cant believe we are still in relegation zone!

Interesting to hear that scout report, but their away record (despite losing on Saturday) is W11 D6 L2 which is vastly better than their home form. I wouldn't be surprised if Saturday was a blip for them, although hopefully it isn't!

Absolutely fair that, and he has watched them at home more than away.

He is pretty unimpressed by League 1 in general.

Reckons (and did so 3 months ago) that Wigan are the best side by a country mile and there are a real shortage of player options that could make the step up to Championship level. They were watching Max Power and Yanic Wildscut as a couple of the few they felt could improve them. Thankfully he hasn't graced any of our games yet, ha ha!!

If we can just stay up there is a real chance to kick on next year.....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest league win since? ...

Win both halves for the first time since? ...

I thought we were second best first half.

We were by far the better side second half though.

Last time we won by more than 1 goal was the Mansfield replay in the cup last November (2-0). Last time in the league believe it or not was Rochdale at home last March (3-0)!!!

As far as I can see that Dale game was also the last time we won both halves.

When you put it like that it really highlights what a miserable year or so it's been (pre-Shezurrection of course).

Our current form over 10 games gives us 82 over the season.

Is it me or is that ridiculous?

Don't worry lads we are going up next year

Imagine if SC had appointed Shez during the off season and given him a half decent striker.

promotion standard football

not having to panic sell the clause for Tarkowski

the money for which would have seen the new stand being finished with positives vibes instead of vitriolic frustration

it was all within our grasp without a massive outlay of cash

* sigh*

Our current form over 10 games gives us 82 over the season.

Is it me or is that ridiculous?

Don't worry lads we are going up next year

There are some Leicester fans who felt the same last season and foolishly bet hard earned cash on it ;-)

Seriously - last night was a performance that gives me real optimsm. Mostly the improvement unde Shez has been grinding results out rather than impressing, but last night was genuinely enjoyable.

Felt we benefited from having only one of Main/Holloway, they are the perfect foil to other players.

Main / Palmer (rarely wasted the ball again) / Gerrard and Kelly particularly impressed last night

We were alright in the 2nd half to be fair. Matty Palmer must go down as one of the best finds by a manager ever.

The more this run goes on, the more annoyed I get with Corney. Sheridan was available in the summer and he opted for them those knobheads...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

We were alright in the 2nd half to be fair. Matty Palmer must go down as one of the best finds by a manager ever.

The more this run goes on, the more annoyed I get with Corney. Sheridan was available in the summer and he opted for them two knobheads...

Please.

It's "those two knobheads..."

When we haven't won we have gone to the top 2 and give them both a game, stopped them both from scoring and had key players missing in both games, this squad is night and day from when either Kelly or Dunn were doing the best to relegate us and blame everyone but themselves.

Are there not a few on here who swear blind that winning whilst outnumbered in midfield is literally impossible?

In reality we weren't for long periods.

We were cleverly set up with Jones and Palmer very narrow when they had the ball and Main and Forte tucked deeper.

What we did very well was then press as a front 6 after they inevitably played the shorter pass into midfield or to the often available wide player.

They had to look longer at some point but steadfastly refused to do so which meant by the hour mark we knew exactly where the ball was going.

What it did mean was that our fullbacks were seriously exposed on occasion - in both halves despite our second half dominance - but it was a risk ultimately worth taking.

Full marks to Sheridan - We set up perfectly last night - and also to Dieng who was superb at filling in the space on the rare occasions we didn't win it which allowed the rest to quickly reset.

Excellent performance and onto Saturday...

Edited by whitey1980

Nice to have four teams looking over their shoulders at us. If Shez keeps the February and March form going through April we will be able to relax in May.

Yes, it would be nice to have the pressure off for the Coventry game.

In reality we weren't for long periods.

We were cleverly set up with Jones and Palmer very narrow when they had the ball and Main and Forte tucked deeper.

What we did very well was then press as a front 6 after they inevitably played the shorter pass into midfield or to the often available wide player.

They had to look longer at some point but steadfastly refused to do so which meant by the hour mark we knew exactly where the ball was going.

What it did mean was that our fullbacks were seriously exposed on occasion - in both halves despite our second half dominance - but it was a risk ultimately worth taking.

Full marks to Sheridan - We set up perfectly last night - and also to Dieng who was superb at filling in the space on the rare occasions we didn't win it which allowed the rest to quickly reset.

Excellent performance and onto Saturday...

We were in the first half an hour of the first half I think; as you rightly pointed out Jones and Palmer played very narrow so they had a lot of joy down the wings in that period just because we didn't press them fast enough in the centre. Full marks to Shez for spotting this and changing it however and we soon made sure they had no space in the middle - led by a brilliant Kelly performance (and Dieng was very good too).

The more this run goes on, the more annoyed I get with Corney. Sheridan was available in the summer and he opted for them those knobheads...

I agree when we appointed Dunn, Kelly was slightly different as our "recruitment search" had happened in the months when Shez was chasing promotion with Plymouth.

However when Shez's name was mentioned here after Kelly was sacked there was still a fair amount of people on here who said no thanks. Probably more than half.

Corney and the board screwed things up massively last year and picked the wrong managers, but picking Shez at the time wasn't a black and white choice. I'm just glad they made amends before we were completely dead and buried.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I agree when we appointed Dunn, Kelly was slightly different as our "recruitment search" had happened in the months when Shez was chasing promotion with Plymouth.

However when Shez's name was mentioned here after Kelly was sacked there was still a fair amount of people on here who said no thanks. Probably more than half.

Corney and the board screwed things up massively last year and picked the wrong managers, but picking Shez at the time wasn't a black and white choice.

We could have just picked a proper manager in the summer though, if not Sheridan. A proper manager all season and we would be 10 points better off now, easily.

However when Shez's name was mentioned here after Kelly was sacked there was still a fair amount of people on here who said no thanks. Probably more than half..

Honest enough to admit I was in the No camp relating to Shez last summer.

Never a fan of going back and still think he is not a particularly endearing chap in front of a camera.

But when we needed a manager this season - he was perfect. And now 15 games in, happy to be wrong and now want him long term.