cant believe we are still in relegation zone!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 clean sheets out of 5 now is it?

We've got it right in our half of the pitch and we are being rewarded for sticking with a young keeper who still has alot to learn but the game time plus the clean sheets are building him up and are vital for his development.

I'm convinced it's Blackpool that will go down they are in so much turmoil it must be having an effect on the team.

Edited by GlossopLatic

A couple of times in the 1st half I thought we might get turned over, both full backs were having a torrid time, the goal to put us in front was a superb cross from Forte who had his best game this season for us tonight, worked his socks off and deserves a lot of credit for sticking with it when the centre half was constantly trying to have his shirt.

2nd half we looked by far the better side and it looked like for all our pressure we weren't going to get a 2nd but fair play to Main for getting to the ball before the goalie, he frustrated me at times tonight but you cant fault his work rate.

The midfield looked a lot tighter although Kelly needs to work on his shooting in practice. Well done, on to Saturday.

Best attacking display for a long while. Deserved to win and by at least 2 goals. All played well, can't really fault anyone not even fat boy croft for his 4 minute shift

Midfield win the battle tonight with thought that was key as meant we controlled the game and even forte and main looked dangerous tonight. Top win but a lot of fixtures coming up so will be difficult to keep up

Oddly enough, I learned yesterday that my dad suffered a mild heart attack on the bus on the way to the game a few weeks ago. He said that he felt like he was checking out.

He actually went to the game!

Edited by L1onheartNew

Wow! I not only enjoyed the result (obviously) but the performance - the best feeling I've had walking away from BP in a while.

Kelly in particular was brilliant - they outnumbered us in midfield but he was everywhere and negated that, a fantastic showing. And how good was Forte, the first half especially. Absolutely buzzing tonight!

Win the game in hand and we jump up four places. It's Walsall on Saturday and I hope we keep the momentum going

Walsall will be a very different prospect to Swindon and Blackpool. They are up their and have the best away record in the division. I think we can get something out of the game but a win would be a superb result!!!

Offer me a draw now and I'll take it.

Liam Kelly has been absolutely awful (like the rest of them) Him and Jones have had the biggest falls in form ever.

But kelly was phenomenal tonight. Apart from the play acting that really frustrates me, he was everywhere and first to the ball on every occasion. Lead by example just needs to get his shooting boots on he's :censored:e at shooting.

Walsall will be a very different prospect to Swindon and Blackpool. They are up their and have the best away record in the division. I think we can get something out of the game but a win would be a superb result!!!

Our form over 6 games is as good as theirs, over 10 games its better. I want 3 points.

A good friend of mine is a scout at Birmingham City who has watched Walsall a lot due to interest they have in a couple of their younger players.

After the game on Saturday when he was at Bramhall Lane he described them as absolutely terrible. "Came for a 0-0, and continued to play that way at 2-0 down. Play two fullbacks as wingbacks and leave the front man completely isolated..."

I don't see any reason (especially after matching them away) that we shouldn't be looking for, and expecting the win.

A good friend of mine is a scout at Birmingham City who has watched Walsall a lot due to interest they have in a couple of their younger players.

After the game on Saturday when he was at Bramhall Lane he described them as absolutely terrible. "Came for a 0-0, and continued to play that way at 2-0 down. Play two fullbacks as wingbacks and leave the front man completely isolated..."

I don't see any reason (especially after matching them away) that we shouldn't be looking for, and expecting the win.

Interesting to hear that scout report, but their away record (despite losing on Saturday) is W11 D6 L2 which is vastly better than their home form. I wouldn't be surprised if Saturday was a blip for them, although hopefully it isn't!

Main was MOM for me. As good as Holloway is, Forte's pace and positioning really helped Curtis tonight. His goal was Horlicks and would have pissed DRFC right off!

Dieng also had an absolute belter, as did Forte until he was rested.

Kelly was on one tonight, his enigmatic self came through in the end as he acted the bully which worked for the most part but at times, his less than favourable antics were at least replicated by theirs, so he won out for me in the end, with bells on!

Absolutely loved it tonight!