Holloway, Main and Palmer

Why is it not working?

Holloway joined just before the Wigan game. 13 points out of 24.

Main joined just before first Blackpool game. 12 points out of 21.

They've started 4 games together. We've 10 points from 12 in those games.

Yeah let's change it...

That last stat stands out.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Journo is guessing. I know short term loans can usually be terminated but never known long term ones to be able. And found this when looking up on it:

https://m.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/3jhko7/recalling_players_from_loans/

Long Term Loan Transfers shall be for a full Playing Season; or from any date

prior to 31st August to any date between 1st and 31st January; or from any date

between 1st and 31st January (the January transfer window) to the end of the

Playing Season.

A Player on Long Term Loan may not be recalled, except for a goalkeeper or

where the Player is to be transferred permanently by the Club (or club) holding

his registered contract.

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-association/2015-16/038_standardised-rules.ashx

Fairly sure they can't and can only affect if a play can play against their parent club.

EDIT: Just seen that Curtis arrived on Feb 15th. Hmmmm...plot thickens...

2nd EDIT: Short Term Loans (up to 93 days) - Players other than goalkeepers may not be recalled within the first month, i.e. 28 days, of any loan

So it seems he might be able to be recalled. Would be a :censored:-trick if they did but wouldn't be surprised by it.

If they recall him and play him then it's fair game.

If they recall him and don't play him, it's a :censored: trick but I guess you do what you have to; to survive.

We wouldn't like it if one of our players was contributing to a relegation rivals success at our expense and if that was the case most fans would want us to recall said player.

Main and Holloway first half last night were OK - second half much better.

When you are 1-0 up and clear the ball to them, I have a high degree of confidence that it isn't coming back in the next 5 seconds.

I wish our midfield had more ambition at times - didn't get forward quickly enough often enough last night for me. With the front twos ability to retain possession we should have more confidence

When you are 1-0 up and clear the ball to them, I have a high degree of confidence that it isn't coming back in the next 5 seconds.

I wish our midfield had more ambition at times - didn't get forward quickly enough often enough last night for me. With the front twos ability to retain possession we should have more confidence

in the first half our midfield stood off there number 8 (potts) allowing him time to pass the ball about, in the second half we were much tighter on him allowing him no time,as a result he faded badly out of the game.

Spot on. There was several times last night where the ball was sent up to Hoolway and Main and they managed to hold it up, only to find themselves surrounded by 6 Blackpool players and no support from our midfield.

I Don't think our lack of goals is due to the strikers being poor finishers. We don't actually create many chances and I think that's because we don't get enough men forward when we have the ball. Probably a legacy of the defensive mindset of the first half of the season.

Not disputing that Main and Holloway have improved us, Main reminds me of Warne, never gives the ball up and Holloway is what Cassidy should've been. Playing them up front together isn't working though and won't cos their qualities don't include bagging the goals we'll need to stay up and ultimately that's what is going to cost us.

But playing with Murphy is the equivalent of playing with 10 men. He offers nothing.

Main played too far away from Holloway on Tuesday. I can see him being a great option out left. Holloway needs a smart partner up top. Main missed many of the knock downs etc Holloway won or caused. Both effective but can't see them working together well enough.

Main played too far away from Holloway on Tuesday. I can see him being a great option out left. Holloway needs a smart partner up top. Main missed many of the knock downs etc Holloway won or caused. Both effective but can't see them working together well enough.

Main doesnt read the flicks or layoffs but is a great defender for us. Forte needs replacing and Main to play wide left where he can blow out of his arse at times

The area that needs addressing next is wide midfield, Jones and Forte are shadows of the players they were last season and are being carried at times, both look injured, Jones in particular just doesn't look right, Shez has strengthened the spine of the team which was a necessity but our main problem now in an attacking sense is out wide.

The area that needs addressing next is wide midfield, Jones and Forte are shadows of the players they were last season and are being carried at times, both look injured, Jones in particular just doesn't look right, Shez has strengthened the spine of the team which was a necessity but our main problem now in an attacking sense is out wide.

Agree with this. Since his return from injury, Forte appears to have lost his main asset - his lightning pace. Without it he doesn't pose defenders many problems. Jones doesn't look the player he was last year but isn't really a wide player anyway.

Got a feeling that he'll be pressured into going back as his contract runs to the end of next season.

I don't know. He wan't playing, the fans don't like him. Seems he'd have to do very well to get a new deal. And that new deal looks like it would be in league 2.

He's doing alright here, in a team that looks more likely to stay up.

Whether or not we'll be able to meet his wage requirements he'll be catching the eye of other clubs, especially if he can start scoring....

Agree with this. Since his return from injury, Forte appears to have lost his main asset - his lightning pace. Without it he doesn't pose defenders many problems. Jones doesn't look the player he was last year but isn't really a wide player anyway.

That old, and incorrect, chestnut again...

He is well used to playing wide for his previous clubs.

Was it Dunn that said he preferred to play on the wing? And Shez's interview today said he was playing too wide in the first half on Saturday and Shez told him to play more centrally.