Oldham v Blackpool

I still worry about the lack of goals situation, I know we fell behind and still won against Gillingham but I can't see that happening too often. To win enough games to stay up, we are going to have to keep a lot of clean sheets.

I think we can though.

It was noticeable for most of the first half how the defence were taking no chances with anything after Saturday (& with the state of our pitch) - hoof it was the order of the day and rightly so given the situation we're in.

It then sticks up top with Main and, especially, Holloway.

As frustrating (& poor to watch) as it was that Kelly & Palmer sat so deep first half all was well that ended well.

We should remain tight for these last 11 games which gives us a huge advantage over most of the terrible defences we're in competition to stay up with.

At least one of our forwards has got to come good, most probably Main. Forte will score some between now and May. Jones & Palmer have a goal in them as does Winchester, as does Dummigan. If the defenders can chip in with the odd one from corners we'll be laughing.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You miserable bastards..... it was the tightest of games nerves wise. A CLEAN SHEET..... well done Coleman dont see his name on here tonight? A 3 points that was ALL and possibly route to escape pod. Team picked to do a job we won....job done it was never going to be pretty was it? Put the ropes away please and whilst :censored: it was winning :censored:. Makes a change. Plus season ticket holders saved cash.

Those :censored:e loanees made a difference, Kelly booked a shame. We will now win on Saturday as nowt to really lose going for it even without Kelly.

If I'm not mistaken Kelly doesn't get suspended now.

You miserable bastards..... it was the tightest of games nerves wise. A CLEAN SHEET..... well done Coleman dont see his name on here tonight? A 3 points that was ALL and possibly route to escape pod. Team picked to do a job we won....job done it was never going to be pretty was it? Put the ropes away please and whilst :censored: it was winning :censored:. Makes a change. Plus season ticket holders saved cash.

Those :censored:e loanees made a difference, Kelly booked a shame. We will now win on Saturday as nowt to really lose going for it even without Kelly.

Kelly won't be out will he? I thought that was the idea of not playing him at Sheff Utd?

Worry is that out best players are loanees.

J Wilson, Jones & Forte were really poor tonight.

Won't get away with it on Saturday as we will need them firing on all cylinders.

I don't think that's a worry, we've got them until the end of the season which at this moment in time is all that matters.

Worry is that out best players are loanees.

J Wilson, Jones & Forte were really poor tonight.

Won't get away with it on Saturday as we will need them firing on all cylinders.

I know we all see a different game, but James Wilson 'really poor'? I don't think so.

I've never been £50 better off as a result of a Latics victory before

Back five all put in solid performances, Main and Holloway worked their socks off, Palmer grew better as the game went on and was the classiest on the pitch. Yes , a few were not at their best but we won a tense game and from now on its results that matter.

J Wilson ruins his own game by acting like a petulant child, had enough of him acting like a complete dick week in week out, Gerrard should of slapped him when he threatened to at home to Gillingham, he'd argue with his own shadow if he had nobody else to bitch too.

Forte is judged by higher standards than most. He didn't get a killer final ball in but he pressed his man back and gave us an outlet. B-Wils seemed under orders not to attack but Forte was baci plenty of times to cover. We had Danny there half the season if you want to remember what it's like to complain about something

Edited by leeslover

Forte is judged by higher standards than most. He didn't get a killer final ball in but he pressed his man back and gave us an outlet.

I'm not sure that's true. He was poor tonight by anyone's standards. Maybe it doesn't help having an unbalanced defence with B Wilson at left back who did OK but didn't get forward to support him often. Forte didn't beat his man all night that I can recall, was out muscled & lost 50-50scto him all night. On the occasion he did get a yard rather than cross he stopped and faced him up. Shez mentioned the pitch making it difficult to Forte to run on but that doesn't excuse poor decision making or lack of aggresuon & fight at times.

Jones is another who since Shez has come back looks a yard off the pace. Maybe the pitch doesn't help but neither look fit at all to me?

J Wilson ruins his own game by acting like a petulant child, had enough of him acting like a complete dick week in week out, Gerrard should of slapped him when he threatened to at home to Gillingham, he'd argue with his own shadow if he had nobody else to bitch too.

Been a revelation under shez for me and at right back.

Coleman – 7 (still needs to find some consistency with his handling, but he did look more assured in goal. Helped by how :censored:e Blackpool were offensively, though)

J. Wilson – 6 (steady enough, and though he is not a natural RB, he needs to run the flanks a bit more as there were times he’d be given the ball in acres but rather than take it forward he would hoof it every time)

Dieng – 7 (solid game and he’s coming on leaps and bounds with Gerrard next to him)

Gerrard – 7 (bossed their big striker, Ikpeazu, all evening)

B. Wilson – 6 (not a left footer but looked comfortable in defence and solid enough)

Jones – 6 (not the best game – still doesn’t look fit to me)

Kelly – 7 (standard Kelly performance really. Mopped up well but the odd stray pass)

Palmer – 7 (thought he was off the pace in the first half but improved in the 2nd and the finish was excellent. Do think he needs to get forward a little more though)

Forte – 5 (thought he was toss. Improved a tad in the 2nd half, but he just looks uninterested to me and has for some time)

Holloway – 8 (absolute mustard when it comes to touch, hold-up play and laying it off. If he could finish. That being said, if he could then he’d be Championship at a minimum.

Main – 8 (ran his tits off, could and should have scored, and looked better playing on the left late on. Edged Holloway for MOTM for me. Again, a bit of composure in his game wouldn’t go amiss)