FAO Simon Corney re Dickov

Not football's worst manager (see Kelly and Dunn for a start) but he shouldn't be anywhere near consideration.

Kelly and Dunn only had a handful of games each. Unlikely but one or both of them might have improved.

Dickov has been bad over about 6 whole seasons, which means 6 pre-seasons, 12 transfer windows, having been able to sign a multitude of different players & work with various different coaches/assistants and despite all that he produced nothing but complete failure.

Name me another manager who's proven himself to be so poor over such a period of time......

Sounding like his fan club here but beyond avoiding relegation what more could he do here? He got players through the door that we wouldn't have thought we'd have any chance of getting, Doncaster were an injury time goal away from staying in Championship.

The football was sterile at the end for sure but that doesn't mean he will adopt that style forever more.

Matt Chambers reckons it'll be later this week....nothing imminent but how do you pick a squad without a manager??

Steve Evans deal not completely dead yet?

Players should quickly follow the new manager (whoever that is) as well, I'm assured. Deals already lined up ready to go if the new manager wants them.

This is bordering on the ridiculous now!

Deals lined up by managers who won't get the job..you couldn't make it up.

Absolute joke of a board, a guy who is effectively unemployable as a football manager rises to the top of OAFC's wanted list, he must be prepared to work for buttons again as this appointment makes zero sense.

For a club that excels at taking steps backwards this one takes the biscuit.

Sounding like his fan club here but beyond avoiding relegation what more could he do here? He got players through the door that we wouldn't have thought we'd have any chance of getting, Doncaster were an injury time goal away from staying in Championship.

The football was sterile at the end for sure but that doesn't mean he will adopt that style forever more.

You're on the wind up.

Dickov 2010/11 - 56 points

Dickov 2011/12 - 54 points

Johnson 2013/14 - 56 points

And yet most would be creaming themselves at the prospect of Johnson returning.

We were moving forward under Johnson, we were very much moving backwards under Dickov.

Since then, Dickov constructed a team which was relegated, Johnson constructed a team for the same division which was promoted, and subsequently moved to a big club with loads of money who will probably be in the top half of the Championship.

Matt Chambers reckons it'll be later this week....nothing imminent but how do you pick a squad without a manager??

Steve Evans deal not completely dead yet?

Players should quickly follow the new manager (whoever that is) as well, I'm assured. Deals already lined up ready to go if the new manager wants them.

This is bordering on the ridiculous now!

Would this be for new players or deals lined-up for existing players who are out of contract, come the end of the month?

The ambiguity of Twitter, and all that.

Name me another manager who's proven himself to be so poor over such a period of time......

I'd say (to name two) Paul Ince and Dean Saunders are worse when looking at managers around this level. I'd put Dickov in the same bracket as Lee Clark (which really isn't a compliment).

Dickov is like the polar opposite of Evans in my view. A good bloke who doesn't get results. I'd have neither.

I'd say (to name two) Paul Ince and Dean Saunders are worse when looking at managers around this level. I'd put Dickov in the same bracket as Lee Clark (which really isn't a compliment).

Dickov is like the polar opposite of Evans in my view. A good bloke who doesn't get results. I'd have neither.

Lee Clark is worse than dickov. Edited by adamoafc

We were moving forward under Johnson, we were very much moving backwards under Dickov.

Since then, Dickov constructed a team which was relegated, Johnson constructed a team for the same division which was promoted, and subsequently moved to a big club with loads of money who will probably be in the top half of the Championship.

Johnson taking that team to the bottom of the league must have took some doing.

if true, the recruitment strategy seems to have switched from choosing a proven winner who is a complete ***t to choosing a proven loser who is a nice enough chap.

brain mashing.

LJ and Shez reportedly unliked by the players and get results.

Dickov, Holden and Dunn reportedly liked by the players and didn't get results.

There appears to be a trend here...

LJ and Shez reportedly unliked by the players and get results.

Dickov, Holden and Dunn reportedly liked by the players and didn't get results.

There appears to be a trend here...

I thought a lot of the players thought Dunn was a :censored:? Point taken though

I thought a lot of the players thought Dunn was a :censored:? Point taken though

From what I've been told they liked him/didn't mind him. However that might of changed towards the end when he started saying they was all :censored:.