Preston away

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live commentary on BBC Radio Manchester if you have DAB radio

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p044z5wg

You confused me there. On my Dab and with this link I get the usual syndicated chat show. Footy is on FM.

Ritchie says Cassidy is having a shocker. Green just come on for Klok. Ripley made a cracking save. 751 away fans

Stubborn and solid apparently

Edited by astottie

Yep. We can be as optimistic as we like with the defensive performances shown so far, but this is another game without a goal now, so all it takes is a defensive error / clanger, and we are automatically up against it.

Really hope we can bring in this pacey striker and get rid of Cassidy. By having that pace up top, it'll make opposing defences a bit more aware, and perhaps make them defend a few yards deeper, but at the moment they'll know we offer very little threat.

Yep. We can be as optimistic as we like with the defensive performances shown so far, but this is another game without a goal now, so all it takes is a defensive error / clanger, and we are automatically up against it.

Really hope we can bring in this pacey striker and get rid of Cassidy. By having that pace up top, it'll make opposing defences a bit more aware, and perhaps make them defend a few yards deeper, but at the moment they'll know we offer very little threat.

Your mention of Cassidy reminded me that I listened to the whole of the second half and didn't hear his name once.

He has to be in our top five worst signings of all time bearing in mind how long he has been here

We've got to get a fox in box as soon as. There has got to be a bloody goalscorer out there. Don't think I can take another season of..."we were the better team, solid defence...but......aagghh."

Are we creating chances, though?

Your mention of Cassidy reminded me that I listened to the whole of the second half and didn't hear his name once.

He has to be in our top five worst signings of all time bearing in mind how long he has been here

I'm not defending Cassidy but to put the record straight, I listened to the second half on GMR and Cassidy was mentioned plenty of times.

Are we creating chances, though?

I didn't go tonight, listened on bbc Manc, we were the better team according to the commentators, one being stich. we had one clean cut chance in the second half when I tuned in.

Even stich said we just need a striker and we need one now before we start to free fall in the league.

Yes I am loving the footy we are creating but let's be honest....we need to start scoring soon.

Does any new team/squad start with the shape/defensive line-up and build from the back? Yes, if the manager is half-way intelligent. Then you develop the passing game and the attacking side. This is no reflection on the forwards. We have to connect midfield with attack.

We're not out of August. We're ahead of schedule.

Guest nonaenever

I`m a bit baffled really - thought tonight was an excellent opportunity to try Osei for 90 mins - Erwin will be absolutely knackered come Bradford - and he looks like our best chance of a goal. A blind man with a stick knows we need a goalscorer - hopefully we can secure one soon. We also need the midfield to start chipping in at some point. The football is good - but teams will start to think they only have to score one to beat us.

Erwin was excellent tonight.

What do you do with him though? On the one hand I'd like him to stay central as he's our most likely scorer but on the other he wins and keeps the ball so well out wide & tracks back well.....

Fane good again.

Dunne good. Banks too.

Ripley was great again until his clanger. He was fine again afterwards though and seems the type not to dwell on it.