EFL Trophy - Premier League Academies in...

Never minded the JPT personally. Bit of midweek football and a chance for fringe players to get a game (or run around for 90 seconds and get red carded).

But this is :censored:. West Brom reserves away on a Tuesday? Nah.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those suggesting we put our Youth teams in, because of brilliant negotiation capitulation, we have to field full strength teams with a moveable definition for anyone that tries to get round the regs, whereas the Prem teams don't. rule 7.5.

CkqPQmUWEAANxHB.jpg

Yep, the irony of that :censored:ty 'strong team' rule to uphold the integrity of the competition, then PL teams come in with their 4th string side.

These kind of decisions by OUR club to allow this to happen detach me further from the regime. They literally don't give a single flying :censored: about fans, do they.

Those suggesting we put our Youth teams in, because of brilliant negotiation capitulation, we have to field full strength teams with a moveable definition for anyone that tries to get round the regs, whereas the Prem teams don't. rule 7.5.

CkqPQmUWEAANxHB.jpg

This has serious potential beyond the initial laugh and giggle

squad of 15 players from the OAFC fan base paying a fee of 500 pounds to get an official first team game against Man Utd or Chelsea (subject to medical). They get to keep their kit and other mementos for ever. Once in a life time opportunity because the football league will sure as hell change the rules afterwards.

Sure we may loose 35 - 0 but it will actually be a financial win for the club, a big FU to money football and a life long memory for the 'chosen' fans.

Do it!

squad of 15 players from the OAFC fan base paying a fee of 500 pounds to get an official first team game against Man Utd or Chelsea (subject to medical). They get to keep their kit and other mementos for ever. Once in a life time opportunity because the football league will sure as hell change the rules afterwards.

Sure we may loose 35 - 0 but it will actually be a financial win for the club, a big FU to money football and a life long memory for the 'chosen' fans.

Do it!

Im behind this. Would be a big statement and middle finger to the authorities! Even if its the club happy to stump up the 5k. Be nice to take a principled stand on something that would damn near have full backing of our fans and other clubs fans.

Im behind this. Would be a big statement and middle finger to the authorities! Even if its the club happy to stump up the 5k. Be nice to take a principled stand on something that would damn near have full backing of our fans and other clubs fans.

Must be a local business or any business willing to cover that fine to stick 2 fingers up to a :censored: regime. The club would raise loads as well

Sign some retired Latics legends on a match to match basis, they would beat the Prem kids. Who would you choose who could still do a job?

Sign some retired Latics legends on a match to match basis, they would beat the Prem kids. Who would you choose who could still do a job?

Well if it's ones who could still do a job, at least in terms of being fit enough, I imagine it would have to be relatively recent legends and I don't think we would have enough for a starting 11! Who would you choose?

I have always liked the JPT. I'd be relatively happy with finishing 17th and winning the JPT. A chance, as an adult, to watch my footballing idols walk out at Wembley would be something I'd treasure forever. I was more gutted after the Chesterfield game in 2012 than I've ever been after a match before.

But this can seriously suck my balls. Whoever decided this is a :censored: of the highest order...

Hear hear.

I have always liked the JPT. I'd be relatively happy with finishing 17th and winning the JPT. A chance, as an adult, to watch my footballing idols walk out at Wembley would be something I'd treasure forever. I was more gutted after the Chesterfield game in 2012 than I've ever been after a match before.

But this can seriously suck my balls. Whoever decided this is a :censored: of the highest order...

I won't be attending any games in this competition now. Does anyone know how our club voted? I saw an email a fan had sent to the club, but haven't seen a reply

I won't be attending any games in this competition now. Does anyone know how our club voted? I saw an email a fan had sent to the club, but haven't seen a reply

I saw a list of clubs that voted against it, a d there was only about 7 or 8. We weren't on that list (no idea how accurate it was though.)