Well I don't claim to know how selling a football club works but for example, if Corney puts us on the market at X amount including all assets (playing staff, stadium etc), then he could sell all our players for whatever amount before selling the club for the same X amount.

Just because the sale of the club includes all assets doesn't necessarily mean he'll leave any player wise.

I suppose its like selling your house with all the fixtures in, then taking the light bulbs with you on moving day.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Payments for every 10 first team appearances he makes up to 100 appearances. A potential maximum of £1.3m in the PL.

Also potentially a 20% sell on relating to transfers before 23 years of age and a 5% loan fee (conditions attached).

Yeah, I saw that in the terms, I was counting it as part of the fixed formula.

Payments for every 10 first team appearances he makes up to 100 appearances. A potential maximum of £1.3m in the PL.

Also potentially a 20% sell on relating to transfers before 23 years of age and a 5% loan fee (conditions attached).

Can SC buy out the sell on fee now?

Which we will sell back for peanuts....

oh for the last time im im not going any where for a swop deal ffs cant i recuperate from this broken wrist without being offered as part of every deal

i know i will get my coat

is this standard? As part of every deal? Not bad I reckon, especially in respect that he's not actually signed on with us

is this standard? As part of every deal? Not bad I reckon, especially in respect that he's not actually signed on with us

I thought the 20% sell-on clause applied to amounts over and above the EPPP payment, and only in the case of international transfers (if its point 283.2 we're talking about here) - "...if the Academy Player’s registration is transferred prior to his twenty-third birthday to a club affiliated to a national association other than the Football Association (save for any Welsh club which is a member of the League, the Football League or the Premier Division of the Football Conference), 20% of any Compensation Fee, Loan Fee and Contingent Sum that the Applicant Club receives..."

For domestic transfers I think it's 5% - point 283.3 - "5% of all Compensation Fees, Loan Fees and Contingent Sums paid in respect of: 283.3.1. all future transfers of the Academy Player’s registration to Clubs (or clubs) in membership of the League, the Football League or the Premier Division of the Football Conference; and 283.3.2. all future transfers on loan to a club affiliated to a national association other than the Football Association (save for any Welsh club which is a member of the League, the Football League or the Premier Division of the Football Conference)."

EPPP compensation I think, if he hadn't signed his pro contract. On the Coleman thread I came up with a very rough and ready estimate that it'd be about £65,000 (assuming certain things about our academy and how long he's been here).

Is it really worth while running a youth system these days after the greedy PL clubs changed the payments. Why not just pick up ex PL youth players who have been let go. Why should clubs like ours bring kids up and when they look promising a PL club comes along and takes them off us for peanuts.

Is it really worth while running a youth system these days after the greedy PL clubs changed the payments. Why not just pick up ex PL youth players who have been let go. Why should clubs like ours bring kids up and when they look promising a PL club comes along and takes them off us for peanuts.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it put to us fans, around when this new system was brought in, whether we should ditch the academy and just bring in players as you suggest or keep what we had?

Wait for all Corneys gimps to come on here telling us how we've never had it so good.

I wonder when it will sink in that not being anti Corney doesn't make you blindingly pro Corney at all costs. If Corney left right now we'd be utterly :censored:ed rather than just in the :censored:.

The real difference is some of us don't revel in this drama.

Edited by singe

Others can correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it put to us fans, around when this new system was brought in, whether we should ditch the academy and just bring in players as you suggest or keep what we had?

The idea was to make millions like Crewe, not give them away.

I wonder when it will sink in that not being anti Corney doesn't make you blindingly pro Corney at all costs. If Corney left right now we'd be utterly :censored:ed rather than just in the :censored:.

The real difference is some of us don't revel in this drama.

I suppose if Simon Corney left we would be replaced by a more aggressive Administrator. The football side of the club has been run as if in Administration since Blitz packed his bags, the property division meanwhile has operated in growth mode.

The idea was to make millions like Crewe, not give them away.

What do you mean 'give them away'? He is a young footballer who has been given the opportunity to join a Premier League club, and an established one at that. Renshaw is out of contract and if you seriously think that we are able to compete with a club like Everton in terms of offering a new deal then I don't know what to say. Even if the terms were equal then Everton are clearly the higher draw - better training facilities and coaching, the opportunity to potentially play in the Prem and the chance to learn from established goalkeepers at one of the top ten biggest clubs in the country. This isn't something to moan about - we should just be pleased for the lad that he's moving on to better things. The only disappointing thing here is that we won't get the chance to see someone who is obviously a big talent play for our first team.

Well I don't claim to know how selling a football club works but for example, if Corney puts us on the market at X amount including all assets (playing staff, stadium etc), then he could sell all our players for whatever amount before selling the club for the same X amount.

Just because the sale of the club includes all assets doesn't necessarily mean he'll leave any player wise.

He'd have to find a right mug to pull that one with

What do you mean 'give them away'? He is a young footballer who has been given the opportunity to join a Premier League club, and an established one at that. Renshaw is out of contract and if you seriously think that we are able to compete with a club like Everton in terms of offering a new deal then I don't know what to say. Even if the terms were equal then Everton are clearly the higher draw - better training facilities and coaching, the opportunity to potentially play in the Prem and the chance to learn from established goalkeepers at one of the top ten biggest clubs in the country. This isn't something to moan about - we should just be pleased for the lad that he's moving on to better things. The only disappointing thing here is that we won't get the chance to see someone who is obviously a big talent play for our first team.

Agree with a lot of what you say but, if he's got that apparently obvious quality he's got, how's he managed to get to 19 without being offered a professional contract? He'd have no doubt signed a year ago and, if he had, he'd still probably be off but we'd be getting a negotiated fee for him.

How is it then Crewe manage to make millions up front from their star youth products? under your criteria all could have gone for tribunal fees to the Premiership if turning down the clubs offer of contracts.

Edited by BP1960

Crewe are in debt because of a lack of player sales. Their last big sale was in 2013. (Source.)

I'd imagine the sales before that made big money because they were contracted first team players. You could blame our club for not giving youngsters a chance sooner but honestly how many could have made it?

And none of this really applies to Renshaw, who would probably never have got near the first team even this season. I think JA11K has it spot on about Renshaw.

Crewe are in debt because of a lack of player sales. Their last big sale was in 2013. (Source.)

I'd imagine the sales before that made big money because they were contracted first team players. You could blame our club for not giving youngsters a chance sooner but honestly how many could have made it?

And none of this really applies to Renshaw, who would probably never have got near the first team even this season. I think JA11K has it spot on about Renshaw.

Iv'e seen Renshaw many times, IMO he's a far better prospect than Coleman, it would be no surprise to me to see him back here on loan next season.

If Crewe's star players were contracted then ask yourself why Renshaw wasn't?

Iv'e seen Renshaw many times, IMO he's a far better prospect than Coleman, it would be no surprise to me to see him back here on loan next season.

Why would Everton loan him out? He wouldn't be our first choice as there still areas of his game that he's developing so why would they want him to sit on our bench?