On to Barnsley

Looking forward to this one - always meet up with a few Barnsley mates for beer and banter before the game.

Think that we stand a good chance of getting something from the game.

How much are tickets and any thoughts on how many we will take?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Free game" it maybe, but a lot of talk has been about momentum and losing that is something that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Barnsely by all accounts are not playing that well currently and despite the league position probably don't have a lot to play for as the gap to the Top 6 is substantial at this stage of the season.

If the worst did happen then hopefully the crunch nature of the following fixture, plus an incredibly noisy away following would be enough to regain our belief.

Genuinely believe that by 5:00pm on Saturday we could put ourselves all but safe.

Guest nonaenever

TBH - I think maybe only about 400-500 at Barnsley. Suspect a lot of people are saving their money for the "invasion of Fleetwood" (invasion in a nice way of course).

With Palmer gone, I'd go for:

Coleman

B Wilson

J Wilson

Gerrard

THD

Kelly

Dieng

Dummigan

Winchester

Forte

Main

Solid team that could hit them on the break. Should get at least a point.

Jones looked decent on Sat so he should retain his place

They were all :censored: in the first half, but Jones stood out for me in 2nd half.

there was an injury in the first half being dealt with (Wilson getting booted in the face iirc) and the players took the opportunity to get a drink. Shez was having a go at Jones, and you could see the frustration on his face as it appeared that he thought he was basically having to mark 2 men for one reason or another. That in turn caught him out positionally speaking once or twice, which Shez was alluding to. In my opinion the character in him showed true, as like you say he sorted himself out, and in particular, came out in the 2nd half as good as we've seen from him this season. That's how I interpreted it anyway ha ha

Edited by thetramdriver

He looks slightly lost in the attacking third out wide, but is really effective defensively as Tareiqqqq looks slightly suspect defensively. A couple of dives in the second half were shocking! And why didnt he shoot???

Still Winchester for Palmer, straight swap, no need to mess with the rest of the team