Curtis Main

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curtis Main, you probably think this song is about you.

Imagining that sung by hundreds in fancy dress for our survival celebration at the Den. Got to happen!!

And to think I was going to suggest something to the tune of Purple Rain. Pah!!

Remind me why we're celebrating? We are yet again in L1 and are the longest serving team in this division. Utter dross again!

Because, despite Corney and the board's best attempts to screw us over (efforts for next season may already be underway), Shez and a few inspired signings look like saving the day. Without Shez we are nothing.

Imagining that sung by hundreds in fancy dress for our survival celebration at the Den. Got to happen!!

And to think I was going to suggest something to the tune of Purple Rain. Pah!!

Actually that could work well, but the 'vain' song does seem the best

Because, despite Corney and the board's best attempts to screw us over (efforts for next season may already be underway), Shez and a few inspired signings look like saving the day. Without Shez we are nothing.

Who brought Shez in again? By that logic without Corney we are nothing and Shez is at Newport.

A competent board would have brought him in in the summer instead of the cheapest option

Yeah because boards don't make mistakes when appointed football managers.

Not many if any at all would admit their mistakes and bring back a manager that was sacked previously with a large portion of our fans screaming for him to go.

Yeah because boards don't make mistakes when appointed football managers.

Come on be honest with yourself. The Board promoted the Coach to take over from Judas, then appointed someone totally out of his depth and brought in his replacement before a game was even played this season. They then allowed the replacement to take us so far down we were virtually relegated before they actually woke up and realised what most of us knew that we needed someone to really turn around the complete football squad very very speedily.

If Sheridan had been appointed after 1 bad decision then fair enough but time and time again the Board got it wrong.

All that has seemed to concern the club was the finishing of the North Stand with very little regard to what was happening on the pitch!

Even now 'cash-flow' is king, above all else. The Board are continuing to make bad decisions. If you cannot see it then more fool you.

I never said the board dont make bad or wrong decisions but I also don't make conclusions with out all the facts in hand which none of us have.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing especially in football and when appointing managers who are unsuccessful. LJs appointment was met with disgust by many but he did so well that he is known as Judas at this point. Kelly and Dunn where :censored: but sometimes you have to take risks in football or you accomplish nothing sometimes risks bring massive success. I don't like to use Utd as examples but after lording it over everybody for years they are showing the world that despite having money up the Ying yang appointing the right man to manage your football club is not easy. It's not exact science!

In regard to the stand we had fans screaming blue murder for it to be finished and some still are despite knowing that it will affect the product on the pitch. You can't have it both ways.

Cash flow is always king! if you cant see that then more fool you.

Edited by palmer1

Even now 'cash-flow' is king, above all else. The Board are continuing to make bad decisions. If you cannot see it then more fool you.

Enlighten us.

They've got a :censored: load wrong in the past and thankfully seem to have accepted this and have turned it around abit recently, but currently I don't see any bad decisions being made?

Enlighten us.

They've got a :censored: load wrong in the past and thankfully seem to have accepted this and have turned it around abit recently, but currently I don't see any bad decisions being made?

You can't expect people to acknowledge the board have made good decisions recently. What would people do with their spare time if they weren't slating Corney?