cant believe we are still in relegation zone!

still think he is not a particularly endearing chap in front of a camera.

Eh?

His Latics Player interviews are one of the highlights of my week...

Cagey but honest, funny, interesting, self deprecating, rousing.

What do you want - some media trained smooth talking bull:censored:ter saying nothing?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest enough to admit I was in the No camp relating to Shez last summer.

But when we needed a manager this season - he was perfect. And now 15 games in, happy to be wrong and now want him long term.

This, I was in the no camp too - now I want him at the club for a few years at least, bringing through some youth players.

:lol:

The stare and pause Shez gives him after a question he doesn't like is great.

He did it the other night after the Swindon game.

G. And the fans the fans were great again. .

Shez just stared at him.

S. Why do you keep asking me about the fans? I know the fans are great.

Awkward.

Pissed my sides.

He did it the other night after the Swindon game.

G. And the fans the fans were great again. .

Shez just stared at him.

S. Why do you keep asking me about the fans? I know the fans are great.

Awkward.

Pissed my sides.

It's a typical northerners sense of humour...Shez has the relationships and respect in place with all the old heads that he can be like that. Things all feel as roses as they have in a long while...even more so than the highs under LJ. We all knew that LJ was capable of more from early on and deep down knew he wouldn't stay when they did. Whereas I think JS will be here for as long as we will have him and reward him appropriately he strikes me as a man of simple pleasures that isn't necessarily focused on becoming a high flying manager but wants a job where he is appreciated and is close to home.

It's a typical northerners sense of humour...Shez has the relationships and respect in place with all the old heads that he can be like that. Things all feel as roses as they have in a long while...even more so than the highs under LJ. We all knew that LJ was capable of more from early on and deep down knew he wouldn't stay when they did. Whereas I think JS will be here for as long as we will have him and reward him appropriately he strikes me as a man of simple pleasures that isn't necessarily focused on becoming a high flying manager but wants a job where he is appreciated and is close to home.

This is it for me and why Shez was the right choice. No matter what happens this season hell be staying and we'll have some continuity next season whatever division we're in. Even if he does achieve promotion in the future I doubt his head would be turned at the first bigger job. Any new kid on the block such as Dickov, Johnson, Kelly or Dunn - one bit of success and they'd be off. Shez knows he's got the long term backing of the majority of fans. It's also good for our expectations. The majority will be more understanding of a long term plan for gains each year as they can be pretty confident Shez will stick around to see it through. Johnson :censored:ed off as soon as we had a decent couple of months so any long term plan was back to square one.

If he does well with us and a Sheff Weds or another Championship club, or a big League One club for that matter, come calling he'll be off and rightly so.

He won't do a Johnson to Barnsley though........

If he does well with us and a Sheff Weds or another Championship club, or a big League One club for that matter, come calling he'll be off and rightly so.

I can't imagine him resisting Sheff Wednesday. Joe had Everton, Shez walks on water in the Wendies eyes. If that does happen, it means he must have continued his fantastic work with us.

I'm not so sure...I think we are Shez's level of club. Dreams of getting to the championship as opposed to dreams of getting back into the Prem (Sheff Weds). I might be underestimating the ambitions of the guy completely though.

I don't know which big League One club he would go to. Its not like he'd want to got to Sheffield United, or be very welcome. Couldn't see him going somewhere like Coventry.

Wednesday or Leeds though, I could see being very attractive to him.

I don't know which big League One club he would go to. Its not like he'd want to got to Sheffield United, or be very welcome. Couldn't see him going somewhere like Coventry.

Wednesday or Leeds though, I could see being very attractive to him.

Villa the season after next maybe...

Guest nonaenever

Shez signed up for 2.5 years - the fans utterly adore him - he's here to stay - he will see us progress pretty swiftly and we will be a Championship club within the next 3 years or so - if Corney doesn't secure his long term future at the club and can't finally see that a "polished corporate style CV" means f.ck all - then Lord help us !

Dunn managed 3 points from 9 home games, Shez has 16 from 8. Whilst improvement was expected the scale of it has been simply sublime. I've been critical of Corney and thought the appointment had come too late given how low on confidence we were under DD, but credit where credit's due. Just 11 weeks ago we were 8 points adrift and level on points with Crewe (who are already down)! There's positivity at the club for the first time in over 12 months, if we add a few players in the summer and take this form into next season who knows...

Dunn managed 3 points from 9 home games, Shez has 16 from 8. Whilst improvement was expected the scale of it has been simply sublime. I've been critical of Corney and thought the appointment had come too late given how low on confidence we were under DD, but credit where credit's due. Just 11 weeks ago we were 8 points adrift and level on points with Crewe (who are already down)! There's positivity at the club for the first time in over 12 months, if we add a few players in the summer and take this form into next season who knows...

Currently watching Leicseter City on TV. Ended last season in a similar way to we are ending this.

Just saying.