Preston away

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ripley. First cock up. Why didn't he foul the lad?

Law. Decent outlet on the right hand side, but crossing was poor generally.

Clarke and Burgess struggled a bit with the height of Manieok but that's to be expected

Green is brilliant - by far our best player. Injected some life into a pretty stagnant midfield. I'm yet to understand what Klok actually does - he's never actually been in the game from what I've seen, very much so on the fringes of everything. The contrast with the lively Green is very apparent.

Banks. All touch no product. Bit of a sideways merchant tonight. Looked a Winchester type...

Cassidy. Don't bother. So unintelligent. Ball goes one way, he goes the other. Wins nowt in the air. Would rather give Osei a start and stop wasting our time.

Erwin. Only one with the bollocks to shoot.

Just no pace in that side tonight. Crossing was poor and so was the final ball. Only real chance went to Klok, who took a :censored:e touch away from goal and fluffed it. Other than that it was poor decision making when in decent positions. Quite a few times we had decent possession round their box and ended up with the ball in defence. There's certainly an element of fear to make the killer ball or a strong run. I think Fane epitomises that at times.

Don't think Banks does enough, badly out of position for the opening goal he failed to push onto his man and close the space down, he also has a strange habit of pointing at danger rather than dealing with it, he may just be lacking fitness and game time but he is a bench player at best for me.

Ripley is human after all ! Made a cracking save first half but will be disappointed with their second.

Fane was the best midfielder on the pitch.

Erwin I felt sorry for tonight, it literally is a one man band up front for him at the moment and he could play any position in a front line he has that much ability, proper shift and unlucky to get on the score sheet.

Law not sure about yet but Dunne and Burgess continue to impress.

Finally on to Cassidy who in my opinion was lucky to get a second half, now this may sound harsh but this guy has the pace of a slug, doesn't win a single header all night and is literally being carried by Erwin, now if that's him trying to prove something tonight then sorry but he just doesn't seem up to as well as up for it, simple fact is he doesn't have a goal in him at our level and it's hard to see where he can go from here.

Clarke, Wilson and Green all solid again although Green gave away possession at times with loose passing.

Not too disappointed the foundation is there and its obvious to anyone what's required, hopefully somethings imminent as 'og' is our top scorer in the league for a reason.

Cassidy has always been a dead loss .Time to off load if some club wants him on loan but I cant see any queuing up for him can you?.We have the basis of a good team if only we can get that fox in the box.Cassidy is more like Basil Brush.

When they took the lead we were the better side, but I never really felt like we'd score.

I've no idea what Ripley was doing with his efforts as a left back. Row Z next time. It's a shame as he'd been commanding in the box upto that point. I've also no idea what our defenders were doing trying to deal with the cross from his brain fart that led to the second.

So a decent performance but I don't think we create enough chances. It's not about the misses.

Does any new team/squad start with the shape/defensive line-up and build from the back? Yes, if the manager is half-way intelligent. Then you develop the passing game and the attacking side. This is no reflection on the forwards. We have to connect midfield with attack.

We're not out of August. We're ahead of schedule.

Ahead of schedule for what?

I think the moaners have decided on this years whipping boy before end of August. Do us all a favour and shut the f@@& up, it's a long time till May

I'm not a boo boy but compared to the rest of the squad who are new he really isn't interested. The others run themselves into the ground he doesn't. All fans want is hard work and graft he doesn't even give that. Would love to read his stats for distance covered last night. Think I covered more walking to my car.

Edited by adamoafc

I'm not a boo boy but compared to the rest of the squad who are new he really isn't interested. The others run themselves into the ground he doesn't. All fans want is hard work and graft he doesn't even give that. Would love to read his stats for distance covered last night. Think I covered more walking to my car.

Cassidy was tired according to the manager.

Edited by BP1960

How far down the pecking order must Winchester be to not even make last night's squad?

Of what I've seen so far, he is no worse than Banks, Klok or Mclaughlin, and let's not even mention Cassidy getting a start...

The article about him in the Chron yesterday seems to suggest he may not have 'bought into' whatever has happened so far. I hope he gives Carl some sort of gametime to prove himself. It's looking a bit off how distanced from the club he is, unless something has happened which we don't know about.

How far down the pecking order must Winchester be to not even make last night's squad?

Of what I've seen so far, he is no worse than Banks, Klok or Mclaughlin, and let's not even mention Cassidy getting a start...

The article about him in the Chron yesterday seems to suggest he may not have 'bought into' whatever has happened so far. I hope he gives Carl some sort of gametime to prove himself. It's looking a bit off how distanced from the club he is, unless something has happened which we don't know about.

If he's not performing in training (which I assume he isn't...) then he doesn't deserve a place on the pitch or bench.

I think last night says it all. He's had a lot of chances.

Cassidy is in a very difficult situation. Looked good initially at the very start of last season but had a bad injury that effectively torpedoed the whole campaign for him. This time round you would hope he can get himself fit and in contention to play the target man role when required.

I thought he looked OK in the first half albeit with very little service or support except for Erwin who was good yet again. Second half looked absolutely shattered after 10 mins and should have come off. I feel it's a bit unfair to judge and condemn him in a match against championship opposition with no real support coming from the midfield until he was already spent. The big problem for me is the fitness and he needs to sort that out. Footballer's are paid a lot of money even at or level for a pretty easy life, being unfit is unforgivable. I'd send him out on loan to league two if possible, get him match fit and have him back in Jan.