Why would Everton loan him out? He wouldn't be our first choice as there still areas of his game that he's developing so why would they want him to sit on our bench?

He may not be on the bench.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Three youth product keepers in the leagues above, inc. 2 in the PL.

Well done TP and White. Very impressive.

How anybody can get hysterical about this one...

Who is the 3rd one? Racking my brain, but can only think of Coleman & Renshaw.

Agree with a lot of what you say but, if he's got that apparently obvious quality he's got, how's he managed to get to 19 without being offered a professional contract? He'd have no doubt signed a year ago and, if he had, he'd still probably be off but we'd be getting a negotiated fee for him.

That's the only thing that you could possibly gripe with the club about I think, but it seems to be a policy that we offer all our youth scholars a contract after their two years are up. We could probably do better with that but at the same time there's always the risk that someone has a stinker in the second half of their scholarship, gets injured or loses their motivation because of it etc. I just don't think you can blame the club for this one, we don't have the resources to be able to offer youth products a pro contract with a year to go on their scholarship with the risks that that entails.

• 2 weeks later...