New Signing

Winchester

Kelly

Byrnes

Murphy

Cassidy

New Signing

Just 5 more needed.

If the missing 5 are De Gea, Kyle Walker, John Stones, Danny Rose and Lionel Messi we have a shot at avoiding relegation.

Bit too young to have remembered him properly, aside from the headbutt I was watching a compilation of Zidane the other day. Now, very big pinch of salt in hand, the way Winchester carries himself with the ball had echoes of Zidane's style to me. Properly classical footballer. Doesn't necessarily use skills like a Ronaldinho winger type - seems to all be in the body. All agility and jinking rather than pace or trickery. He'd be some player to watch in full flight. Think that's why there's such hysteria about him at times. Everyone is desperate to watch him at his best.

Other thing is, with the debates elsewhere about players who show early potential being lost to bigger clubs almost immediately, I suppose we have to accept that the ones who come through are likely to be more transitional and less consistent. Up to the player to go past that stage of development, like Tarky managed to do with the help of Johnson.

Bit too young to have remembered him properly, aside from the headbutt I was watching a compilation of Zidane the other day. Now, very big pinch of salt in hand, the way Winchester carries himself with the ball had echoes of Zidane's style to me. Properly classical footballer. Doesn't necessarily use skills like a Ronaldinho winger type - seems to all be in the body. All agility and jinking rather than pace or trickery. He'd be some player to watch in full flight. Think that's why there's such hysteria about him at times. Everyone is desperate to watch him at his best.

Other thing is, with the debates elsewhere about players who show early potential being lost to bigger clubs almost immediately, I suppose we have to accept that the ones who come through are likely to be more transitional and less consistent. Up to the player to go past that stage of development, like Tarky managed to do with the help of Johnson.

Only downside here is Winchester doesn't move forward with the ball only sideways and backwards. He has no conviction in anything he does and lacks self-belief and drive. He is too happy smoking and drinking and being able to call himself a professional footballer. My family are from Northern Ireland and I've been his biggest advocate for years but enough is enough.

Zidane on the other hand knew how good he was and knew exactly what he was going to do before he'd even received the ball. Zidane was one of the greatest players to have ever played the game but because he was a midfielder not a striker he won't be remembered as such.

Team starting to take shape

New Signing

New Signing

Edmundson

New Signing

New Signing

Winchester

Kelly

Byrnes

Murphy

Cassidy

New Signing

Just 5 more needed.

O' Neill (youth team)

Mantack (youth team)

Edmundson

Stott (youth team)

Middleton (youth team)

Knight (youth team)

Winchester

Kelly

Byrnes

Murphy

Cassidy

Looking good. :wink:

Was it this bad when Chris Moore left? No - we had saleable assets and more players!

We had a manager through the initial maelstrom. We had a core squad. We had, believe it or not, 4 stands and gates of 7,000.

Youve already won the the most ridiculous post of the day award which was some going consdering the time you posted...

Id change your username to unreal.

is everyone assuming that the players that we offered contracts to are not going to sign?

Wilsons etc

has anyone offciially turned an offer down yet?

If they've any sense they'll be seeking out alternatives while waiting to see who our new manager is.

Zidane had the strength of 10 men.

Winnie doesn't have the strength of 10 matchsticks

Anyone else feeling admin is looking very likely?

Almost certainly some people are but it doesn't mean they are correct . Some have been saying it for years but it hasn't happened.

Am not being complacent but there seem to be continuing efforts not to go into admin,

Having just read the Chron article, I'd have to say I'm worried, because it suggests to me that the season ticket money (minus what they had to give back) has been spent already. Normally that money sustains a club through the summer when there is little other income.

The sale of Coleman and compensation for Sheridan and Renshaw might allow the club to pay June's wages but what about July, assuming we sign some players who'll want paying ?

I can't help feeling that the club is currently living a hand to mouth existence, just trying to cobble together enough money to pay the bills to get through another month at a time.

I can't understand why football clubs seem so untouchable when it comes to employment practices and financial fluidity.

If any other company continually failed to pay employees on time whilst owners agreed undisclosed deals then there would be serious questions asked. IM NOT SUGGESTING ANYTHING DODGY IS GONG ON WITH US HERE BY THE WAY BUT IVE PERSONALLY DONT UNDERSTAND WHY DEALS ARE UNDISCLOSED BUT PRESUMABLY IT WILL DECLARED IN OUR BOOKS. I'm assuming the creditors who shout loudest get paid first to prevent and winding up orders then the players and staff paid last.

This is the proverbial 'pope being Catholic' but we are even more hand to mouth when it comes to income, expenditure, profit and loss. Wasn't it stated only a matter if months ago that the club turned a profit last season after our cloth was cut accordingly, we've done a number of deals outgoing for undisclosed amounts yet there is a definite uncertainty over the financial future of our club.

Does our Trust representative on the board see the books and can assure us fans?

We seriously need to look at new owners; ones who own the club as a going concern paying the going rate minus and assets on the agreement that they rent the stadium from Blitz for matchdays. Corney has kept us afloat but were dying a slow death here and perhaps a complete disassociation of club owners with the stadium owners is needed?!

Edited by Midsblue