Preston away

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think last night says it all. He's had a lot of chances.

Cassidy is in a very difficult situation. Looked good initially at the very start of last season but had a bad injury that effectively torpedoed the whole campaign for him. This time round you would hope he can get himself fit and in contention to play the target man role when required.

I thought he looked OK in the first half albeit with very little service or support except for Erwin who was good yet again. Second half looked absolutely shattered after 10 mins and should have come off. I feel it's a bit unfair to judge and condemn him in a match against championship opposition with no real support coming from the midfield until he was already spent. The big problem for me is the fitness and he needs to sort that out. Footballer's are paid a lot of money even at or level for a pretty easy life, being unfit is unforgivable. I'd send him out on loan to league two if possible, get him match fit and have him back in Jan.

This is a new manager with an entirely new squad. All of these players are playing from scratch, surely?

As for Cassidy, you can see when there's a footballer there or not. There's not a footballer there. Did he do okay first half by his standards or by what we would expect of any professional? I thought he was so poor all game, like he has been every match since his two game hot-streak.

This isn't about making him a boo-boy, it's just that he simply isn't good enough. Playing him is a waste of Osei, Glackin and everybody else's time.

This is a new manager with an entirely new squad. All of these players are playing from scratch, surely?

As for Cassidy, you can see when there's a footballer there or not. There's not a footballer there. Did he do okay first half by his standards or by what we would expect of any professional? I thought he was so poor all game, like he has been every match since his two game hot-streak.

This isn't about making him a boo-boy, it's just that he simply isn't good enough. Playing him is a waste of Osei, Glackin and everybody else's time.

Exactly.To think he was given a two year contract with an option for a third.Ive forgot which manager signed him..

I don't like calling players individually and have given Cassidy the benefit of the doubt based on his injury last season,but that performance

last night was a shocker particularly considering he must have known it was his last chance. It made it worse for him with Erwin buzzing around him.

Not sure if you're serious there or its a maths based pun?

No made a complete mess of it...was going to make a point out of how any number to the power of 0 ( nothing) always gives the answer 1.... Made a complete horlicks of it though.....I think I got away with I!

No made a complete mess of it...was going to make a point out of how any number to the power of 0 ( nothing) always gives the answer 1.... Made a complete horlicks of it though.....I think I got away with I!

I can't copy the link on my crap HTC phone, but many mathematicians say zero squared = 1. I thought you were correct! Although I couldn't see how it relates to my post :-) Edited by AlanGrovesFanClub

Surprised when Magister tried working out his maths problem that the number he came up with wasn't a negative one[/quote

But a negative multiplied by a negative always gives a positive McFluff!, whereas a negative multiplied by a positive gives a negative.