With Green coming in I can't see Winchester getting much game time again this season and I think it was probably a little premature giving him the No.10 shirt.

A season long loan to a 2nd division club might be best for both parties....if he can find one!

How about he gets his arse into gear and fights for a first team spot?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Green coming in I can't see Winchester getting much game time again this season and I think it was probably a little premature giving him the No.10 shirt.

A season long loan to a 2nd division club might be best for both parties....if he can find one!

Banks, Green, Flynn & Winchester is the starting midfield surely?

Swap deal for me, could get a set of corner flags.....be more useful. Had his chances and wasted most of them apart from a one month spell during 14/15. Bluddy hell, I'd play Croft instead of him....that's how highly I rate Winchester.

He's going nowhere.

Klok, Woodland, Croft are basically on extended trials, and I wonder whether Klok and Woodland will stay, or if they were emergency signings to fill the space in case we couldn't get anymore. Meaning our actual contracted midfielders are Banks, Flynn, Winiesta, Green (Croft sounds like he has impressed in preseason, so will stay) and a couple of kids.

Winch-Green-Banks-Flynn?

Or:

Green

Banks Flynn

Winch

Green and Winchester are chalk and cheese, if I've read correctly.

The introduction of Green should have no bearing on Winchester's position at the club...

Luckily for him, he's got as much right to be a starter as the rest of this newly-assembled side: none.

He's going nowhere.

Klok, Woodland, Croft are basically on extended trials, and I wonder whether Klok and Woodland will stay, or if they were emergency signings to fill the space in case we couldn't get anymore. Meaning our actual contracted midfielders are Banks, Flynn, Winiesta, Green (Croft sounds like he has impressed in preseason, so will stay) and a couple of kids.

Winch-Green-Banks-Flynn?

Or:

Green

Banks Flynn

Winch

People really have to cut this Winiesta :censored: out.

On the basis of what, exactly, should Winchester get a start? He's obviously shown bugger all in training or else he would have featured more in the friendlies to date. As it stands, Robinson hasn't seen fit to try him in any midfield combinations. Time to get rid.

That shouldn't be happening given the length of Klok & Woodlands deals unless they suddenly start pulling up trees between now and Millwall

Didn't get on again today and Klok is injured. Can't be showing much in training, and its not as if the starters are pulling up any trees. With the first game only a week away he must now be well down the pecking order.

Winchester gives me the impression of being a good footballer but one who does not enjoy being a footballer. Why should we be surprised that a percentage of footballers don't like being footballers just as a percentage of teachers or engineers don't like being a teacher or engineer.,

Didn't get on again today and Klok is injured. Can't be showing much in training, and its not as if the starters are pulling up any trees. With the first game only a week away he must now be well down the pecking order.

Law on the bench, the right back spot seems to troubling SR.

Guest nonaenever

A talented lad, no doubt but done nothing for us in a long, long time (except, of course, his away goal at Shrewsbury last season which kick started our revival really !). Perhaps just gone stale and a move would do him the world of good. Would wish him all the best but be no loss to Latics now.