Farewell old friend!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairclough did, but not very well.

Do you think the flit in and out Flynn plays for 90 mins?

I'm not asking for 90 minutes of constant involvement! Im asking for a professional footballer to be up to standard in regard to fitness. Winchester looked notably shattered with 20 minutes to go.

I'm not asking for 90 minutes of constant involvement! Im asking for a professional footballer to be up to standard in regard to fitness. Winchester looked notably shattered with 20 minutes to go.

So you accept MIA for long periods acceptable even if on the pitch for the full 90 minutes?

Edited by BP1960

So you accept MIA for long periods acceptable even if on the pitch for the full 90 minutes?

I've not seen that though! He has worked hard and used the ball when able and has been part of a strong set up. He has done nothing wrong but you seem to expect more from him. I want more from them all but he hasn't been eclipsed by anybody else this season.

I'm surprised being a scout BP1960 you think that little of his game. How many players these days don't stop for 90 mins? It happens very rarely. He is a standard 7/10 every week.

I'm surprised being a scout BP1960 you think that little of his game. How many players these days don't stop for 90 mins? It happens very rarely. He is a standard 7/10 every week.

I'm not infallible, I go by what I see and apart from flashes of skill he doesn't do enough IMO.

It's my opinion if another cteative player is signed his place will be in danger.

On the question of Burgess I look to the long term, although prone to errors now in 2 years time I believe he will have cut those out and will be playing higher. Look at O'Connell of Celtic who had a torrid time here for example.

I'm not infallible, I go by what I see and apart from flashes of skill he doesn't do enough IMO.

It's my opinion if another cteative player is signed his place will be in danger.

On the question of Burgess I look to the long term, although prone to errors now in 2 years time I believe he will have cut those out and will be playing higher. Look at O'Connell of Celtic who had a torrid time here for example.

In your defence BP, Burgess looked to be improving game on game alongside Clarke, I didnt go on Tuesday for the reasons I have stated before, but I believe he regressed slightly.

:censored:. Stupid phone. I posted it before I finished. I deserved the abuse!

What I meant to say was that Makin was a prime example of an evolving full back. His game had lots of errors when he first started with us. Not quite as bad as Brown, but nevertheless he had them. He worked hard and improved with every game.

If ever Brown needed a role model, Makin is it.

Will Cassidy get the same platitudes? I doubt it. Despite him working hard and zero coming off for him he's seen as lazy.

Anyway I don't care....he's gone!

I feel the same about both, but I can see why people would remember Brown more fondly.

Agree with the final sentence though!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

What I meant to say was that Makin was a prime example of an evolving full back. His game had lots of errors when he first started with us. Not quite as bad as Brown, but nevertheless he had them. He worked hard and improved with every game.

:grin:

That's fair enough. Wasn't Makin a midfield player when he joined us? He was also one of schoolboys who trained in some type of national academy (vague memories). Joe converted him into a full-back and, yes, it took time. You're right.