• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overrated by some,cos he's "one of our own"

Get rid.

This. And he wasn't even "one of our own", came through Linfield's youth system IIRC. He's clearly a talented player and I've genuinely nothing against him, but he's never lived up to the potential.

Let him go...there's only so long a player can have potential before it needs to be shown. As much as i want him to succeed here, i don't think he will.

I do, however, feel a spell somewhere else may kickstart his career. Thanks carl but on your bike!

Hasn't he got another year on his deal left?

If clubs are willing to pay up their contracts let him and the other contracted non performers go.

Edited by BP1960

I'd rather have an obese Lee croft.

So would i. At least we can use him to keep the pitch flat.

Winchester has talent, but he's no athlete. No stamina. No pace. Not very strong. Powderpuff. We've got too many powderpuff players.

Sheridan shook the hands of Poleon and Dieng when they came off - just said a brief word to Winchester

The lad looked worn out , though why it's hard to say. One of his worst performances today in a poor season.

Has he cut the Benson and Hedges out yet?

Not sure about that, but he loves a pizza! He's a regular in mamma pizza in Shaw. He was in on a friday night a few weeks ago.

I'd give him another year as he showed enough last season that in the right circumstances he can be a key player for us at this level. Shez being in charge is the best circumstances he'll get so he needs to prove himself from the beginning of next season or he'll be out.

He's had a poor season, but in the first half of the season the majority of players under performed so I'd be inclined to look at the managing first. No excuse this year.

The lad has lost his way and has wasted what could have been a massive season for him.

At the start of the season I was convinced he was going to have a good season, after last season and the fact he was in with a shout of playing at the Euros what more motivation did he need?

In my opinion he should go, maybe for himself as much as us. I'm hard pushed to make a case for keeping many of the players who have been here the last 2-3 years including Winchester

• 2 months later...

With Green coming in I can't see Winchester getting much game time again this season and I think it was probably a little premature giving him the No.10 shirt.

A season long loan to a 2nd division club might be best for both parties....if he can find one!

With Green coming in I can't see Winchester getting much game time again this season and I think it was probably a little premature giving him the No.10 shirt.

A season long loan to a 2nd division club might be best for both parties....if he can find one!

And what if Klock or Green get injured?

He stays as backup and is told to fight for his place in the team if he doesn't in 12 months that's when to move him on.