Curtis Main

Exactly why I asked the question, I see him as a slightly more run aroundy, less holdy uppy player than Holloway, and feel Holloway does the job well enough on his own. I think theyre quite similar and honestly I would like to see some goals from one of them, if not we cant rely on Liam Kellys shooting from 30 yards because Main made him a yard of space. Just doesnt add anything for me to a team already struggling for goals, and Holloway does that defense dragging job well enough on his own.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he stays, he needds to learn to get much closer to Hollway. They's like two isolated strikers. he needs to feed of the knock downs from Holloway.

Yea but he's too busy closing down opposition defenders in the hope of winning the ball back and racing 30 yards to put in a tackle, which is eminently commendable and shames the majority of his teammates but the flip side to that is he's all too often not where he needs to be when we're attacking.

Back page of the Chron says he's decided to stay with Latics.

Hope he sends Donacaster down.

It also says he has another season left on his contract and that Furgy junior is disappointed at Main's decision. No doubt they will be giving him a free transfer in the summer.

Yea but he's too busy closing down opposition defenders in the hope of winning the ball back and racing 30 yards to put in a tackle, which is eminently commendable and shames the majority of his teammates but the flip side to that is he's all too often not where he needs to be when we're attacking.

Its a pity our wide midfielders are shining so much in every match. He could have been played there!

Yes, he needs to be a bit more selfish in that he has to stop tring to cover every blade of grass and get up alongside Holloway. He works very hard, but the others (midfield) need to get their fingers out of their arses.

I'm hoping to find a bar in Hoi An in Vietnam for this. I'll be gutted if I can't

All the big screens were in Aussie bars showing Aussie sport when I was there.

I'm sure there was one on the corner as you entered the old town from the new bit that I watched football in though. A bigish, open place. This was 2008 though.

(PS you lucky, lucky bastard...)

If you've not already done it drive out to one of the beaches through the paddy fields on a scooter around 4pm as all the families turn up on the beach for tea after work. Communism doesn't look too bad at all when you see this...

It's on SS1 so I am assuming Foxtel. I watched the Derby Forest game last week so all good.

No...Fox Sports don't show the Championship anymore here in Oz. Bein Sports (525) shows the Sky Championship/Football League matches. Doesn't look like it's on - I think they are showing Chile vs Argentina in the World Cup qualifies at 10.25pm on Friday night. They're picking Messi over Mike Jones FFS?!?

EDIT: Sorry, looking at the wrong day! YES! It is on at 11.25pm on Saturday night on bein Sports. I'm seeing Noel Gallagher here in Sydney on Saturday night. Bit of a sing-a-long, couple of beers and then home for Latics. Get in!

Edited by perfectOzblue

All the big screens were in Aussie bars showing Aussie sport when I was there.

I'm sure there was one on the corner as you entered the old town from the new bit that I watched football in though. A bigish, open place. This was 2008 though.

(PS you lucky, lucky bastard...)

If you've not already done it drive out to one of the beaches through the paddy fields on a scooter around 4pm as all the families turn up on the beach for tea after work. Communism doesn't look too bad at all when you see this...

Cheers for the advice.

Its bloody forecast nothing but nonstop rain for the 3 days I'm there and given I'm with the Mrs there's more chance of Matty Palmer scoring a hat-trick on Saturday than getting her on a bike out to a beach.

EDIT: Sorry, looking at the wrong day! YES! It is on at 11.25pm on Saturday night on bein Sports. I'm seeing Noel Gallagher here in Sydney on Saturday night. Bit of a sing-a-long, couple of beers and then home for Latics. Get in!

Ok found it - though its on a pay extra channel. funny seeing the game list for Saturday night

Chile v Argentina

Netherlands v France

Burton v Oldham

:laught30:

Edited by Stagger Lee