to ever score. Apart from Main maybe.

Fingers crossed Forte is back on Saturday.

What's going on with Poleon? We had zero pace in the side tonight. He could have done alright against their defence I reckon.

You obviously wern't at Gillingham then. This blind defending of Sheridan at all costs is ignoring the evidence of your own eyes. He's playing full backs as wingers which is laughable and totally ineffective, the two forwards he's brought in haven't found the net once between them, Kelly shouldn't be in the team and as for Coleman...disaster waiting to happen every game. Aside from the fact he's incapable of dealing with balls into the box, his distribution is shocking, as it has been all season and the worrying thing is it hasn't improved one iota since August which makes me doubt if it ever will.

A dodgy keeper and strikers who can't score is only going to end one way..

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as he's a big player for us, Lafferty having to go back may be a blessing. Hopefully Shez can get a tune out of Mills and brings in a loan keeper.

That error last night is up there in terms of the worst seen this season. I'd love Coleman to do well and he still might, but he needs taking out of the firing line asap. Cornell probably isn't the answer as he's "not one of our own" so is hated for his earlier mistakes.

For those who didn't go last night check out the Sky Sports match highlights.....that attempt at a punch was bloody horrendous. He was under no pressure at all should have caught it easily.

I think Shez probably saw the need to bring in a couple of loans as a balancing act.

He, like everyone else knows that Coleman gifts a goal a game but probably thought that with Gerrard tightening the defence his priorities lay elsewhere.

Hence the signing of Holloway and Main.

Coleman will continue to make mistakes,it is unfortunate for him that at this time we are at the wrong end of the table which all adds to the pressure on the lad.

That said, Coleman needs to get his head sorted rapid !

Coleman didn't do his job at Scunthorpe?

I'd say he was one of two or three who did and the goal itself wasn't really his fault was it. He was man of the match at Scunthorpe you can't dispute that surely?

He doesnt contriol his area, now looking the goal as i mentioned elsewhere on here either he or Dieng is at fault for the goal but both have to take some responsiblity for it.

15 saves gets mom but 1 mistake and you still dont win the game its that simple. He is costing valuable points at a time when we cant afford it. unbeaten run or not

I bet you probably had Dieng in the 3 who did their jobs at Scunny didnt you? :)

Not sure anyone thinks that Coleman is ready for our situation yet, but as it seems that our hands are tied he (and Cornell if he plays) simply needs our support from now until the end of the season.

It's about prioritising which area needs improving fastest. With Coleman's record since coming back in we can survive, even if he makes a blunder a game that leads to a goal. But with the current lack of goals from strikers we won't stay up. Forte scored against Gillingham but he was and has been playing as a left winger, before that Murphy scored against Colchester and Doncaster. Before that? Higdon twice against Southend in November.

That's 2 goals from strikers in the last 3 months. That's our biggest problem.

No I didn't have Dieng in the three he looked shaky at times up against Madden and came off second best for me only Coleman, Palmer and Lafferty did better than average, Gerrard could of done better for the goal and is as much to blame for not covering the post.

No I didn't have Dieng in the three he looked shaky at times up against Madden and came off second best for me only Coleman, Palmer and Lafferty did better than average, Gerrard could of done better for the goal and is as much to blame for not covering the post.

Gerrard? Coleman & Dieng are at fault for the goal but because Gerrard doesnt clear up their mess you are lumping him in as well? (ffs - shakes head and walks away)

Guest nonaenever

You obviously wern't at Gillingham then. This blind defending of Sheridan at all costs is ignoring the evidence of your own eyes. He's playing full backs as wingers which is laughable and totally ineffective, the two forwards he's brought in haven't found the net once between them, Kelly shouldn't be in the team and as for Coleman...disaster waiting to happen every game. Aside from the fact he's incapable of dealing with balls into the box, his distribution is shocking, as it has been all season and the worrying thing is it hasn't improved one iota since August which makes me doubt if it ever will.

WTF! The evidence of VAST improvement since Shezza returned is overwhelming - hopefully that doesn't need further explanation - examine the results. He is getting the best out of what he has at disposal - something Dunn was totally incapable of. Sheridan can actually MANAGE i.e. instill belief, get an extra 20% our of everyone, organise, recruit decently, hire decent assistants (anyone want Holden back !!!). In my eyes - the man is a legend - and I`ve been watching football for a long time - know a good 'un when I see one - and also recognise complete duffers (Dunn, Holden etc.)

Coleman would be a fantastic keeper if we were in calmer seas. Unfortunately, we are fighting for survival and need someone with an experienced head between the sticks.

If you ask me, it was Gary Kelly that kept us from dropping like a stone between 96-02. Goes to show the importance of having a solid, reliable keeper in times like these and I honestly think that Shez needs to shift his loan priority towards a keeper who can give Coleman a breather.

As for the senseless bashing of the young lad, some people need engage their brain before they open their gob.

WTF! The evidence of VAST improvement since Shezza returned is overwhelming - hopefully that doesn't need further explanation - examine the results. He is getting the best out of what he has at disposal - something Dunn was totally incapable of. Sheridan can actually MANAGE i.e. instill belief, get an extra 20% our of everyone, organise, recruit decently, hire decent assistants (anyone want Holden back !!!). In my eyes - the man is a legend - and I`ve been watching football for a long time - know a good 'un when I see one - and also recognise complete duffers (Dunn, Holden etc.)

The post I responded to stated the second half last night was way better than anything under Dunn, which is utter nonsense. Why would anyone even say that unless it's blind loyalty to Sheridan?

Recruit decently? Gerrard and Palmer yea, Main and Holloway were brought in as strikers and haven't managed a goal between them so thats 50% decent recruits. Dunn brought Dummigan, Lafferty and Higdon in. As for getting an extra 20% out of everyone, I assume your exempting Coleman, Kelly, Jones, Murphy & Mills from that assertion?

Coleman would be a fantastic keeper if we were in calmer seas. Unfortunately, we are fighting for survival and need someone with an experienced head between the sticks.

If you ask me, it was Gary Kelly that kept us from dropping like a stone between 96-02. Goes to show the importance of having a solid, reliable keeper in times like these and I honestly think that Shez needs to shift his loan priority towards a keeper who can give Coleman a breather.

As for the senseless bashing of the young lad, some people need engage their brain before they open their gob.

Agreed, what a shame such a luxury wasn't afforded to the likes of Connor Brown, Cornell, Poleon etc.

His fans keep trying to make out that he is a boo boy when truth is only Winchester gets more blind support than him.

Have to agree with this. People saying on here that others love to give grief to our own. Given the amount of errors he's made, he's got off very lightly.

This blind defending of Sheridan at all costs is ignoring the evidence of your own eyes. He's playing full backs as wingers which is laughable and totally ineffective,

We're unbeaten in 7 and they've both scored crucial goals from there...

Kelly shouldn't be in the team

I'm far from Kelly's biggest fan but, wow.... Who should be in ahead of him?

the two forwards he's brought in haven't found the net once between them, and as for Coleman...disaster waiting to happen every game.

Possibly.

We knew Main and Holloway didn't have great goalscoring records but you can't argue they haven't improved us as a team with their running and Holloway's hold up play. Unless Murphy finds his Crawley form and/or Forte starts playing every week we need midfielders running on to score from that hold up play.

The post I responded to stated the second half last night was way better than anything under Dunn, which is utter nonsense. Why would anyone even say that unless it's blind loyalty to Sheridan?

We were.

We scored. We didn't lose. We were entertained at times. How often did anything of those things happen under Dunn? Never mind all 3...

Recruit decently? Gerrard and Palmer yea, Main and Holloway were brought in as strikers and haven't managed a goal between them so thats 50% decent recruits. Dunn brought Dummigan, Lafferty and Higdon in. As for getting an extra 20% out of everyone, I assume your exempting Coleman, Kelly, Jones, Murphy & Mills from that assertion?

Gerrard our best defender. Palmer our best midfielder & best player. Lafferty was largely :censored:e under Dunn and has come on massively under Shez.

Dummigan has been the same good player under either manager. Higdon was probably Dunn's most successful signing and I wish Shez had gone for him rather than Main.

I don't get why you continue to, bizarrely, talk up the worst manager we've ever had and talk down a man who's brought us on in leaps & bounds in a very short period of time and given us a chance of staying up we'd never have had with Dunn.

Guest nonaenever

Sorry mate - Dunn was Rovers through and through (and as bad as the last Rovers import we had - Glen Keeley). In my opinion, he was a cocky, arrogant git whilst he was here who couldn't manage the proverbial in a brewery. His sarcastic sideswipes at the fans and the mighty Joe Royle made my blood boil and I would have given him a right piece of my mind face to face given a chance. His and Holden's laughing and joking on the touchline when we produced some of the worst football we've seen for a long time was an insult to the fans and showed their egos were bigger than their combined brains.

Shez is humble - Latics to the core and a down to earth type who loves football and, more importantly, appreciates the fans' perspective. Won't always agree with him, for sure, but about 1,000,000,000,000,000 % better than the man from Rovers (back where he belongs I see).

Sorry mate - Dunn was Rovers through and through (and as bad as the last Rovers import we had - Glen Keeley). In my opinion, he was a cocky, arrogant git whilst he was here who couldn't manage the proverbial in a brewery. His sarcastic sideswipes at the fans and the mighty Joe Royle made my blood boil and I would have given him a right piece of my mind face to face given a chance. His and Holden's laughing and joking on the touchline when we produced some of the worst football we've seen for a long time was an insult to the fans and showed their egos were bigger than their combined brains.

Shez is humble - Latics to the core and a down to earth type who loves football and, more importantly, appreciates the fans' perspective. Won't always agree with him, for sure, but about 1,000,000,000,000,000 % better than the man from Rovers (back where he belongs I see).

We were.

We scored. We didn't lose. We were entertained at times. How often did anything of those things happen under Dunn? Never mind all 3...

Gerrard our best defender. Palmer our best midfielder & best player. Lafferty was largely :censored:e under Dunn and has come on massively under Shez.

Dummigan has been the same good player under either manager. Higdon was probably Dunn's most successful signing and I wish Shez had gone for him rather than Main.

I don't get why you continue to, bizarrely, talk up the worst manager we've ever had and talk down a man who's brought us on in leaps & bounds in a very short period of time and given us a chance of staying up we'd never have had with Dunn.

Okay boys - First of all I wasn't talking Sheridan down, he was one of the best I've ever seen in an Oldham shirt, my criticisms wern't personal towards him. What bugged me was the reaction when his appointment was announced which was on a par with the return of the Messiah when 99% of posters here at the time were happy he was sacked. He was brought back due, in part, to his personal circumstances requiring a move back to the North West, but mainly as a sop by Corney in an attempt to appease fans and deflect from the controversy over the club's financial situation. I don't believe for one second the board sat down and considered a list of suitable replacements for Dunn, of whom Sheridan was considered the best option. If we do go down then very few fans will blame Sheridan, (and by extention the board) whereas if we'dve been relegated under Dunn the reaction would have been toxic and the board's intentions regarding the club would've (rightly) come under increased scrutiny and maybe forced their hand regarding their commitment to the playing side.

Results have improved sure, but they usually do at any club appointing a new manager mid-season. From what I've seen though I'm not sure we're good enough to stay up. There's been no improvement in half the team imo and ultimately our lack of forwards who can score and the fact our keeper regularly gifts goals will do for us and Sheridan hasn't addressed these deficiencies which were obvious to most fans.

And like you nonaenever I well remember Glen Keeley - shockng- but he also somehow scored a worldy when he was here, dribbling Messi-like and slotting home in front of the Chaddy end.

I know I'm in a tiny minority but I thought Dunn would've kept us up. I'm not sure Sheridan will. Respect your arguments though and it's all opinions innit. :)